Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
I dont have a fancy name, 2014 140 CFL build
Last Post: RenegadeCFL
Posted On: Today
Replies: 12
Views: 331
Tire groth at speed and rubbed fender.
Last Post: bugman53
Replies: 0
Views: 1
Show Us Your WCC
Last Post: 1badHD
Replies: 919
Views: 384,293
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: DIABOLUS
Replies: 289
Views: 27,879
New Helmet Cam
Last Post: SKT
Replies: 81
Views: 8,300
More...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2011, custom, ultima 127
Not Ranked     
Ultima 127ci and ultima 6 speed

Hey guys kinda new to the building motorcycles so i have a few questions. I just bought the new ultima 127ci motor the ultima 6 speed tranny and the 3.35 ultima drag style belt drive. can you guys tell me the pros and con's to this set up or anything i need to know! thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80" bobbed prostreet,'06 RdKng.
Not Ranked     
Need a good quality frame and rear driveline,1" (2000-up) rear wheel/axle,and especially good brakes.This big of a power planet is a whole different ball game,and requires top shelf components that will hold up.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yeah the pic in my profile is the setup or what you can see im running ultima's new king spoke front and rear wheel 250 rear 21 front. now the only thing from what i hear i might have issues with is im runing a belt to the rear tire i have heard i need to switch to a chain i forgot to mention i have a nos setup im putting on this bike prolly for looks for the most part but maybe fill the tank after motor warantee runs out. the fram is a hardtail fram from Straight up choppers down in flordia
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Santee Rigid, 120ci Ultima El Bruto
Not Ranked     
Just understand that this thing is going to rattle anything and everything loose on your bike.

I have the exact same setup of all 3 parts, except my motor is the 120ci... I go through bulbs like crazy, so replace those with LED's. All sorts of bolts, nuts, and other shit have been rattled loose, so loctite the shit out of everything and check them continously if you don't want to be stranded on the side of the road.

As well, you MUST MUST MUST break this motor in correctly to standard specs (Don't go getting it dynoed the first couple months of it's life). If you don't break this motor in correctly, you'll end up with leaky heads and a lower life on the motor. Just to set your expectations in the right realm, this motor is going to last you around 30k miles and then you'll need to do some work on it and quite possibly rebuild the thing.

All that said... there is nothing like have 125+ hp right under your nuts and gassing the throttle... makes you feel like a real man. My 120ci was dynoed to 125 hp, so yours should be a bit above that. Also, I have a higher compression on my motor... It will run with 91 octane gas, but it does sputter now and then. When I run 101 octone, it drinks that shit like koolaid and runs like a kid who just dranke a whole piture of it.

Hope this helps... let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Santee Rigid, 120ci Ultima El Bruto
Not Ranked     
Also... I just read you're running a belt secondary drive... You need to change that immediately to chain... Just my opinion though...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
+1 on chain
Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey guys thanks for the info yeah i have acess to all parts wholesale so changes arent a real big issue so i better go ahead and change over to a chain.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to purpleride
Not Ranked     
im running the same set up I havent had any luck with the clutch and clutch basket 3,000 miles and worn out yea i ride it hard but the metal is way to soft it should hold up better than that i would think getting ready to put a hitech on and hope i have better luck with that
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper-rider69 View Post
Hey guys kinda new to the building motorcycles so i have a few questions. I just bought the new ultima 127ci motor the ultima 6 speed tranny and the 3.35 ultima drag style belt drive. can you guys tell me the pros and con's to this set up or anything i need to know! thanks
No dis-respect intended but your kinda puttin the cart before the horse aren't ya? I mean.....ya already got the driveline so any bad stuff is moot

