Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > South Side Kustoms

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
picture attach question
Last Post: jortegaa3289
Posted On: Today
Replies: 6
Views: 1,796
Door replacement
Last Post: kortny_or
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 16
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 12-04-2021
Replies: 75
Views: 23,590
Ironhorse slammer 2005 rsd 280 open belt
Last Post: ZIKY
Replies: 0
Views: 41
Congrats to Mitch Bergeron
Last Post: jortegaa3289
Replies: 12
Views: 3,612
More...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Not Ranked     
A Christmas Wish / Letter to All!

Well, it is that time of year where I sit down and write a letter to all of South Side Kustoms friends / family and supporters.

First, I just want to say Thank You to all of you who have spent your hard earned dime with us this year and supported South Side Kustoms thru business and/or your friendship. Your hard earned dimes, as well as your friendship and support, spent with SSK means more to me than anyone of you may know or understand. SSK is a small business and when you spend your money with my business, it helps to feed my family and pay my bills. This is how I make my living. I greatly appreciate this, as it gives my children, my little family a future.

I sat here this year staring at the screen for a moment wondering what I may say or write, especially in this bleak economic time, that we ALL are facing.
What do I say, what do I write to put a smile on everyone's face or help them to feel the Christmas spirit?

Well here it is - Happy Christmas!

As some, of you may know, I - my wife and children try our hardest to give back to this community. We send tshirts over to troops afar, we do our annual Christmas Party for Toys for Tots, we donate food, money no matter how great or small. Every year I try to help out, Pastor Eric. He runs a christian church called the Buffalo Dream Center, this man does great things and those of you from Buffalo probably have seen him on the news. Yes this is the guy who sleeps on the street every Thanksgiving WEEK, to raise awareness about the homeless and his Boxes of Love campaign, instead of spending it with his family.

Well this year, with things as tight and tuff as they are financially, all I could offer was to donate my time to deliver his "Boxes of Love". For those of you who don't know "Boxes of Love" is Christmas campaign Pastor Eric and his church congregation do to help the needy of our city. This equals a holiday turkey/a present for each child in the house and a overflowing bag of groceries.

So I go and I load up with all the deliveries and I start out. I make the deliveries and it warms my heart to see how happy these people are to receive these Boxes of Love. This may be all they are getting for Christmas - This may be all each child gets is ONE PRESENT. I look around some of these places that I deliver to, and alot of these "homes" have NOTHING. No furniture - NO CHRISTMAS TREE, NO MANGER. Not much of what you or myslef may be used to. I know for a fact not what my children are used to, because I believe firmly in giving children a Christmas, I always over spend, didn't pay a couple, ok more than a couple of bills this Christmas so that my Children would have gifts under the tree. And here as I delivered these "Boxes of Love" to these families and homes, who barely had anything, how happy they were to receive these packages, how appreciative they were. I know plenty of us get lost in the everyday problems or bleak out look our businesses or families face. Here were these who had a whole lot less than the rest of us but were happy.

This one little girl sticks in my mind and brings tears to my eyes. I enter the apartment with the "BOXES OF LOVE" I had to deliver and the little girl started to jump for joy when she saw the 3 presents for her and her 2 other siblings. She was so excited over this ONE present, probably all she is getting this Christmas, she was dancing around, her beads that were beaded into hair bouncing every where making a joyful noise in it's self.
As I walked out the door she kept yelling to me HAPPY CHRISTMAS HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Even after my last delivery, and my car breaks down as I blew an outer tierod, and most people would have gotten upset. All I could think of was that little girl and her smiling face yelling Happy Christmas to me. It made me understand, that no matter how bleak business looks or the future in this tuff economy looks. All that matter is that ONE THING that each one of us may hold dear to us. CHRISTMAS. Everything after that will take care of itself. Because no matter how much things may suck in our own lives, or troubles or impending doom we may have, it can always be worse. We all have to find that one thing we can be joyous about this Christmas. Whether it be that loved one in our lives, our children, a roof over our heads, food in the fridge or hey maybe that certain SOMEONE who was born, that gives us the whole Christmas thing to begin with.
I say to each and every one of you HAPPY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Jason McCudden
SSK
1-800-675-3191
southsidekustoms@verizon.net
www.south-side-kustoms.com
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Rigid
Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Not Ranked     
Well said Jason!

