Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: krymis
Posted On: Today
Replies: 296
Views: 28,453
pinstripe over powdercoat?
Last Post: FRANKTHECRANK
Replies: 1
Views: 63
Some bits I make
Last Post: selectedgrub
Replies: 23
Views: 2,309
Sons of Anarchy
Last Post: distantThunder
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1,262
Views: 100,429
Tire groth at speed and rubbed fender.
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 9
Views: 226
More...
Old 05-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cfl build

Is there some unwritten law that if you build on a cfl frame you have to use as many wcc parts as you can get? I like the cfl geometry/design so I am going there.. but every part wcc I can fit is not on the agenda. Is there some sort of cult I am not hip to? Sorry but cool-aid is not the drink of choice here.

Last edited by Tjay; 05-15-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 02:21 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
Is there some unwritten law that if you build on a cfl frame you have to use as many wcc parts as you can get? I like the cfl geometry/design so I am going there.. but every part wcc I can fit is not on the agenda. Is there some sort of cult I am not hip to? Sorry but cool-aid is not the drink of choice here.
Amen!

The frame is a nice frame but for some reason guys want to turn them into rolling commercials with 8, 12 or 15 logos plastered all over, sorry but it just looks a bit silly to me. They look exactly like the guy who has the " Live to ride ride to live" cam cover and clutch cover and horn cover and air cleaner cover and t-shirt and......

Plus that if you follow that standard formula you will own the bike for 4 years put about 2000 miles on it total and sell it for a staggering loss on ebay.
Take a look a the mileage on CFL's on ebay sometime if you don't believe me.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2 Up CFL 96 S&S
Not Ranked     
I'm building a 2 up CFL now. It started out being a shop built look alike but as things progressed I went my own direction and I'm glad I did. It is your bike, build it your way.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: ~cfl~ ss113/brute5/jims6/weld5-2
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision View Post
Amen!

The frame is a nice frame but for some reason guys want to turn them into rolling commercials with 8, 12 or 15 logos plastered all over, sorry but it just looks a bit silly to me. They look exactly like the guy who has the " Live to ride ride to live" cam cover and clutch cover and horn cover and air cleaner cover and t-shirt and......

-thats kinda my opinion too...however; i really like wcc frames, fenders and exhaust systems...pretty sexy metal

-wcc air filters are pretty dang kuul ...but im glad i had a 'polished' ss w/hi relief lettering

-i do give mr jj one hell of alot of credit and deep down, im jealous of his hard earned success

-im not much into 'vanity parts'...thats what 'mainstreamers' purchase, i think

-acourse thats just my opinion of wcc
Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Road King Classic, building a CFL 140
Not Ranked     
Agreed, go your own way. Here is a pic of my 140CFL. The only thing WCC is the frame and gas tank. I'm getting it back from paint in two weeks.

Last edited by rking0172; 05-16-2010 at 06:34 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Yes, Tjay there is a Cult. Do what you want with your CFL frame dude, its yours.

Last edited by SOCAL; 05-16-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rking0172 View Post
Agreed, go your own way. Here is a pic of my 140CFL. The only thing WCC is the frame and gas tank. I'm getting it back from paint in two weeks.

Looks good, what color did you pick?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Road King Classic, building a CFL 140
Not Ranked     
I went with a PPG vibrance pearl black on the frame and jockey shift, tank and rear fender got two tone PPG pearl black edging and deep root beer pearl. Some striping since the build is called the ISABELLA for the birth of my duaghter, so it will have her name pinstriped on the rear fender but small and blended in...

I'm sure my discription is not the best but 'll have pic soon!!!!!

Last edited by rking0172; 05-16-2010 at 11:02 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I think WCC makes some cool ass shit! Like the aircleaners. Now I personaly might Rock some WCC emblems like neck and axle covers. Maybe battery too but might try to stray away from the rest. Hey as long as your not like these Harley guys who dress head to toe with Harley apperal. Poser! Shit is bad when they even got Harley underwear on. Lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 CFL 4up Ultima 113
Not Ranked     
Good luck on your build stick with it. Plenty of great advice by some great guys on this site. But dont knock the guys who have more WCC parts on their bikes than you do. I see alot of CFL projects on this site and have yet to see one go down the street. And use your judgement I wouldn't talk choppers with a beret wearing vespa owner.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 WCC CFL, SS 113, AGENT ORANGE
Not Ranked     
Quote:

Nope you can build it anyway you like, put any part on it that you like. thats what make them all unique. For me I just wanted the certain WCC parts, Hell bents, WCC air cleaner, FWD controls. Plus at the time the price was right for them all. got them during the sale, like most everyone else. I did buy the WCC Villan tank, but after seeing it on most of everyone builds I ditched it and went with something different. Build away.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2000 FLSTF, 2005 WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
Quote:

Tjay,..........do what ever you want,...........there's room in the cult for all kinds.

With my build, I'm trying to gather as many high quality parts that I could afford, including WCC, Ness, Jay Brake, Metzeler,.....etc,..etc,.......and I have no problem with their logos on any of those parts.

Seeing the frame came with WCC axle covers, neck badge and oil tank,...those 4 logos are obviously visable. The air cleaner is the only other WCC logo on it,.........

I would love to say S+S, Primo, and Baker will be seen on it too but,....we'll see how the funds work out.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Fuckin 127" CFL
Not Ranked     
i love WCC parts soooo much i've been paying them to put it in my ass..
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Nothing wrong with using mixed brands or home made parts on your CFL build or building a CFL shop bike clone if that's what you want. Bottom line is you choose a CFL frame to build on, so it is the WCC style that you like. No matter what parts you choose to go with, it will always be a WCC CFL. There is no hiding it and why would you want to?

Last edited by SOCAL; 05-17-2010 at 09:57 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 5 Harleys & WCC CFL
Not Ranked