Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,805
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 157
12" Ape Hangers on 2001 Road King
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 08-10-2019
Views: 156
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-09-2019
Replies: 24
Views: 5,422
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 08-08-2019
Views: 175
More...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
03 ironhorse tx chp hyd clutch issues

advice or right direction hydrolic clutch seems let out at a low throtle hear whine like slippage but once engaged seems fine till sixth gear hear little noise change is there an ajust on hydro clutch or no i have heard that if you over fill resavoir that it dosnt release all the way becouse it works opposite than a brake mstr cylinder have to have a place for fluid to return still need to know if there is an ajustment under inspection cover or no ajust just bleed plenty of power in sixth doesnt feel like slippage just on take off and not real noticable but i just bought it and want it to be right
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Probably not the clutch but rather the bearing in the motor plate (inner primary). The bearing that is on the transmission output shaft.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
ok Rocky d i do appreciate you post ill get it checked it just seems you would hear that all the time correct and is there an ajustment on hydrolic clutch thanks again
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
There is an adjustment to the hydraulic type clutch but it is at the other end called the, 'clutch pack' thickness, basically.

The closer you release the clutch from the grip, the thicker the pack.
The farther out the release of the clutch lever at the grip, the more worn the pack has shrunk or say you burned the back plates first.

See, upon collapse, the first to grab are the accordion plates [farthest from the pressure plates] that are folding down on each other. That chatter or noise could be clutch break or clutch chatter. Kind of breaking lose on each pulse of the engine. But it happens so fast, you sort of hear that cha-cha-chatter kind of bucking, right?

Like you said, if it was a bearing, it might roll noise in the constant; if it was loaded in said direction say. One way however, is when you can swerve to one side with the car, hear a wheel bearing noise under one load, but quiet if you snap the wheel the other way, the noise goes away.

Without that pack distance known, hot rod the bike like speed shift and see if the engine spins up and you go no place. It's a worn clutch pack is another guess we thought out the bearing.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:35 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
^^^^ I'll agree with the latter comment...sounds like an "out of adjustment" clutch pack.

Unless she's got thousands & thousands of miles I'd check your adjusatment. Then again maybe some scooby owned the bike and didn't understand the concept of how to use a clutch and burnt the fucker up.......
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
There is no adjustment in the scope of a hydraulic clutch assembly.

A hydraulic clutch is self adjusting.

Mess with it and you may cause more problems that you want!

Sponsored Links