I work in health care IT, and my team had the opportunity to help 3 families who have been left with nothing after long-fought battles with cancer. I enlisted the help of everyone in my building, and we were able to get them everything on their lists, plus gift cards for groceries.

One of the children died before we could get the gifts to her and her family, but part of her wish is that her brothers and sisters could have a Christmas because for the last few years her cancer treatment had taken all of their money, and their time spent in the hospital. You are lucky to have seen the benefactor of your giving effort - we donate everything to a case worker who then brings it to the families - but I can imagine the joy on their faces, and I know that it is a worthwhile effort.

Thanks for sharing your story - you are a stand-up guy, and your generosity will come back to you - we reap what we sow.

Happy Christmas to all - this is a great place filled with great people, and having been here for 4+ years, I know this.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
Great Story Jason we all need to slow down a little and be thankful for what we have and spread a little cheer to the no so fortunate. I think thats more of what Christmas is all about. Now if we can all remember the no so fortunate all year round we would have something.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
Well said.. and Happy CHRISTmas right back to you Jason...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm crewed mutha fucka
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '93 FXSTC, 250 Custom Hardtail
Not Ranked     
God bless you Jason!

Thanks for sharing your story. All too often we become caught up in our own lives and we simply loose site of how well we have it compared to others around us. I hope your story helps us all to be thankful for what we have and inspires us to give a little more to those in need.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Tearing shit up since 1968!

R.I.P. Michael "MW521" Wilson

Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1340 chopper in the works
Not Ranked     
Merry Christmas, everybody!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 97 FXDWG, EVO
Not Ranked     
I needed to hear that today...I haven't even looked up from work in the last year.....

Thank you...
Super-Rat
Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 WestonChoppers Vader360 -Ultima 127
Send a message via MSN to keitheturner
Not Ranked     
Merry Chrismas to all of you.
Man that story made me get kind of weepy.
It really struck home with me and reminds me of years past when I would answer letters to Santa Claus that I got from the Post Office.
I haven't done that for a while but next year I'll make a point of it and in the mean time, I'm going to go buy some things and make someones Christmas very special this year.
We have so much to be thankful for. So much that we take for granted.
Like eating what we want when we want it and having a heated home, too many clothes and cars and stupid choppers and a bunch of other neccessities, luxuries and choices that many folks can only dream of and some can't even dream of them.
God Bless you all and thanks for the reminder.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 08 BBC Sled Pro Street, Ducati Monster
Not Ranked     
Happy Christmas back to you also, Jason. I agree that the story is heartwarming and I thank you for it. I also gave to an addiction recovery program this season and will never meet those who get the help but you are fortunate to meet them....and kind of unfortunate because you actually see the people who are living with nothing. Thanks for reminding us how great we have it and how blesses most of us really are.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Merry Christmas to all! To the one(s) who keep this site going, to the ones who post, to the ones who upload pics, and specialy to the ones who provide excellent advise, and to Jason, who I could learn a lot from about the true meaning of Christmas.

Merry Christams.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Nasty Boy "BluePrint" TP 121" Baker 6
Not Ranked     
Happy Holidays, everyone - times aren't the best, but we still have our bikes!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Some kind of big ass V2, Alcohaulin' Ass
Send a message via ICQ to Mr Scary
Not Ranked     
Awesome post Jason.

All the best Holiday wishes to you and your family.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: custom chopper 124
Send a message via AIM to bluefin907
Not Ranked     
Merry Christmas to all. I've got a lot to be gratefull for also, and appreciate the reminder.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2008 124" S&S Pro Street, 2010 Road King
Not Ranked     
Ho Ho Ho...!!

For the last three years, my great gal and I have been bringing disadvantaged children into our home for Christmas. No regrets, it all comes back in spades...

Fröhliches Weihnachten
Merry Christmas from Germany

Kevin & Tula