Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Wcc parts and more
Last Post: grease71
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 330
2004 883 Chopper?!?
Last Post: BruceClarke
Posted On: 11-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 143
Dom Frame Specs
Last Post: Northside W&M
Posted On: 11-21-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 137
Show us your bike!!
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-20-2020
Replies: 1,800
Views: 790,519
Ultima 140
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-20-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 106
More...
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I try my best to keep that in mind and not get mad at Pete. Everything that has gone down over the last few years with WCC closing and having to find his own shop, I think Pete has done a pretty damn good job. Some bitchin cars and other projects have rolled out and he has a family and business to keep up with. So having a gentleman's agreement to take a paint job in trade for a roller, well I knew a long time ago I'd have to take a back seat to cash paying customers.
Such is life in Socal Kustom Kulture, a small community where you don't want to burn any bridges. I haven't turned into Ghandi or the Dhali Lamma, but I just don't see any sense in getting angry or worked up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysocal77 View Post
I dropped off CFL140 sporty build tank, fender etc a couple weeks ago. I didn't even ask TA because I could tell he was backed up. Saw Clouds frame (untouched) and Serge's stuff untouched. Timing is bad with the new paint shop and large jobs coming in. I'm confident he will get it done and you will be very happy just sucks the timing was off. Can't wait to see 3 more paint sets from Pete. Time is up for you just don't forget your dealing with an Artist.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: CFL, 113" Ultima
Not Ranked     
Its been 2 years? Shit man... shoulda taken it to boosted brad?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Slow=Smooth, Smooth=Fast
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
i understand a chop is uniquely yours, and uniquely reflects one's own priorities, so i'm not telling you what right or wrong. but fuck if paint is that much a priority on my scoot. i know you didn't sign up for two years, but shit... i would have burned the fuck out of that bridge some time back.

cheers to your heightened values for patience and forgiveness. hope it is all worth it to you in the end.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
It took me 6 years to get the engine after paying $11.5K, getting refunded $4500, then getting a lawyer involved... so the last 2 years are no big deal, LOL.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudDiver View Post
Serge's dominator is still sitting next to the paint booth wall, untouched. I have not seen the Tins. No offense to Serge, but if his Dom gets painted before my CFL I will loose my mind.
Dont know why Serge didnt go back to whoever did the killer paint on his prostreet...No matter what this guy does, it wont be any better. All the good ones are artists, but waiting years is bullshit.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:

It took me 6 years to get the engine after paying $11.5K, getting refunded $4500, then getting a lawyer involved... so the last 2 years are no big deal, LOL.

You need to rename this bike something to the effect of:

"Project Delay"

"Project Roadblock after Roadblock"

-- or pehaps - -

"Project Testing My Patience"

Hat is tipped Sir, as you certainly have more patience than most of us.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing pics of the paint job on this bike and hope it is another one that he knocks out of the park!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any updates on the paint yet?

Looking forward to seeing it together!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You guys are gonna think I've fuckin lost my marbles, but I haven't been bugging Hot Dog because I have a boat restoration project going on in my shop since NOV. I really do need to bug him and see whats up. I want to finish that bike and sell my Ugly Betch CFL so I can buy a new Race bike (Ducati 899 Pingale).
Old 01-28-2015, 04:01 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 4inch CFL, 117ci S&S, Baker 6sp
Not Ranked     
I love Pete and WAS going to send my tins to him from here in Australia, but after seeing this, it just reaffirms my commitment to my mate Brad Barnes. He will be getting my money over HotDog. I have to say, that HotDog is the master and his work is what I see in my mind when I look at others paint jobs. And I think boosted Brad is up there!!! HotDog is being ridiculously arrogant or busy or something... two + years is too long.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:52 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Aussie I also think hot dog is great, but brad is fucking good too, and im the same, after seeing this id definatly go to brad Instead.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You have to remember I'm not a cash paying customer, Hot Dog and I did a swap, my other shop built CFL 140 frame/roller for the paint on my CFL 4 up. Still, 2 and half years is a bit over the top, I'm just laid back about it because I already have another finished CFL to ride (that Hot Dog Striped for free), and I have so many other things going on at once. If he finished my paint this week I wouldn't get to putting the bike together for at least 3 months because I need to get my sailboat painted and out of my shop before I can even get that new CFL on the lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB View Post
I love Pete and WAS going to send my tins to him from here in Australia, but after seeing this, it just reaffirms my commitment to my mate Brad Barnes. He will be getting my money over HotDog. I have to say, that HotDog is the master and his work is what I see in my mind when I look at others paint jobs. And I think boosted Brad is up there!!! HotDog is being ridiculously arrogant or busy or something... two + years is too long.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:37 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 4inch CFL, 117ci S&S, Baker 6sp
Not Ranked     
Quote:
You have to remember I'm not a cash paying customer, Hot Dog and I did a swap, my other shop built CFL 140 frame/roller for the paint on my CFL 4 up. Still, 2 and half years is a bit over the top, I'm just laid back about it because I already have another finished CFL to ride (that Hot Dog Striped for free), and I have so many other things going on at once. If he finished my paint this week I wouldn't get to putting the bike together for at least 3 months because I need to get my sailboat painted and out of my shop before I can even get that new CFL on the lift.
That's fair enough mate, if you're not in much of a rush, but still you did a deal and 2.5 years is a fair while. I guess if I had as much work going on as you do, HotDog painted tins laying around would cause me to lose sleep!! LOL! You don't want to damage them! You know when they do rock up, you wont be disappointed! Good luck man.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
If I were you cloud id at least hit him up, just say no rush but in 3 months youll be ready to build the cfl again and if hed be ok to get started on it soon at least.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Dollar CFL
Not Ranked     
You really gotta push this along if not for yourself for those behind you. SDC is keeping him busy painting pretty dynas
Old 02-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysocal77 View Post

SDC is keeping him busy painting pretty dynas

Here are a couple of examples for motivation: