Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Ultima Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,459
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 792
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,364
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 486
More...
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question about Ultima wiring harness

I have the Ultima wiring harness part no. 18-533. On the schematic, it shows an aux power wire which doesnt show connecting to anything. Im assuming it goes to the pos side of the battery, but want to check with you guys before I do something stupid! Is that where it goes?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
no... I believe that wire is hot... just a power wire for any accessories you might have...
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
That makes sense.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So, really, I can just leave it disconnected right? (dont have any other accessories)
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey5632187
So, really, I can just leave it disconnected right? (dont have any other accessories)
I would check it with a test light once you get a battery hooked up. If its an Aux power and is indeed hot be careful just leaving it disconnected. I am Not sure how the Midwest harness comes but if it has a end on it you might snip it off and heat shrink it to insure it doesnt short out by touching something when you are riding or better yet if its a 12v hot wire to nowhere just get rid of as much of it as possible to eliminate future probems. You can always extend it later if you decide you need it.
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1975 shovel bobber,2007 chopper, 85flh b
Not Ranked     
I have used ultma's harness's and they do have extra accessorie wire's and like push rod said just heat shrink it and forget about it, it not needed.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Ride,When? Whatever goes faster than you
Not Ranked     
If you have nothing else you need to power up, just leave it. It is an extra power feed. You are not running a radio or cig lighter?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks for the input. I do plan on covering up that end, just wanted to make sure I didnt need the wire. Actually, right after I posted this question, I saw on the schematic where the power comes off the battery. I was actually thinking about the cig lighter though.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
I know this is my first post but need some help bad. This forum seems to be the only forum that has even talked about the ultima 18-533 wiring harness. I have things hooked up (2000 883 sportster) and decided to check the blinkers and I can't stop them from hazard flashing. I hit left side and both flash, I hit the right side and both flash. Thinking it was a short i disconnected the left (font switch) and still it happens, then the right and still????? ???? Bad unit? Shorting some where?
Thanks a lot

Some pictures of my build
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23658865@N04/
Old 03-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I figured it out, I was wanting to have the lights signal on one light which was crossing wires (stupid me) so no problem any more!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
help

ya i have a midwest wiring harness 18-346 i identified the colored wires and know which component to hook them to battery, starter, coil, etc... but it has a 12pin plug on the other side of the loom do i need to buy a module or something or can i just wire it and fire it up?????? it came with the relay, 30 amp breaker, 2-15 amp breaker, and my flasher but i just dnt get what the 12 pin plug is for on this loom i cant find anyone who knows this answer all the shops i call say they dnt know they have never worked with this harness before its holding me back from progress and driving me crazy if someone knows somthing about this please explain????????????
Old 03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1982 Low Rider 80" Shovel
Not Ranked     
ultima 18-346

According to Ultima web site, that harness is for 1985 and later FX Harley.
I have '82 FX Low Rider, and just got my ultima harness.
The 12 pin on mine is in the back of the headlight (Sportster type) housing to connect the main harness to the switches, lights, indicators and such. One side of the connector clips on the inside (that's what the extra wires and pins are for) get out your soldering iron and shrink wrap. The pre-wired section plugs in from the out side.
If you don't have a Sportster style headlight, you can either cut the wires from the plug and solder them directly (not recommended) or find a good place to hide it where you can get to it when you need to work on things.
I'm still tearing things apart on mine. Making my own diagrams since my bike is an FXE converted to bat bobs and dash. I have to combine two different diagrams from my factory manual. Good luck.

P.S. If you don't have a factory service manual for your bike, drop EVERYthing and go buy one. There is no tool made that is worth more.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thnx for the reply and i appreciate u takn the time to help, but i thnk i figured it out my twelve plug loom is to hook into my front end controls so im pretty sure i undrstand now sometimes i ovr thnk thngs to much. but im ordering my turn signals and im wondering with this specific harness do i need a load equalizer????? i hear on some u do, but i got all my relays and breakers, just didnt know if im gna need one when i get my turn signals?????

thanx again
Old 03-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1982 Low Rider 80" Shovel
Not Ranked     
jworm
You only need an equalizer if you are running both incandescent bulbs and LED's.
Lights draw however much amps they need to operate. Voltage is constant.
Incandescent needs lots of amps compared to LED. Your LED's either wont work, will come on and not flash, or you can burn out the circuits.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I used it for my Pingel electric shifter.