Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Vision Design

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 2
Views: 308
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 26
Views: 838
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,310
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 80
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,819
More...
Old 04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL View Post
Nothing like getting your ass and nuts roasted and a tri-bar gas cap jammed into your face at 80 mph.
too damn funny !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kregan87 View Post
vision will never let go of his cfl complex
bam !
Old 04-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Everytime I see another CFL I think this guy cant weld or fabricate, and has no creativity.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1942 Harley 45 Magnum
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post
Everytime I see another CFL I think this guy cant weld or fabricate, and has no creativity.
+1................

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
Quote:
+2 ....he can weld , but that it
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rippin' LOVE 63 pan
Not Ranked     
Quote:
really? have a look at the MAKEE build on the killby duce
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
vision will never let go of his cfl complex
Really? Man, you're still clinging to that bro? I'm sorry if ever I made a comment that you took offense to but really it wasn't personal. If you think I am wrong I'm good with you posting a well reasoned reply that shows me the error of my ways and I may just agree with you. If however your only intention in branding me an "enemy of the CFL" is to have all the troops pile on then that just goes further to prove you a subscriber to the groupthink mentality which is why CFL riders have to deal with many custom biker thinking they are only riding a bike like one they saw a cool guy riding on TV so they can be "just like" that cool guy. It really hurts your own cause.

here's the thing kregan87 ...Yea sure what I post on this site is related more to CFLs. That is because this site became very WCC heavy after Chopperdogs shut down. When I post on XL Forums guess what? It's more related to Sportsters. When I post on ChopCult I tend to focus on the skinny retro engine chops with metal flake paint jobs because that is what the guys there are more inclined to talk about. It aint personal man, don't take it so hard.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty View Post
really? have a look at the MAKEE build on the killby duce
The reason i showed Kilby Duece at the begging of the thread was because it is a great example of a CFL based chopper.

Kilby Duce is badass chop for sure man but it totally does NOT follow the recipe. Markee didn't start out with a bike to copy in mind and then order all his parts from the same catalog. Dude hand made everything he could, fabricated a lot of the major parts, copied almost nothing. For the accessories it wasn't the same old billet pieces it was his own concept and he even buffed off the factory logos. Huge fan of that chop and others in the first post. My whole question on this thread was why don't we see more of this?

Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Ahhhh, c'mon Ron......you know you're a hater...
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Call it a simple guess but, the reason I think so many CFLs may have been built to resemble shop built bikes is the same reason there are so many Hemi Roadrunner clones, so many Yenko Camaro tributes, so many copycat LS6 Chevelles,....and 100s of fake and cloned Z28s, SS's, GT's, etc,..etc,,...and every other mimicked high end muscle car. Because there aren't that many of the real things around, and the ones that are have been priced out of reach. So building one, as close as possible to the real thing, is what people have to do, when they want one, but can't aquire the real deal.

Also, many people, like to follow a plan, and don't have a great imagination for uniqueness,......and like to "paint by numbers",.....like the guy who would rather restore an old Panhead, or a 67 Vette, to factory specs, instead of building a bobber or a street rod.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Another thing to remember is, where one builder might have great fabrication skills, and a great imagination to make one off features on a chopper or a muscle car,........another guy who rather make a factory correct restoration on a numbers match muscle car, or copy a WCC CFL, might have great attention to detail, and be meticulous when duplicating the exact features these two examples need to have to be acurate.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
Vision - You need your CFL vision checked.
The bikes you showed have the stuff you said
they don' t have. I see a king Sportster . I see a Villian tank
with a side molding. Those little tanks - like Kilby Deuce are not new
and they are not new with the cove on the side.
You showed EVO's and shovels then said they are not EVO's.
Where is the creative difference?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC CFL 2up
Not Ranked     
trust me vision personal is the last way i would take it. i just love how the cfls run your life even tho you cant stand them. you post more about cfls than a guy who has a deep seeded man crush on jesse. im just here to fuel the fire.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
trust me vision personal is the last way i would take it. i just love how the cfls run your life even tho you cant stand them. you post more about cfls than a guy who has a deep seeded man crush on jesse. im just here to fuel the fire.
The CFLs run my life? You're really trying your best to make a mountain of a mole hill here aren't you? Custom motorcycles run my life might be a more accurate statement but in reality I hardly ever post here anymore because this site has become more about clone bikes than custom bikes.

Quote:
Vision - You need your CFL vision checked.
The bikes you showed have the stuff you said
they don' t have. I see a king Sportster . I see a Villian tank
with a side molding. Those little tanks - like Kilby Deuce are not new
and they are not new with the cove on the side.
You showed EVO's and shovels then said they are not EVO's.
Where is the creative difference?
Each of the bikes I have shown have one or two of those elements but none of them have all. C'mon man if you can't see that these bikes are not recipe CFLs then you really need your vision checked.

Quote:
Call it a simple guess but, the reason I think so many CFLs may have been built to resemble shop built bikes is the same reason there are so many Hemi Roadrunner clones, so many Yenko Camaro tributes, so many copycat LS6 Chevelles,....and 100s of fake and cloned Z28s, SS's, GT's, etc,..etc,,...and every other mimicked high end muscle car. Because there aren't that many of the real things around, and the ones that are have been priced out of reach. So building one, as close as possible to the real thing, is what people have to do, when they want one, but can't aquire the real deal.
Thank you Frank for actually addressing the question and offering some dialog that might help some of us that don't hate it but just don't get it. I assumed it that what your talking about was part of it and as FIFTY had ponted out it is all too easy when building your first bike to make styling decitions you might regret later so that makes a lot of scense as well.

Quote:
Ahhhh, c'mon Ron......you know you're a hater...
Never really thought so but you'll have to ask Kregan87 on that one Rick. He is the expert on my motivation. Maybe with his persistent concern about my CFL issues I can get some closure soon. Then we can turn our attention to his
Quote:
...deep seeded man crush on jesse...
Really Kregan I don't know you from Adam but for whatever reason you seem to really love to post in any thread I start and that's fine, it's cool if you disagree but dude please add something to the conversation. Frank, fifty, 80-80, easyrider have all given responses that make them seem like reasonable guys who have chosen CFLs for rational reasons. Getting super defensive and trying your best to start a flame war makes it seem like maybe your reasons were more along the lines of the HOG riders who have all the moco branded gloves, vest, stickers, gear etc because it helps them feel they are part of the crowd. I don't hate CFLs and I don't hate you but if your gonna pipe in then FFS add something relevant to the thread.

Last edited by vision; 04-07-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC CFL 2up
Not Ranked     
Haha whatever u say vision. Continue on with your cfl thread yet again you innovator of motorcycle building who's apparently never built a bike that looked like another bike. We're all it's clone building losers while vision is the innovator. Do you also put 26" wheels on ur bikes cuz I heard on tv that's innovative and will win bbo's. last post on this peace
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
Creative usually equals - can't ride it / uncomfortable.

When you see me on my CFL be informed that I am not displaying
creativity, I am riding a bike.