Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Title and Registration

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Posted On: Today
Replies: 23
Views: 307
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,375
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 569
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,885
Project Blast!
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 1,018
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: St. John's, NL
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Kawasaki KZ-650
Posts: 47
Not Ranked     

I plan to start building a bike soon. When I get it built, can i get it registered so I can drive it? Is there anyone from Canada here who knows what the regulations are?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Angelis's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, CAN, ON
Bike Year, Make, Engine: bobber VL800, KZ900 chop
Posts: 630
Not Ranked     
It differs from state to state, and province to province.
Best thing would be to go down to your DMV and ask about it.

In Ontario, the frame, motor and tranny need an MSO#. If you don't have one on the frame but it was welded by a certified welder and you have the MSO#s for the engine and tranny; they'll give you one for the frame. After you have all three of those; take them to the DMV and they'll give you a VIN#. Then get it safetied(check your local laws for what you have to have; put on some pussy pipes so it doesn't have excessive noise right then too - swap them later), go back to the DMV and they'll register it as a special construction.
Then have fun getting insurance.
As I flip through my J&P catalogue, I ask myself; what kind of billet wheels define me as a person?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.

vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the
Links monetized by VigLink