Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
battery
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 96
Road King wheel option...
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 6
Views: 198
I dont have a fancy name, 2014 140 CFL build
Last Post: jgs348
Replies: 24
Views: 1,407
Finished Product
Last Post: caymanchris
Replies: 4
Views: 83
Old and Fat
Last Post: DeathBySnuSnu
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 34
Views: 2,449
More...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Missing Custom build, AIH replacement
Not Ranked     
1987 FLHTP info?

Dont no much about this bike, but going to look at 1 that has been sitting in friends garage for past 3 yrs, what's a decent price on these bikes, whats the TP stand for? I no it's a Police edition. any info aprrec. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
FLHTP = Funny Looking Harley Touring Package. I'm not sure about any of the letters. No help here.

Say, how much for the bike? I don't know, how about fill in the blank. Well, I might be thinking more in the line of me using my compression tester on your bike? Sure, why not.

OK, so I have 100 pee yes I am reading that correctly and oh what do we have here is 110psi said hold on a second. Yes, my KBB page reads this bike needs a rebuild no matter the price of the bike. That means I am out of pocket and you want top dollar KBB retail sell me a fixer UP YOURS!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
flh=bagger. It should be a solid bike other than the clutch hub was a little weak in that year but its ok as long as you don't hammer them all the time. I would say around $6500 if its in good running condition but I noticed the prices are starting to climb. As with older HD's they hit a year when the price starts rising.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: ~cfl~ ss113/brute5/jims6/weld5-2
Not Ranked     
-p= police/cop bike

-alot of time idle running and city=short 'pull overs', speed traps
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Flhtp

Thanks for the info so far, Im gonna go check it out after I get out of work at 6! Not sure what to expect. I dont want to rip the guy off, but I do wanna feel like Im getting a good deal. Long story short, my friend has had this bike along with 4 others in his garage for the past 3 yrs, that he was doing as a favor for his step son, because they belong to the kids dad, that is no longer able to ride. I'll let you no what I find tomorrow. later
Old 12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
bike

Well I can tell you it definetly wasn't worth the $7500 the owner wanted. Bike was in ruff shape, sitting for 3 yrs, chrome was all pitted, leaking fluid, tires bald & flat, not to sure about the engine since the battery was dead. Wouldn't be a bad project to fix up, but the price would have to be right. I couldnt see paying more then $3000 for the bike. Just for a base to go off of, KBB stated the value in good running condition at around $5600 & trade in value around $3500. My buddy wanted to no if I wanted to talk with the owner, but I didnt want to argue or disrespect the old timer's value he had in his mind for his bikes. Just told them if its still sitting there in the summer & no interest yet give me a call.

By the way did I mention that there was a 1950 panhead also sitting in the corner Looked to still be all original from what my limited knowledge could tell. this one was not for sale however
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You're not gonna find a FL for $3500 unless you get a horseshoe stuck up your ass and forget the pan until the old guy dies
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
87? That's a block head, right? Single cam shovel engine family carry over. You kind of see the pattern, they R&D bottoms to tops as the engine family pops from the top or collects gears to Pan out (pun) or shovel ready to EV00 = Parts bike.

Bin bikes. You want evo, you collect old man bike without battery and if it is sitting rusty, so are the insides = Condensation. So, what is expose out in the air, not part of the gears in oil having some salvage to it. The surface outside is damage inside.

That is why you need a part of the bin bike, your runner is in need of a parts repair. Now you are E-V-OO like mix and match the best of the best makes 1 better bike than bin loud'inn you be screaming how much you sunk into that pile of she it skis old man, sit on the fucker and let it hatch eggs!

<< No, buttits goodshit ms IS Crusty.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Flh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
You're not gonna find a FL for $3500 unless you get a horseshoe stuck up your ass and forget the pan until the old guy dies
Well not sure then what a shitty looking 87 FLH with 53000 miles would be worth then? Cause I no I wouldnt pay over $3500 for it, horseshoe or no horseshoe stuck in my ass!! Ya I didnt have to much hope for then pan, besides not so sure I would no what to do with it?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sometimes you just gotta walk away because ppl sellin HD's can be weird Hell I've been thrown out of garages for just trying to dicker over a few dollars.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: ~cfl~ ss113/brute5/jims6/weld5-2
Not Ranked     
-there was a '07 softail standard here in CC classifieds w/300 miles

-think it was 10,5 k [yesterday]

-i dont think youll find an evo cop bike for 3,5 k...wed all buy them for that ...fun as hell
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Various years of replacement parts.
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
Sometimes you just gotta walk away because ppl sellin HD's can be weird Hell I've been thrown out of garages for just trying to dicker over a few dollars.
That aint no shit neither, I was once told by a guy he would not sell me his bike cause I told him all the extra's he put on were gettting stripped off and put on ebay.

If you dont feel comfortable with paying that much than don't do it.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Flh

Ya not really gonna persue it anymore, think its a dead issue. They have my number & if its still sitting after another Midwest winter, it's going to be in ruffer shape then it is now. Cant see why a few though $3500 was crazy, $5400 was top value in good running condition & this wasnt in good running condition. But thanks all for there input & reading this thread. Later
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
When it comes to HD's you can't go by "book value" you gotta go by "this is what I want and if you don't like it get the fuck out"
Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 shovel CFL, 54 Pan, Z06
Not Ranked     
red aint it the truth, here is a wierd one when I bought my pan, we went up into the colorado mountains. the ol gray beard, says he 's had it forever but no more leg so cant kick her over. him and his wife standing there. he looks to me and says. kick er over . I asks him , " whats the sequence" he smiles looks to his wife. tells me. I do so, and give her the start kick boom she fires up. the guy looks to wife says , "the guy can start a kick only bike" she smiles nods her head and he turns to me and wifie and says " ok, I'll sell it to ya"

yup wierd stuff some times. he said there were 4 others that had come before me and they couldnt start it so he didnt sell it to em. like you said wierd