Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > Two-Bit Choppers

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 47
Views: 22,712
Eyes
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 12-04-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 2,241
FXR / FLT Rigid builds?
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 12-02-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 3,701
Oil vs fuel vs transmission line?
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 11-30-2019
Replies: 6
Views: 838
"the Flang Beater" 78 xs650
Last Post: KurseD
Posted On: 11-24-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 9,677
More...
Old 02-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1999 1200C
Send a message via AIM to popasickboy
Not Ranked     
When you leaving for FLorida?? Starts right after the 500 ,day after I should say no?????:? With your luck all 3 will go and you got no ride But a shit load of cash to do another build,Did I hear MUTANT CURVES?? The way you sound with that company probably not

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2005, 12:49 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rigid shovelhead
Not Ranked     
I'm not a big fan of the "curves" design. Looks kool but function is what I try to sell. That is why I changed the seat area of the mutant. It kinda puts u in a better driving/control position.

I hope that mc works is in daytona so I can evaluate, 1rst hand, the design of the street fighter frame.

I may be stuck utilizing the RE frame again. It is a fairly simple bike to assemble. If I can get some consistancy I'd use it again.

30 days to construct a bike is not that bad. I'm sure I can get it down at least 7-10 days with pre-fab'd parts - oil tank, seat pan, seat area mods, axle covers, axle, motor mounts - kinda all the things I had problems with or wanted to modify.

Paco
Old 02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Redneck Mutant Buell
Not Ranked     
Hey Paco,

Did you just say function is what you're trying to sell in regards to the Mutant? Dude even my bulldog is laughing, and I'm not even sure how that's possible.
Let's be honest, if you're looking for function leave it a Buell, if you're looking for a kick-ass, bar-hopping rigid then build it into a Mutant. Most people aren't going to ride these bikes more than 100 miles in a session, so why ice skate up hill so hard to make them something they're not.
People don't ride choppers, and more specifically rigids for comfort - if they want a rolling sofa, or their hemroids are acting up, then they need to go get a Road King. They ride them because they're clean as hell, uncomplicated, raw - two wheels, a motor and beyond that as little extra curricular garbage as possible. (Save for Iron's bottle opener! )
I personally can't wait to build up a curves for somebody, as I've seen pictures of Vince on the big twin version and honestly the ergos look pretty good to me. Of course I love the way my little black Mutant rides too though, solid mounted seat, rigid frame and all. Just my $.25 though.

Later,
Justin @ Two-Bit Choppers
Old 02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Buell chop, 07 road king
Not Ranked     
Thanks for that little save there! (Iron cracks a brew- gurgle, gurgle)

DHD eats ass
Old 02-22-2005, 07:04 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rigid shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Oh I should have said "possibilitiy" of riding function. I keep forgetting that some people actually put these together as a "cheaper" means/alternative to some of the other functional bikes. That's why I changed the seat area/position. So someone COULD actually use it as transpo. I had toyed with the idea of mounting my fxrp bags on it to make it even MORE daily rider friendly. That's why I did my rigid shovelhead - I was poor. As for comfort of my shovel - the sprung seat affords all the suspension that my softail did (a little). Now I did put 103,000 miles on it before i went to the flt.

Hey & watch the rolling sofa comments - my FLT rides more like a bac-a-lounge chair - not a sofa!!!

I like the looks of the curves but.... unless your inseam lenght is about 24" it's a MF to swing your legs forward from behind you all the way to the front pegs. Mid controls would serve this style bike a bit better. If you get a chance drive 1 from a stop out into traffic in a mild sweeping right. Then you'll know what I'm talking about. Pick those feet up!!!!!!

I will admitt that the RE bike is more suited for say round town blasting but with the changes made & a will & desire to ride at a reasonable cost 1 could use this as a means of transpo. - If they had to.

As for the comments on "choppers" if you mean the high up & out, ape hanger, overly fat tired 700 lb. billet circus painted bikes I may agree somewhat. I've yet to actually see a guy riding the back two lanes doing a X country on one (all loaded up with gear no less).

Did I mention I'd love to own a TX chopper?? No? Prpbably won't.

PACO
Old 03-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Mutation in progress!!
Not Ranked     
What about a 97' St3 Thunderbolt? Would this be a good donor? I found one locally for $4,200. Probably would come off that some I am sure!!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Not bad,

"Lightning" style engine with the pre-thunderstorm Buell heads and pistons Price seems a little on the high side, but if he'll budge a little then you can probably make a good buy. How many miles on it?

Later,
Justin @ T.B.C.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 98 bourget proget 96" S&S
Not Ranked     
I thought S3T were made '98-'02?
Is it carb or EFI? '98 were carb '99-02 were EFI

Maybe it is a S2?
Buell Ulysses
Small City Cycles Triumph chopper ('66)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1999 1200C
Send a message via AIM to popasickboy
Not Ranked     
is there any reason why you couldnt use a buell donor bike with EFI and convert it to a carb set up???

Old 03-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Mutation in progress!!
Not Ranked     
1997 BUELL Thuderbolt ST3, Vance & Hines Carbon Fiber pipe, CF air filter, Corbin seat. Oil change every 1000mi. Highway miles. I have already had the 7500mi service. Great bike lots of fun. Excellent condition. Priced below KBB. Clear Title.

As it reads. It has 7100 miles on it!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 98 bourget proget 96" S&S
Not Ranked     
I stand corrected. 1997 was the first year for S3's.

see http://www.american-v.co.uk/heritage/timeline/body.htm

86 hp engines with carbs

Sorry
Frank
Buell Ulysses
Small City Cycles Triumph chopper ('66)
Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Popasick,

It's not a problem to convert just a little pricey as you're talking about a carb, cables, manifold, all the breathers and brackets, an ignition module and a new rotor cup.

Other than that piece of cake.

Later,
Justin @ T.B.C.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Buell
Not Ranked     
Any big problems running the DDFI on a Mutant? Other than of course finding a place to mount the electronics and such.....
Old 04-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey X1,

The biggest issue you'll have is trying to find a place to put a fuell pump to pressurize the fuel to the appropriate PSI. The stock Buell pump is sealed in the plastic fuel cell and is meant of course to mounted in a tank. Not a probelm when it's all plastic and can be replaced cheap, but not really a good option when you're talking about a $300-$400 steel tank not counting paint that you'd have to weld it into. There are some in-line automotive pumps you can get your hands on, but they tend to be bulky and a little fugly to boot.
Between these issues and all the extra wiring that has to be run, I steer clear of trying to re-run the EFI. Get out on Ebay, pick up a cheap ignition and take off stock 40mm CV carb. Trust me the headaches aren't worth it, especially since that fuel injection was never great to begin with even unmolested in the stock Buells.

Just my $.25 though,
Justin @ Two-Bit Choppers
Old 04-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Buell
Not Ranked     
Agree there's a lot of shiznit to hide for the DDFI. But the unit on my X1 works pretty damned good now that I've fixed a couple things the previous owner buggered up. As for Buells, I like the looks of the S1 much better than the X1 (which has that 'pregnant guppy' look about it). So I may end up finding an S1, using it as a donor, and transplanting the X1 stuff into the S1. Lot of work I know. But there is no way I could have a rigid as my only bike. And I've always wanted an S1.