Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Title and Registration

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 7
Views: 3,289
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 483
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,777
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 953
Keep killing batteries
Last Post: waxlrose
Posted On: 10-04-2019
Replies: 8
Views: 511
More...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2013 Redneck Lowlife / SPCN
Not Ranked     
Got inspected this week. The inspector was a pretty nice guy. I enjoyed talking with him. As stated already... they are just bogged down with trailers.
I asked permission in advance to place the pad on the left side. They were okay with that. But anyone reading this should also ask in advance.

I made a tool to aid in removal of the powdercoat. Using a 5/16 end mill, I cut a slot in a piece of metal and then bent it to fit the contour of my neck. I taped it in place and went over it with a Dremel tool and x-acto knife All of the stampings fit. The special character at the beginning was a tight squeeze but everything else was about 1/8". Next time, I'd make it a 3/8 wide slot just to make it easier for him.

If anyone wants to use it... I'll mail it to you. Just send me a message.

Now just waiting on plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Illinois Special Construction Tax-img_7477.jpg   Illinois Special Construction Tax-img_8462.jpg   Illinois Special Construction Tax-img_1854.jpg  

Last edited by kxmotox247; 07-18-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hello all. New to this forum. I have two questions. Built my own evo clone with new ultima cases w/mso & S&s cylinders and heads. Will they except the ultima mso. I think the frame is a Tripoli frame (out of business). It has a number stamped in the frame behind the neck (11 serial numbers) and an area that I taped off before paint, on the neck itself. I have a bill of sale from the NY bike shop that I bought the frame from. Will I have any problems with these? Thanks

Last edited by dougtwat; 12-08-2012 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Addition
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The Ultima MSO's should be fine. As far as the frame you may want to call over to Springfield and ask in advance of applying. If I recall correctly the state will accept either a MSO or bill of sale for the engine. Also the trans. But the frame is a different story. I think you have to supply a MSO. Call and see if they will accept a bill of sale for the frame. If you apply for it and they deny it...then the numbers you attempt to use will be locked up in the system.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Illinois special cont. tax

01/14/2013 Just spoke to Debbie in Springfield. Told me I can get it registered with only a bill of sale on the frame, but need to get it bonded by a DLM#'ed motorcycledealer in ILL.. Also need it appraised and need a 3 year tittle bond. Fee is 1.5 x the appraised amount.
That means one trip to a dealer than must wait for 2nd trip for inspection.
They are currently 1.5 months backed up.
Debbie was great to talk to.

Doug
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 250 softtail, 6" over, 120" Ultima
Not Ranked     
1.5 times the appraised amount of the Frame? or the competed motorcycle. You'll get that $$ back in 3 years, as long as nobody decides to dispute your ownership and claim it.

After i got mine inspected and stamped, I masked off the whole bike and painted the area i stripped down. then again, i was a part of the paint job, so I had access to the paint and clear. It's not perfect, but you can easily read the numbers and it's less noticable than bare metal. Plus it's sealed from moisture and not rusting.

Also, after the inspection i put on my Vertical Plate mount that I reworkd to fit my bike. I have not had a problem with it. Heck, i have had mutliple police officers stop and check the bike out. All they ever ask is what kind is it, and it's badass. Then i get to smile and then i tell them I DID IT. kickass feeling. Never once have then menitoned the illegal plate mount.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I was not very clear. To get the 3yr bond i need to call my insurance company and insure the bike at 1.5 times the appraisal amount. With the insurance the state will get the registration going.
Hope it goes as well as yours did.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Has anyone ever had to go this before? I mean get a 3 year tittle bond.
Does anyone know what or who has a DLM #?

I am hoping that I do not have to wait until the state package arrives to find all this out.

Thanks Doug.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Make sure with the appraisal you get "wholesale" value and only pay taxes on that figure. That is all that is required for the streetrod program. We spent an extra $1200 in taxes not knowing that. We later learned that wholesale value is what the state requires.
Not sure what a DLM is...
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Application Form title form in Illinois

Hi new to the forum. I just finished building my custom bike and have recieved my paper work from the secretary of state. I understand everything except the application form. It ask for year, make, model, body style, vin. Was hoping someone could help me with what i should put down in these areas of the form or if i just leave them blank. i have MSO's for the frame, motor and trans along with a bill of sale from the person i purchassed it from. I purchased this bike from a person that started the build and was unable to finish it. Basiclly had everything to build the bike except sheet metal. i was able to finish the mock up and sheet metal work paint and wiring is 6 weeks and i ready to ride it. I plan on driving the paper work to the secrtary of state Wed. and need to dot all my I's and cross all my T's. Any insite would be fantasic and much appricated. I could not find any thread newer than this one on the site some hoping someone will responded. Thanks in advance! I tried uploading
Sponsored Links