Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 6 speed RSD problems
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 97
New Guy from West Chicagoland
Replies: 3
Views: 41
2 Throttle Tamer?
Replies: 1
Views: 34
14 Chopper of the month winner, May 2012
Replies: 53
Views: 12,220
Another broad for the stable.
Replies: 3
Views: 91
More...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
[quote=flysocal77;1213959]Gonna have to ditch the belt final drive. Damn belt wouldn't fit 140T is the longest in 1" I probably need a 142-145T. Oh well I tried. Chain makes more sense anyway.

Don't give up on that belt yet! The Buell 1125 R stock rear belt is 1 inch, 14mm pitch, 145 tooth! There are a few on eBay and call Erik Buell Racing to find out more details. You could also compensate a little by going down a tooth or two on the trans sprocket and your 140 tooth may still work. If you get a 145 tooth and it is still loose with the axle driven back to center you might have to add a tooth or two on the trans sprocket. Don't know much about Sporty trans sprockets so I'm not sure if they make them like that.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I know this chart does not even go close to 140 tooth belts, but if you look at the change in distance in 2 tooth increments you may be able to figure exaclty what tooth count you will need.

I mentioned in my Ugly Betch build thread I had to change rear belts. I still can't figure out why my 127 tooth belt would not fit back on when I have the same size but new pulleys installed? I had to go to 130 tooth. Using a measurement of the center of trans shaft to the rear axle center I used this chart to figure I needed the 130 tooth. I didn't seem like only a 3 tooth count difference would make up much, ut only a couple teeth can seem like a mile on rear axle position. I hope this helps!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
THAT is dead fuckin' sexy...love the tank and the front end! Well done, can't wait to see the final result....
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Badass....
-Motorcycle
-Off Road/4x4
-Sheet Metal

www.facebook.com/NorthsideWeldingMachineLLC
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Dollar CFL
Not Ranked     
I appreciate the comments guys. I didnt publish this build thread to stroke myself. It's the comments and suggestions that help motivate me and keep things rolling. I don't claim to be good at fabrication but have a vision I'm trying to make a reality. The guys at Chassis Design are master fabricators and it makes sense for a garage less guy like me to take advantage of their help. They had the fender and seat perfectly cut, rolled and welded in about 1/10 of the time it would have taken me. It was pretty cool to watch them work and let me hang out to show them how I wanted the fender cut and seat rolled.

Anthony Keeling (owner) is making me an exhaust today, a couple more odds and ends and the fabrication is done. I'm going to take care of the electrical and plumbing myself and ride it raw this summer. I'm gonna have to wait till i have a garage to complete my big $$ bike. I can't have that one sitting partially assembled in a shared parking structure.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cloud, I spent a lot of time trying to find a belt in the 141-146 range and came up dry. All the experts told me there was nothing available just a 140T touring or 149T vrod belt. I even called gates and they told me the same thing. Then you chime in and bingo I found myself a 2010 buell 1125 belt that's perfect a 145T. The only one available at HD in California was close enough to go pick up. The 140T was so short we couldn't even slip the axle on. According to the chart above the 145T is going to buy me 1.4" which might not even require the fender to be pushed back. Thanks buddy I owe you one!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp View Post
Damn your welder is f'n sick bro. That fender to tab weld is it bronze?
Yes they told me they use it on thinner material such as fender.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysocal77 View Post
Yes they told me they use it on thinner material such as fender.
Less warpage
-Motorcycle
-Off Road/4x4
-Sheet Metal

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks to Cloud we were able to make the 145T buell belt fit. Had to swap the 27T transmission sprocket with a 28T but I'm happy I can use my matching doom 61T rear pulley. The stock setup for a 2010 sportster 1200 is 68/29 so going 61/28 is kinda geared to cruising but it should be good because sportsters are set up for acceleration and guys tend to put larger transmission pulleys on sportsters for better cruising and not the only way around.

The exhaust is in the works. Gonna be similar to the SS pipes high and tight 2-1/4 pipe with custom tips.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The rear fender will need to be pushed back slightly now because of the axle position with the belt tightened. So a small step back but some big steps forward. The tail light is from a street bob suits the bike I think. Going to run a sissy bar up and around the tail light. I really wanted to run Twowhlsirvir web struts but they just wouldn't fit. The web struts would have looked awesome but the fender on a 140 (150 in this case) leaves more room between frame rails unlike the 200 cfl. Would have needed dramatic bends and would have been too short. Thanks anyway Devon.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The seat turned out pretty good. Sits fairly tight and almost looks rigid mounted with the hinge being under the pan. It's a Firestone bag about half the size of the Goodyear bags. Use a bicycle pump on the bag with a schrader valve. I think it's gonna be really comfortable. The pan is custom made for my ass LOL.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
A few more shots of the brake setup. They made a beefy front bracket. The rear bracket was found by John at scooters. Being a RSD the bracket was rare. Running brembo rotors and calipers.

One last shot and that's all until its complete. Just shift link, sissy bar, rear fender adjustment, and exhaust. Then I get to wire and plumb it.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Damn that things sick!! What you doing for paint?
-Motorcycle
-Off Road/4x4
-Sheet Metal

Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside W&M View Post
Damn that things sick!! What you doing for paint?
Going to use a lot of powder coat on this one. You know the weight lifting equipment that's powder coated grey with flake. I go to 24 hour fitness and a lot of the equipment is this color. Frame, some front end bits, probably triple trees all grey powder coat. Some chrome and black accents.

Tank and rear fender will be green flake mainly. Some pin stripping on the grey parts. That's the idea but let's see what happens.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
fuck me i missed this thread till now... fucken killer!!!! great design and vision.. love the tank and that clean looking springer