Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
2004 883 Chopper?!?
Last Post: BruceClarke
Posted On: 11-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 123
Dom Frame Specs
Last Post: Northside W&M
Posted On: 11-21-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 124
Show us your bike!!
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-20-2020
Replies: 1,800
Views: 790,314
Ultima 140
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-20-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 98
7 New project and new member
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: 11-18-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 243
More...
Old 06-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You'll Shit or Go Blind... My Engine LIVES!!!

Hold on to your britches Chopper Fuckers... After 5 & 1/2 years and finally having to hire a Lawyer, my engine is finally built and being bench run. The video and pictures below were sent to me by my attorney. The motor needs 2 hours of run time on the bench and should ship Tuesday if there are no issues.

Sorry about the Audio, but the iPhone automatically cut the volume a few seconds into it because it was so loud, but turn up your speakers and you can still hear it.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Old 06-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: bdm mastiff,bdm pitbull,
Not Ranked     
very cool I like the all black even the carb & intake...
Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1340 chopper in the works
Not Ranked     
I must have missed where you were having trouble getting you motor! What's the scoop?
Whos building it for you?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 FLYRITE BOBBER, 2002 NIGHT TRAIN
Not Ranked     
Please enlighten us on your story beacause I am lost too?

Last edited by LILCASH; 06-24-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash47331 View Post
I must have missed where you were having trouble getting you motor! What's the scoop?
Whos building it for you?
I wrote a little about this in my new member intro... I had paid $11, 545 in September 2006 for a full drive train package from Accurate Engineering (that was the 75% deposit!). This was just a few months after I got back from Iraq in july 06, and I ordered my CFL 4 up during the 10 year anniversary sale at WCC. The money I had in my pocket when I ordered that engine... that was blood money.
My CFL Frame and parts were delivered in the spring of 07. I had given Accurate about 3 months to build my motor (12 weeks) without even asking where things stood. I started calling and emailing the shop weekly to get the scoop, but rarely got an answer. After 8 months I got pissed. Many calls and emails later and a bunch of excuses and bull shit. finally a year had gone by and I told them to forget it and refund my money.
I was sent a check for $2500. I called bull shit on that, how can you take over 11 grand from me but then only refund me $2500? Where the F was the rest of my money. More phone calls and emails later and another few months I got a wire transfer for $2000.
Now we are into 2009 at this point and I left my office at the Naval Hospital in San Diego to got to a 2 month school in Athens, GA. When I finished that school I stopped by the shop in Alabama to settle the score. Berry was a bit surprised to see me in the flesh, but overall he was a nice dude. He showed me the whole shop and pretty much how the economic and mortgage crisis that helped bottom out the custom bike world had almost taken him down too. He had to sell most his of his big machine tools and lay off most of the employees just to keep the doors open, plus he went from being an engine building shop to a regular Harley repair shop.
He told me there were several other customers (12 besides me) who had paid for motor packages and did not get them. He had an accountant that ripped him off for over $125K. STD was manufacturing his cases and they went under, never having filled his order for all the blocks he needed to build those customer engines. He didn't say this, but I am assuming the crook accountant never actually paid STD for the order or other vendors for parts either. Then again i take all this with a grain of salt, who know what is bull-shit and what is not.
So he took me to his bank on the Saturday I was there in October of 2009 and gave me $1000 cash. I went back to San Diego and reported to my new ship as the department head for Supply on a Ballistic Missile Defense DDG (Destroyer). At this point my total refund was $5500 of the original $11,535.
The one part of this story that I know is not bull shit excuses... Berry's only son, who was 17 years old, was killed in car accident in November of 2010. I was on deployment at the the time in the Persian Gulf, so when I found out about when I got home I decided not to lay into him for awhile.
Finally, earlier this year, my good friend who has a Big Dog and an equally big ego went off on some rant about how not only was his FJ Cruiser a better truck than my Silverado, but also his store bought chopper got more attention on the street than my Ducati 848. So I said, ok buddy, I'll just go ahead and finish building my CFL and we'll see what the fuck is up then. Just as little kicker to that, he just bought a 2006 Honda CBR 1000 and seems to like riding it more than the Big Dog... go figure.
Anyway, Accurate had ignored my calls I had made in 2011 asking them to just build me an EVO for the $6K they still owed me and call it done. So I called Bandit at Biker Net who is a friend of Berry's and told him the whole story. I told him I'd rather not hire a lawyer and if he'd just build me the damn motor I'd be happy. Sure enough the next day i get a call from the 'new' shop manager at Accurate. He said they'd give me my 6 grand but it would take time, or build me an EVO. They had an S&S on the shelf and they'd pull it down and break it down for machine work.
Everything was good for the first month, starting in early April. It seemed like they were working and sending me a few pictures. After awhile they seemed to stop making progress and going back to their old ways of not returning my calls or emails. It got to May 16th and I saw no real proof of progress and two weeks after the last contact I had with them I got fed up and hired a lawyer in late May.
When my lawyer showed up at the shop and talked to Berry he basically said you have a chance to finish the work and deliver the product or we go to court for a hell of a lot more than $6K.... Think original price plus damages for 5 years of stress and aggravation. All of a sudden work started to get done, and my attorney sent me pictures at various stages of progress.
So now here we are, after 5 1/2 years. The motor is finally complete and it should ship Tuesday as long as the motor continues to run smooth on the stand with no major issues that would require tuning. He puts 2 hours of run time on the motor without going over 180 degrees, so usually 15 minutes at the most before cooling.
Well, thats my story on the motor order from hell... and I have no idea how much my lawyer is going to bill for this, but he did say he is going to bill Accurate for at least half of it. I might be into it for $500, but I guess that's money well spent!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: CFL, 113" Ultima
Not Ranked     
Hah shit, that's a long time to wait for a motor! Glad it's getting sorted.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Harley 89 Heritage 127 ultima
Not Ranked     
hey mate thats bullshit, what the fucks wrong with these people,.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:18 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
think your lucky you got your engine... times are tough for many in the industry...
seams like the builder has a lot of pride in himself and the company... many guys would have closed the doors and open a new shop the next day and say fuck you.....glad you received a engine.....
Old 06-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Harley 89 Heritage 127 ultima
Not Ranked     
maybe i was a little unfair to the builder he did come through for you and thats good customer service,,,,, But it took a bloody long time. well done to all concerned.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batto View Post
maybe i was a little unfair to the builder he did come through for you and thats good customer service,,,,, But it took a bloody long time. well done to all concerned.
5-!/2 years is good customer service???? That an added incentive of a lawsuit....
Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1340 chopper in the works
Not Ranked     
Long time to get a motor, for sure! Glad you finally were able to get it sorted out.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 FLYRITE BOBBER, 2002 NIGHT TRAIN
Not Ranked     
Glad you got that resolved, and what's going on with the rest of the CFL?
Do you have any pics? Thank you for your service for our country.

Last edited by LILCASH; 06-25-2012 at 08:06 AM..