Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Vision Design

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 42
Views: 1,873
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Replies: 27
Views: 892
Insurance?
Last Post: Chuck_U_Farley
Replies: 0
Views: 25
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: waxlrose
Replies: 3
Views: 379
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,327
More...
Old 03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Mikuni S&S CV or??? best carb for the job?

I just picked up a 883 without intake mainfold
I will like to run this engine in my project but as soon as the project is done I want to kit it up to 1200
My question is will I have to buy another Cab or is there one out there versatile enough to go from 883 to 1200. I don't need top performance but i want a bike that will not be drastically under or over carburated.
Opinions?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Id go with a S&S super E very easy to tune and will work with both just have to rejet
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Dog / Buell build in the making
Not Ranked     
will an intake manifold that fits the 883 fit the 1200? If it were me and I could do it I would try and get the 1200 kit on there from the outset and be done with it
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKLee View Post
will an intake manifold that fits the 883 fit the 1200? If it were me and I could do it I would try and get the 1200 kit on there from the outset and be done with it
Well that is an excellent question. I know the main diff is that the 883 runs a piston that is half inch smaller diameter (3 inch I believe to the 3.5 on the 1200 set up) so the jugs are different but I still thought that the manifolds both swap out.

Your right about going for a set up that is more in balance for a 1200 and just jetting it down to try to get a good range for the smaller displacement. The only worry i have about that is that my finances are not what you would call "Rock Solid" today things are gong good and new jugs/heads seem doable in 6 or 7 months but sometimes we have dry spells and in that case I might be ridding it in the 883 config for longer then I expect.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Ass Blaster & Ultra classic
Send a message via AIM to Evodog
Not Ranked     
main difference is the bore.....just get a Super E ... and you'll be good to go!

``Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity''.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
As usual everyone wants to over carb. An e is waaay to big for that motor. Find yourself a nice old 40mm Mikuni and you can thank me later.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
I would find a used CV carb they were put on both the 883 and the 1200 from the factory and work decent on both. I think an E and a 42 Mikuni is too big for an 883.

Oh and the intake would be the same on either 883 or 1200
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Old 03-12-2010, 06:47 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yea the more I think about it that is the direction I am going. I would love to get either a Mikuni or an S&S (if I see a great deal on ebay I will sang one) but they both seem to be a bit more expensive then the CV and if anybody knows what is a good size to put on a Harley it is probably Harley.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80" bobbed prostreet,'06 RdKng.
Not Ranked     
I ditto w/pushrod243.......CV is a very good carb as far as versatility and reliabilaty AND can be gotten cheap.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I just took the carb off a 2000 Buell I just bought as a donor bike which I'm tearing down right now. I got no use for it so if you can use it its yours. Let me know. My other half is flying out to New York on Thursday - she can take it with her and send it out to you from there.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yes if that will fit I want it. I want to comp you whats fair tho. Will that fit on a 2007 that was formerly Fuel Injected? I am just starting to learn the Sportster engines but having a blast at it.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:46 AM
DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKLee View Post
I just took the carb off a 2000 Buell I just bought as a donor bike which I'm tearing down right now. I got no use for it so if you can use it its yours. Let me know. My other half is flying out to New York on Thursday - she can take it with her and send it out to you from there.
Good on ya, mate

That's what CC is all about

"Hula Baby"
Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks Merlin

Ron - just sent you a pm.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 5 Harleys & WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
For the record.. your not gonna be happy with the cv carb... I have a 883, and swapped out the cv twice, and jetted it all the way up, and it still starves.. I ride my sporty like hell, so its always revn high, a super e is the way to go... keep in mind, your bumping up to a 1200, I'm sure you gotta have pipes, and of course a higher air flow intake... with more velocity, your gonna want a carb that'll perform..

Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCOHTRAZ View Post
For the record.. your not gonna be happy with the cv carb... I have a 883, and swapped out the cv twice, and jetted it all the way up, and it still starves.. I ride my sporty like hell, so its always revn high, a super e is the way to go... keep in mind, your bumping up to a 1200, I'm sure you gotta have pipes, and of course a higher air flow intake... with more velocity, your gonna want a carb that'll perform..
The only upgrade on the 883 will be pipes and they are the 2 into 1 style so not super high flow. When the engine gets rebuilt with the 1200 jugs and pistons I will have a few options with the heads and cams and at that time I am thinking I may want to more up to a bigger bore throat but that really depends on finances more then anything and these days it is all about getting this bike up and running by any means necessary.