Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Vision Design (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/vision-design/)
-   -   How to build a Sportster gas tank for dummies....and cheapskates. (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/vision-design/82950-how-build-sportster-gas-tank-dummies-cheapskates.html)

dirty d 05-14-2010 08:12 AM

great thread man, Fat props on showing the simplicity of making stuff from steel. nice to see for a change. !!

Spade115 05-14-2010 08:49 AM

Imma print it out and make a paper gas tank :D

tod75154 05-14-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1040148)
Imma print it out and make a paper gas tank :D

Is this your new plan Jesus??? Paper mache` a chop??? :HMMM::LOL:

Spade115 05-14-2010 11:23 AM

It Is NOW. WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can make paper Cranes so maybe. just maybe.

vision 05-14-2010 04:26 PM

It's really just metal origami.

But seriously, the HVAC architects have computer programs where they can set it up to make a 4 way connector with different size ports and crazy off angles and this program will plot out where to cut and where to bend a flat piece of sheet into a 3D 4way connector. And it does it all without really stretching or shaping the metal except where it is bent of course - bending being really just stretching the metal on one side while shrinking it on the other :whacked:

oldchrome 05-14-2010 05:19 PM

cool tank build ,:cool:great work

->Bullet<- 05-16-2010 06:12 AM

vision you rock dude,thank you for this great thread,too cool man too cool ! :cool::cool:

sackman 05-20-2010 03:03 PM

Fab job there man and thanks for taking the time to post pictures and detailing the process.

dirty d 05-21-2010 11:44 AM

any luck getting the patterns sized up for normal ? Id like to see one if possible Ron. thanks

vision 05-24-2010 01:27 AM

No but I have the original scan file here:

http://vision-design-studios.com/SportPat2.jpg

To get a tank the size of Sporty King you need to have this pattern sized to where the straight edge of the piece that says "top" is 16 5/8th long

You will have to play with the resolution to get it to print the right size.

You figure out a way to get that one right I will send you a pattern for Villain style tank as well. I really want to sell Villians that bolt on to Sportsters.

vision 06-22-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty d (Post 1050587)
got the secret package today thanks a ton man, "dirty d's diaper service " HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA , I almost shit my diaper laughing so fuckin hard on that one. Thanks again.

Hey who knows? Could be a new business opportunity and you already got the name set. There is big money in waste removal :3dSMILE:

No need for any payback to me but if a forum member asks then your on deck to forward it to them...deal?

dirty d 06-23-2010 08:50 AM

deal !! no problemo im transfering it to manilla board right now so I have an extra thanks again man

Spade115 06-23-2010 09:29 AM

You all are going to make Villain Style tanks :eek: AWESOME!!

Tink 06-23-2010 03:25 PM

Hi

I've resized the pattern to full size, you can download the .PDF from the tech-stuff page of my site at TheTrikenest.

With due credit to Vision.

Vision if you have a problem with this let me know and I'll take it down, I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

Tink

Spade115 06-23-2010 04:02 PM

Are you going to build anymore tanks vision?