use a well made frame....watch the bearings in the Ultima tranny (I know guys who have had problems with em) like the other guys said...use a chain and have fun
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2012 "overbudget", w/ a 127ci, 6speed
Not Ranked     
I also have this same set up and realizing that I too have to switch to a chain drive. I believe the best option for me is to "keep it simple" considering I am just a modest gear head. I did not spend the $ on a belt but I did buy a pulley brake combo, (spokster) that I will have to try and get ride of before I switch over to chain. Besides that, I have everything and ready to finish!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 131 C.I. S&S Custom Engine
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper-rider69 View Post
Welcome to the motorcycle building/chopper/Pro-Street World.I hope ALL of your endeavors & undertakings pan out ,become fruitfull and provide you with many miles of smiles .
I wont comment on the experience(s) needed-nor the will ,willpower,expertise(minus the beginners luck or snags that might-or WILL Occur) or quest for knowledge that you want because you have Heart & an Interest in a field that is very *cool* and I applaud you for taking the plunge .
DONT be dissuaded (disencouraged or drawn off track) by the differing opinions here because there are MANY people here to Help,Guide , Advise and generally lend a hand to help you out.
But that same type of *HELP* here and elsewhere Is sometimes & often misguided and one sided(and much of the time well meant and Sincere)....so READ,DIGEST,LEARN,email people , ask ALOT of Questions here , and hopefully you will gain enough knowledge to assist you , guide You and direct YOU to the proper sources of information from others based on Real world Technical knowhow,USER Experience(though somehow debated as to TRUTH)-how and that equates to what YOU Need to know,digest,learn about and help you.

I wish you the BEST in all your endeavors and undertakings as far as your bike build and helpful info here to guide you thru those dire straits and scenarios.\
MANY Here will help you,Advise you and Guide You.Ask Away....just digest,read and learn from it all.
Vince
VS Customs LLC
Huntington CT 06484
Old 11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgisonno View Post
Just understand that this thing is going to rattle anything and everything loose on your bike.

I have the exact same setup of all 3 parts, except my motor is the 120ci... .
The 120 is the square engine so its a lot smoother, or should be then the 127" I'd take all this advice and hold on

and +10 on the chain
Old 11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince81World View Post
Welcome to the motorcycle building/chopper/Pro-Street World.I hope ALL of your endeavors & undertakings pan out ,become fruitfull and provide you with many miles of smiles .
I wont comment on the experience(s) needed-nor the will ,willpower,expertise(minus the beginners luck or snags that might-or WILL Occur) or quest for knowledge that you want because you have Heart & an Interest in a field that is very *cool* and I applaud you for taking the plunge .
DONT be dissuaded (disencouraged or drawn off track) by the differing opinions here because there are MANY people here to Help,Guide , Advise and generally lend a hand to help you out.
But that same type of *HELP* here and elsewhere Is sometimes & often misguided and one sided(and much of the time well meant and Sincere)....so READ,DIGEST,LEARN,email people , ask ALOT of Questions here , and hopefully you will gain enough knowledge to assist you , guide You and direct YOU to the proper sources of information from others based on Real world Technical knowhow,USER Experience(though somehow debated as to TRUTH)-how and that equates to what YOU Need to know,digest,learn about and help you.

I wish you the BEST in all your endeavors and undertakings as far as your bike build and helpful info here to guide you thru those dire straits and scenarios.\
MANY Here will help you,Advise you and Guide You.Ask Away....just digest,read and learn from it all.
Vince
VS Customs LLC
Huntington CT 06484
vince.. very nice well wishing. nice surpize!
don't be afraid to ask question and do your home work. the net has alot to offer
do with a quility chain
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
127 Ultima

I have a 127 and have beating the hell out of it for three years without any problems. I have raised the CR to 12.1, .700 lift cam, bored and T-jetted S&S G, ported heads etc... Also using 2" Cycle Shacks w/o baffles--yes it is loud as hell when you get on it. As mentioned above be sure to use a high grade chain--forget the belt. There is absolutely nothing like this combo and is an absolute blast to ride. Good luck and DO NOT underestimate this engine!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 78 shovel softail chopper
Not Ranked     
Belt drive

I have a buddy who has the same set up he's thinking about running a smaller belt drive w/o the outer bearing support. I have built a few myself but never anything this big. thoughts??????????? tnx fellas
Sponsored Links