Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
This is where it begins -- New Build
Last Post: Old Guy
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 21
Got myself another old timer
Last Post: caymanchris
Replies: 8
Views: 134
AMA Announces Vote Like a Motorcyclist / ATV Rider Campaign
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 0
Views: 14
New build. CFL Style 6up
Last Post: caymanchris
Replies: 43
Views: 2,351
More...
Old 08-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom build (Yaffe) TP 113
Not Ranked     
The 3 springers info?

Ok, I know Paucho is the choice for the money on a springer. But after researching budget springers Im more confused than before. A couple sites claim that their "Hardbody" springer is NOT a DNA. Some sites that carry Hardbody even say that they no longer carry DNA due to quality, but still sell hardbody. They look identical to me. Then to add more confusion JP cycles carries Milwaukee Twins springer..once again its looks just like a DNA, however when you read the detail section on the M-Twins, it has a Paucho logo beneath the picture.
Is Milwaukee springers really made by Paucho? Is Hardbody really a DNA? Is Obama really a U.S. citizen? dont answer the last one!..it was a joke!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Moderator Supreme Deluxe
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: moped, it's a moped
Not Ranked     
I don't know who makes what, but I can help clear some confusion.

I had some conversations with Paughco about a month ago about a used springer I picked up for my bobber. They told me DNa had copied the design of their front legs making it difficult for people to tell the difference.

It is possible that Paughco makes the Hardbody brand you referred to but the sure bet is to call Paughco and ask. They might not admit to it, but it's worth a try.

As far as the other brands that look like DNA, I don't know that DNA makes their own stuff. They most likely have an OEM agreement with whatever overseas factory turns them out. I'm sure other companies sell the same exact product under different brand names.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
i think hardbodys is made for mid usa. they make a lot of stuff in there catalog probably off shore crap. dna is of shore crap as well . i have seen broken dna springers before, but lot of guys use them .. for me i go with paughco springer is a proven it's self over the years . what kind of money is a paughco worth? also there is a few small shops that will hand build one to your bike spec's fairly reasonable

Last edited by pop 28; 08-29-2010 at 03:31 AM..
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I really wanted to get a black springer, thats why I was looking closely at the Mid-Usa hardbody or the Mil-twins. I have about a grand to use and those were in my budget. However, with my gold club JP cycles discount, I can get a Paucho for close to that (axle is additional) I think I will forget the black and just get the chrome. I know Paucho offers dirctly in black, but I bet it would be expensive.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
doesn't hurt to call and find out.. also i would go for the black set up. don't settle for second choices. you will kick yourself in the ass later
Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
my price for a chome paughco is in $1400 and up pending on the lenght.
check out www.acmechoppers.net very nice well built springer pending on the lenght $1400 in black. it might be worth saving for few more weeks.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Do they ever sell anything in raw?

I would call but I'm deployed.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: VTX1800 Trike, building Covington trike
Not Ranked     
ever think of using a redneck eng? http://www.redneckengineering.com/springer.htm
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Lurker/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Stickz View Post
ever think of using a redneck eng? http://www.redneckengineering.com/springer.htm
I think I may have found what I was looking for in these. I have searched and haven't seen many reviews, are you recommending them?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: VTX1800 Trike, building Covington trike
Not Ranked     
Well I dont have one and never ridden one. But there is a local guy around here that has a redneck chopper with one and loves it. Not to mention Ive seen a ton of them out there at events on the road. Im sure ther are some more experienced builders on here that can give you some more info. It was my top choice of front end before I decided to go with an air ride springer.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom metric chopper
Not Ranked     
I called one company that made expensive springers and they told me they thought DNA springers were"crap" I emailed back and asked WHY do you think the DNA springers are crap, and got no answer. No reply at all.

I have used DNA springers on two bikes and they look well made and work well.
The first set was chromed and after two years there was a spot on the chrome near a sharp edge that was bad but was on the inside of the leg and was not noticeable.

The second set was black and I think it is paint or powdercoat.

I saw one set of DNA forks that was on is website that had broken and it was next to a weld in the heat affected zone. Do not know what caused that.
If the axle spacers were not correct and the forks were pinched together, then stress like that could cause a problem.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Actually I got my black and chrome springer from ebay this week. I am so happy! I stayed in my $1,000 budget and got a Freddy Hernandez wishbone. Its brand new and just the size I needed. Thank God for "Buy it Now" options!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Lurker/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I like the Redneck springer and also the ones by Pearson Customs, trying to get a quote.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Homemade junk, 96"S&S, Baker OD6, Karata
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
I like the Redneck springer and also the ones by Pearson Customs, trying to get a quote.

I got one from Pearson (wide, about 14" over), very well contstructed piece. It was $1200 (Raw). Only took a couple of weeks to get it, very quick for a custom part, I would buy from him again without question.

Just got the wishbone and rockers back from Chrome, Rear legs and Top tree are at the powder coaters now. Should have it back together next week.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I had a Twisted Choppers wide springer on my last build and it was a very nice built springer. It looked clean as hell and the thing was bullet proof. Comes in raw around 1200.00 I believe.

I liked it so much, I'm likely going to use they're wishbone springer on my next build.