Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Vision Design

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: Today
Replies: 40
Views: 1,671
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-18-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 277
Owner's manual
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 10-16-2020
Replies: 6
Views: 274
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: MAKO6
Posted On: 10-14-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 154
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-13-2020
Replies: 19
Views: 570
More...
Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: The VTR thread in Metric Choppers
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision View Post
Jezus Chris your lucky you were not seriously hurt. I make the kids around use a bicycle pump to add air to a tank because I don't want anything like that to happen.

Did it scare the piss outta you or did you see it starting to expand but it was too late to stop?
A bit but I was more pissed off. It went up like an Easter Egg then ripped accross the Front.
I tried to save the base tonight but it is way too distorted to ever get the bolts anywhere near. I've half heartedly started to make a new Tank tonight.
Make the Bastard Chase you! He will follow!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey vision I got a sportster tank that I want to frisco. When I re weld the bottom on what's your recommendation for welding. Spot weld everything or something like 1 inch welds? I have a tig but still new to things kinda.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp View Post
Hey vision I got a sportster tank that I want to frisco. When I re weld the bottom on what's your recommendation for welding. Spot weld everything or something like 1 inch welds? I have a tig but still new to things kinda.
I am not sure what the proper way is but yea I start at the middle working outward and spot weld usually a bit closer then an inch tho.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
wait a minute, multiplied? really?
My understanding of pressure was that 10 PSI in a football exerts the same force on the wall of the ball as 10 PSI in the hull of a battleship right?
As indicated...PSI pounds per square inch. If you have 10 PSI, that is distributed over the surface area that contains it. It is the same force in a football or over the hull of a battleship...difference being the square inches of surface that force is acting upon. Although I am not sure how you are containing 10 psi in your battleship hull?

The main thing being the even pressure distribution. In a round ball there is even force that keeps it round. In a motorcycle tank, the pressure will try to turn the tank shape into a ball (as close as it can get anyways).

Another way to look at it might be putting 10 psig (pounds per square inch gas) of air into a 1" cylinder or putting the same 10 psig into a 36" cylinder...it is the square inches of surface on the end of the cylinder piston that lets the larger cylinder lift many times the weight of the 10 psig.

Also explains why a larger engine piston makes more power than a smaller diameter piston...surface area that gas is pushing on.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
cool thanks for the info

now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWerks View Post
. ..In a round ball there is even force that keeps it round. In a motorcycle tank, the pressure will try to turn the tank shape into a ball (as close as it can get anyways)...
This I have seen myself with dished in sides instantly becoming dished OUT sides and numbing my fingertips (not to mention scarring the piss outta me) in the process.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yeah was just wondering if you had experience with warping form laying to much weld at once.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp View Post
Yeah was just wondering if you had experience with warping form laying to much weld at once.
Not real recently but that is because I tack everything as a matter of habit even small pieces get tacked up before the are welded and going a step further back make sure the pieces really fit well in the first place with no gaps THIS will make your tacking go easier and faster and that will make your welding go easier and faster. If I see guys trying to rush anything it is the prep work before even tacking. Trying to force it into position as your welding is the recipe for crappy results.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 NightTrain, 250 ST, 250 Rigid
Send a message via AIM to Vicodinwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Vicodinwizard
Not Ranked     
Hey Ron,

Good write up. Not sure why I didn't see it months ago. I like the oil to store parts in. I wonder if BP would let me use their oil spill to store my shit in???

I've been away from shit for a while, wallowing in my little whiney bitch mood over my shop gettin canceled.

Anyway, good ta see ya still active. I'll get there soon.......I hope....

"You can judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing to them or for them. "
Old 08-13-2010, 05:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicodinwizard View Post
I've been away from shit for a while, wallowing in my little whiney bitch mood over my shop gettin canceled.
Hey Vico, Good to see ya back man.
Been in a bit of a whiney bitch mood myself recently thanks to 2 cases where guys that were in a deal with me went belly up and reneged on contracts after they assured me everything would be fine and to send them the parts. WTF? Is this the state of the business right now?
Both guys have sent me long sad stories that blamed their problems on hard luck and misfortune......nothing to do with high overhead and poor planning was it? Fuck maybe thier dad's broke their arms when they were 6
Be a victim, Depression is very trendy right now.
Rant over.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: The VTR thread in Metric Choppers
Not Ranked     
Quote:
......Be a victim, Depression is very trendy right now......
Well thats done the trick for me Dose of my own medicine. (actually I nicked that off Blue from BSH)

I can stop annoying Andy and Frankee by kicking things around the Shed now and get on with re-making this fucking Tank.
It pissed me off so much because every single thing on that bastard bike has had to be made twice or more. It should have been finished ages ago.

Edit:-
Ps. Vico, get in that Shed and build something Lad
Make the Bastard Chase you! He will follow!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Never again
BTW........... the name is Ron.

he goes by the name of ron... ron tha douche.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ->Bullet<- View Post
he goes by the name of ron... ron tha douche.

Been drinking have we?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
not @ all. I'm @ work and kinda bored... you drunk ?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 NightTrain, 250 ST, 250 Rigid
Send a message via AIM to Vicodinwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Vicodinwizard
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
......Be a victim, Depression is very trendy right now......
Ok, that did it. I NEVER do anything trendy. If depression is in, I'm OUT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikeopath View Post
Well thats done the trick for me Dose of my own medicine. (actually I nicked that off Blue from BSH)

I can stop annoying Andy and Frankee by kicking things around the Shed now and get on with re-making this fucking Tank.
It pissed me off so much because every single thing on that bastard bike has had to be made twice or more. It should have been finished ages ago.

Edit:-
Ps. Vico, get in that Shed and build something Lad
You're absolutely right. I need to get out and do SOMEthing. Even if it's wrong....

I gotta start by "finding" my "shed". It's been pretty much a clusterfuck since the Laughlin Run....

"You can judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing to them or for them. "
Old 08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ->Bullet<- View Post
not @ all. I'm @ work and kinda bored... you drunk ?
nope not @ all
But I have been known to post and or ebay while drunk and let me just say....not a good idea.
Kids, don't drink and post!