Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Title and Registration

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 20
Views: 460
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,757
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 936
Keep killing batteries
Last Post: waxlrose
Posted On: 10-04-2019
Replies: 8
Views: 503
Battery in cfl battery box
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 10-03-2019
Replies: 11
Views: 605
More...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
nebraska title info

here is a link for titling a motorcycle custom build in nebraska...
Nebraska Official Department of Motor Vehicles | DMV
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I posted a full description for what is required in North Carolina and the process for getting titled and a license plate. Can be found here:

Getting your Bike Titled in North Carolina
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 - 107 ci Switchblade Softail Custom
Not Ranked     
ALABAMA Registration Process was pretty easy:

http://www.kitcarinfo.com/misc/INV26-3.pdf

Had to fill out above form INV 26-3 to apply for an assigned VIN and include the below:
1. Original MSO's for Engine, Tranny and Frame
2. Notorized Affidavid stating why you are applying for a VIN & what you did to assemble it (I didnt have mine notarized but they still accepted it)
3. Copy of Bill of Sale used to assemble (receipts)
4. $15 Certified Funds
I took my applications to my local Revenue Dept (Motor Vehicles Dept) and they notarized my form for free. Which needs to be done too.
Mailed all to the address on form.

Then a State Patrol Officer called me about a week later to scheduled an appointment to come look at the bike and verify serial #'s. He came and verified the numbers and really didnt check anything else. Im sure he was looking it over but didnt comment. Didnt have to start it or work my lights. I did sign a bunch of paperwork . Then he attached a VIN Plate with rivets on the downtube and gave me a signed form to take to the Dept of Revenue.

That same morning I went to the Dept of Revenue (DMV) to get my plate and tag I gave them the form I was given by the Officer and had to show my build receipts so they could charge me the tax. After I paid I got my license plate and registration. That was it. I also have the Ultima Engine that is not EPA certified and they said nothing about it. Nice feeling that I am all done

Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005-2012 Exile Cycle
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamio96 View Post
I'm giving it a shot and will keep everyone posted on how it works out. If it ends up being a waste of my money, well it will stop some one else on here from the same mistake. I just don't have the time to jump through all the bureaucratic red tape and hoops to do it myself.....
I gave up on the third party option. Wasn't comfortable sending all of my original paperwork to a PO box address in the northeast.

I did just complete the inspection/titling/registration process today in Florida. Aside from the amount of time it took, over an hour and a half, it was painless. My bike DOES NOT have turn signals, mirrors, horn, or even a license plate bracket on it currently. Passed with no issues and plate, title and registration are now in hand! It's a great feeling as i started this build in 2005 and two states ago.....
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2013, Custom, 131 FB
Not Ranked     
Nothing on the Missouri site.

But the Highway patrole inspector told me that there are no laws in this state in regards to Ape hanger hights, turn signals, horn, mirrors and even front brake are up to the Manufacturer. So that would be me. Don't want any of it, well other than the front brake.
No regs about exhaust if you live in the county...............lucky me.

MSO for Transmission, Frame and Engine is required at inspection.
Call your Division HQ HWY Patrole and make an appointment. They told me there is no given day of the week or month. Apparently you call and they tell you to come over and get the bike checked out. Pay right then and there to get your VIN.

Lets hope it's all true. I will hopefully have more info on MO in a month or two.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Anyone got "special construction info" for MASSACHSETTS?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1955 & 58 Pans
Not Ranked     
Any California paperwork knowledge here: This seller has an old Panhead has been registered in California by the DMV issuing frame numbers but he has no paperwork other than a bill of sale. Can anyone tell me the difficulties it would be to obtain this paperwork before I buy.
Thank in advance....
Old 06-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: to be determined
Not Ranked     
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryAndersen View Post
Nothing on the Missouri site.

But the Highway patrole inspector told me that there are no laws in this state in regards to Ape hanger hights, turn signals, horn, mirrors and even front brake are up to the Manufacturer. So that would be me. Don't want any of it, well other than the front brake.
No regs about exhaust if you live in the county...............lucky me.

MSO for Transmission, Frame and Engine is required at inspection.
Call your Division HQ HWY Patrole and make an appointment. They told me there is no given day of the week or month. Apparently you call and they tell you to come over and get the bike checked out. Pay right then and there to get your VIN.

Lets hope it's all true. I will hopefully have more info on MO in a month or two.

I am in the middle of it right now. Receipts and MSO's for all major parts. Handlebars seat, frame, frontend etc...
I had to deal with Troop C, in St. Louis who are notoriously pricks. That has changed. I called to double check on a few things and they were nice as hell. Made the appt for the Vin number inspection. You have to get a form 551 (I think) and pay for it at the dmv. You go to the inspection site and they check receipts and MSO's. If its all good, they sign off and you send all the paperwork to the revenue dept. I bought the engine off a friend so they suggested getting the bill of sale notorized before sending it to the state. Fill out the title application and send them $11. They sent me a letter that I owed some sales tax. They send a vin plate to the HP inspection station and you have to go back for them to put it on. they recheck numbers then also.
For license you have to get a safety inspection done. For MO you have to have Headlight, tail light, brake light if there has to work, and a horn. You need one mirror although most inspectors don't know that. I am running rear brake only, no fenders. Mo has no handlebar height restrictions. It is put together with the bare min. I will be adding to it as money will let me.
Gieco just needs the VIN to be official and they will insure. No inspection need for that
Old 07-02-2015, 04:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here's a link for Oregon's shit Oregon DMV Assembled Vehicles
If anyone needs it
Sponsored Links