Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > West Coast Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 24
Views: 2,473
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 803
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,376
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 497
More...
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 08 Street Glide
Not Ranked     
Will it sell???

So is this one going to sell at the $50k reserve? I don't know if I'm getting too old but I just can't see spending $50k+ for a rigid. How many bikes were built in Long Beach with a Revtech engine?

Jesse is an awesome builder, no question about that. But if I was going to spend that kind of money to buy a bike I would have Brad build it. That dude has turned out some of the nicest bikes I have seen.

Custom Built Motorcycles Chopper | eBay
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
I was just lookin at that... And nope! For a shop built bike some things seem weird... No wire loom, a zip tie holding the front brake cable to the front from tube, revtech motor and trans... I'm not sayin it's not shop built but may be Jesse was pretty removed from WCC by that time.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwickk View Post
I was just lookin at that... And nope! For a shop built bike some things seem weird... No wire loom, a zip tie holding the front brake cable to the front from tube, revtech motor and trans... I'm not sayin it's not shop built but may be Jesse was pretty removed from WCC by that time.
Agreed, something seemed odd to me as well. You guys know the shop built bike history better than me though.

I should have been more specific in my post above. I meant to say that if I was looking for a WCC CFL and I was not going to build it myself I would go to Brad Barnes. You can get a CFL completed with the best parts, awesome paint and from a VERY reputable builder and designed for you! I just can't see dumping $50k for a bike that was designed for someone else.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
Yup, I agree. 50G's is a lot of money, especially in this economy.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC Dragon/WCC CFL 250
Not Ranked     
I am going to say it is not shop built. No S&S. No Brembos. Wrong trees. This is a perfect example of high dollar home build. I would have the driller send you the WCC build plate and then e-mail it to Jesse to confirm.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2009 Ducati Sport Classic, 2006 WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
If I'm dropping 50k on a WCC I want an S&S/Baker/Primo drivetrain, Brembo brakes, and all the high end shop bits (trees, headlight, talon forks, wheels, pipes, air cleaner, etc.). And for that money I would be looking at an El Diablo (1, if not a 2). Definitely not a CFL. Looks to be a well-built bike, just not in my taste.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2000 fxdx
Not Ranked     
I agree 100% If I had the choice I would definitly go with Brad as well, I think in the long run Brad stands behind everything he puts his name on and he's in the business because of his love for it, not just to get rich or to be in front of a camera. Besides everything he puts out is amazing, he's definitly a talented dude. Don't get me wrong I love WCC and the bikes they came up with, but somewhere along the way it stopped being about somebody's passion and doing something they loved to more about how much is in the bank acct. and how many t-shirts and lunch boxes were sold this month.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Good feedback! I am not looking at the bike for me, just curious about the build history. I thought shop built bikes had a different VIN number than the frames sold to the public? His VIN starts with "1CFL" which is what all of mine have started with. If you look at the other CFL on egay (w/the Warbird) it starts with "1W" which is what I have seen on shop built bikes.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2015 One Off. 6up 3out, 200MM, 124 ci
Not Ranked     
Personally, I don't think that is a shop built bike.

Even if it is though, that price is crazy IMO
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
ugly, the frame paint doesn't match anything else and for 50K, no batt cover?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC CFL, WCC Dominator, FXDXT
Not Ranked     
That bike is 100% not a shop built bike. Although a VERY good builder was involved and Hot Dog did in fact paint it in 2010 I believe. While the original bill might have been 100k it wasnt to WCC on Anaheim Ave. Todd Silicato built that bike way back in the day when he was still in Huntington Beach off Gothard Ave & Edinger Ave near Chica's.
Todd's Cycle + 808-634-3069 + Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii

The bike is still on his site haha. From what I recall Todd was very good friends with Perry & Roland Sands from PM and also in very tight with Jesse so that probably explains all the shop parts on it.

Also on VINS anything 1CFL was a frame only. Never seen a shop built with a 1CFL VIN, 1W is the most common 17 digit shop vin configuration I have seen. I have some other pics of shop built tags at home I can verify later.

I sent the seller a very nice email stating the facts and history of the bike and thats its not a shop built bike. Waiting on a reply.

Last edited by Jasonknezo; 04-15-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonknezo View Post
That bike is 100% not a shop built bike. Although a VERY good builder was involved and Hot Dog did in fact paint it in 2010 I believe. While the original bill might have been 100k it wasnt to WCC on Anaheim Ave. Todd Silicato built that bike way back in the day when he was still in Huntington Beach off Gothard Ave & Edinger Ave near Chica's.
Todd's Cycle + 808-634-3069 + Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii

The bike is still on his site haha. From what I recall Todd was very good friends with Perry & Roland Sands from PM and also in very tight with Jesse so that probably explains all the shop parts on it.

Also on VINS anything 1CFL was a frame only. Never seen a shop built with a 1CFL VIN, 1W is the most common 17 digit shop vin configuration I have seen. I have some other pics of shop built tags at home I can verify later.

I sent the seller a very nice email stating the facts and history of the bike and thats its not a shop built bike. Waiting on a reply.
Right on, thanks for the great feedback! I friggin new I saw that bike somewhere but I couldn't remember until you mentioned Todd's website, that was driving me nuts! Todd is an excellent builder though and the bike is worth some decent change, just not $50k worth...
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: a few
Not Ranked     
I emailed seller with same questions. He said it was built by "TOM"S CYCLE in HAWAII" .... lol
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC CFL, WCC Dominator, FXDXT
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehockichez View Post
I emailed seller with same questions. He said it was built by "TOM"S CYCLE in HAWAII" .... lol
off to a positive start....
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2012 CFL , 2001 FXDXT
Not Ranked     
Todd's Cycle is now located in Hawaii. Check there web site