Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 24
Views: 2,473
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 804
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,377
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 498
More...
Old 07-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Race it on Sunday, Sell it on Monday... My 4 up CFL Build

My CFL build started like many others; Back in 2005 I ordered my 4 up CFL frame and a few other parts during the 10 year WCC anniversary sale.
I ended up going to Iraq from Nov of 05 to July of 06. When I got home I ordered my engine from Accurate Engineering and I went to the LBC to pick up my frame and parts when they were ready.
Ok, so now it's almost 6 YEARS later... What the hell happened? Well, if you've read some of my other threads you'll know I had major issues with the engine builder and I had to hire a lawyer to get him to cough up my motor, see You'll Shit or Go Blind... My Engine LIVES!!!

I made another trip to the middle east after 2007, bought a house, got a dog, had and lost a girlfriend or two... and so it goes while my CFL sat high on a big shelf in the back of my garage...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So what have I been doing all that time (at least with motorcycles)...?
Well... This;

I'm not happy unless I'm hitting corners over 80 and dragging my inside knee all the way around... I've never had so much fun on a bike since I started track riding in 2009.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
A few things you have to know about me because it relates to this build...
I don't call myself a 'biker'... I don't have tattoos or a beard, and I'm really not a very big guy to begin with. I hate labels and I don't like buying into or trying to fit into anyone else's scene. You will never, ever, ever catch me with one of those fawking stick-on mohawks on my helmet! I've always just been myself and done my own thing.
I love all things mechanical, typical boyish fascination with anything that clicks, twists, pops, bangs, or zooms... Cars, bikes, guns... hell I even love dozers and cranes.
I also value a strong work ethic and the desire to do things right the first time. It's something my father told me that will always ring true in my ear until the day I die; "Never do a half-ass job!"
What attracted me to JJ and WCC wasn't all the hype and the cool factor that all the low-self esteem social leaches suddenly latched onto... It was JJ's value on true craftsmanship. Getting shit right the first time and genuine hand-built quality. If you don't want to invest yourself into what you are doing in that sense, why even bother?
So that's why I picked the CFL frame... I liked the simplicity, style, and functional geometry that was made by someone who gives a shit.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: CFL, 113" Ultima
Not Ranked     
Cool man, look forward to seeing what you come up with. Anymore pics of your race bike? As I type this I'm trying to find a late model GSXR 600 or 1000.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
This was my ride from October 06 until Feb 2012... 07 FLHRS Road King Custom. I bought it fresh out the crate when the 07's came out with the 96" motor and factory six-speed. I put the hard bags on, Vance & Hines touring ovals, Bassani Headers, fog lamps and few other gizmos... still no GPS or cup-holder! (although the GPS could have come in handy).
It was painted by Kevin Norton in San Marcos, CA... BUT Hot Dog probably did the pin-striping. I still have to email the pics to him to verify but he told me he had done many pin-striping jobs for Kevin... we'll see. Anyway, I sold it this spring because I just wasn't riding much. I spent most of my seat time on the track and with the upcoming CFL build I knew it was going to be neglected more... So I took her to San Diego HD to find her a new home. If you knew how much I spent on the bike, parts, and paint you'd cry if I told you how much I actually sold it for. Or you'd shoot me... and then cry... and then shoot my stinking carcass again...
Old 07-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Just so you know... I like black. I don't dress in black every day and I sure as the fuck don't wear black eye-liner! But when it comes to cars and bikes, I like the dark side. After owning 2 Harley's with miles of chrome (my first was a 2003 Anniversary Sportster 1200), I am sick of chrome. So even on my truck I ditched the chrome 20's, stripped the chrome badging and letters.... everything. Funny thing is, my CFL will not be black!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So back to the build...
Earlier this spring I got a wild ass hair to finally finish my CFL. In reality I think its because I'm working in Phoenix and I miss home in San Diego like no other, so I keep myself going and my head in the right place by doing this stuff. This is what I had back in late March,
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Once I got things rolling on finally getting my engine done I ordered my transmission from Baker and put it into a JIMs case I got off eBay.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The top cover is smoked bullet proof plastic;
Old 07-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I didn't like the WCC peanut tank I had, it looked too small on the 4 up back-bone. So I took a Sporty King Tank I had and sent it to Greg Westbury for a low tunnel and Frisco, see my thread Greg Westbury Molested my Gas Tank!

The WCC Peanut tank is on the right, my new tank on the left;
Old 07-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
About the same time that I ordered my Baker Transmission I also ordered my Wheels, Rotors, and Sprocket from Performance Machine. It took just over two months to get them, and it turns out they made the wrong size front wheel... but they still look cool as hell and PM is making the correct size front that I should get back soon.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
On the last weekend of June, after so much frustration and losing a lot of sleep, I finally got my engine and slung her into the frame;
Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
First big fabrication problem I ran into was my rear fender. The WCC Rigid Two-Eight was made for an 18 inch wheel... mine is a 17. See my thread Radius on rear fender, shrink or slice? for the detail on how I got it to fit right.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:11 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Once I got the shape of the fender sorted out I knew I had to have my chain set up. I wanted to figure out where my axle would land after breaking in the chain before I could mount the fender to the frame; see my thread Setting Chain length and tension for the details on setting up the chain and doing the math to see how far back the axle could move.

Last edited by CloudDiver; 07-24-2012 at 05:13 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So this past Friday I took the roller out of my storage garage and brought it just down the road to my house in Phoenix for Mad Fab Weekend... I'll continue there later. Right now its 5:20 am and I need coffee...
Sponsored Links