Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Vision Design

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 2
Views: 306
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 26
Views: 837
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,310
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 80
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,819
More...
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
The latest bad idea

I got a Yamah SR400. This bike runs the oil in the frame deal pretty much like a Triumph and has a dry sump engine where the oil sump is held back by a checkball mostly above the level of the engine. I want to be able to run multiple tanks on this bike but the more I started at it sitting there with no tank at all the more I started to like that look. So now I'm looking at converting the hollow space in the frame to gasoline and running an external pill oil tank. I realize there wouldn't be enough fule space in the inframe tank to go any substantial distance but having it hooked up to the cab all the time would make swapping out tank much easier and give me the option of going tankless.

The bad idea bfore this one was to run a chain drive foot control. Trikopath came over and pretty much hooked that one up for me while I chatted up his girlfriend and drank the beer but I am stoked with how it came out and all it's missing now is a return spring and paint...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 custom 127"
Not Ranked     
Humm interesting, looks like ya might need a fuel pump to draw fuel out of the downtube but as long as you lower the float in the carb it should work.
good luck.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80 shovel/09 asve EVO
Not Ranked     
Why lower the float?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Yea why would I change anything on the carb? The pump would only be used to feed fuel back into the main area not to pressurize the fuel feed. I'm not great at carb theory or tuning but I thought I understood the basics. Am I missing something?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 custom 127"
Not Ranked     
Oops my bad...I was thinking of feeding the carb directly from the fuel pump rather than just transferring fuel to the upper part of the tank....if the carb was fed directly off the pump u would lower the float slightly otherwise flooding may accure due to higher fuel pressure than gravity feeding...good luck