Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 216
Owner's manual
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 10-16-2020
Replies: 6
Views: 248
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: MAKO6
Posted On: 10-14-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 129
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-13-2020
Replies: 19
Views: 544
mine
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2020
Replies: 2
Views: 76
More...
Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80" bobbed prostreet,'06 RdKng.
Not Ranked     
Pondering a new front end

Got hit (rear ended) a few weeks ago.Gotta pull the front end off -think the neck bearings got "racked" when the bike and me slammed to the pavement.Been checking out 41mm Hawg Halters online,and checked out an Ultima 41mm. at a local shop.I currently have a DNA w/Ultima 5 deg. trees.Not really pleased w/the crome on the Ultima trees (bottom of top tree pitting and peeling).But overall,an Ultima presents a decent value (I guess).However,the HHI looks great,and if their brakes are any indication of the quality I could expect,it might just be worth the 500-800$ difference (?).Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
you're apt to get better chrome if its done outside the US, platers here can't use the same chemicals as in the old days but offshore platers can.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Well,I've not had any "durable" chrome so far from DNA or Ultima.But chrome is'nt all that's important on my decision-as the new (then) DNA I put on 4 years ago started peeling on the upper tree before I even finished building the bike,then the left fork seal leaked at 1000 miles.I'm after a front end that I can put on and forget.Kind of down between an Ultima or HHI.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
A lot of ppl are missing the boat in their thinking here. I like to stick with HD parts as much as possible, why? you can't beat a hundred years of engineering. A good set of early wide glide tree's and shaved re-chromed lower legs look good and will outlast your life and will cost you less than these aftermarket pieces of junk.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You are correct.........However,I need 5 deg trees.Shaved legs look nice but I run a fender up front.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
PM me I can save you a few bix on the HHI. Another option would be just use HHI trees on your DNA fork assys. The HHI stuff is a step above both DNA and Ultima they are nice front ends
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Seems HHI don't need/want buisiness(?)...tony chrome customs never called me back,local shop called me today and said HHI never called them back-and they're both a dealer.My tubes and sliders are trashed.Had to take a pipe wrench to turn the tubes out of the trees.I'm just gonna replace the whole thing.My criteria is stock length,84-99 left side caliper bracket,5 deg. trees,all chrome.Thats what I've run the last 3 years and the frame is level.Rides really nice on highway.I have however considered going 2 under tubes w/zero rake trees,but that might make me too low in the front-but maybe not(?)..I have no leg stretch w/38 deg.neck..Guess I can hunt ebay and such and come up w/trees and tubes/sliders separately.Ultima offers KIND OF what I'm after too,but they never called my local shop back either.John,if things don't pan out,I'll be getting in touch w/you.I've heard NOTHING BUT good about you-you responding to this post and offering assistance tells me you give a shit.Thanks man.