Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: DIABOLUS
Posted On: 04-05-2020
Replies: 509
Views: 132,552
Bleeding brakes in dna rear end. Need help
Last Post: chopperfugger
Posted On: 04-05-2020
Replies: 12
Views: 308
Pushrod u still on here?
Last Post: fifty
Posted On: 04-04-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 57
NEW YORK FREEDOM RIDER NEWS- 4/3/20 - motorcycle related updates
Last Post: karen
Posted On: 04-03-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 128
Leaking spoke wheel. Help needed
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 04-03-2020
Replies: 7
Views: 265
More...
Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 Custom EVO
Not Ranked     
It's funny but I've only been to the stealer twice (3 months apart) so far on my build (both times just because I needed a small part in order to keep working that day) and both times there was a customer in there just steaming mad. This one today was standing at the parts counter when I walked up and when the parts kid asked what I needed I pointed to steaming mad guy and said, "I think he was here first." And steaming mad guy looks at me and says, "Go ahead, what I need is way over this assholes head."

So I handed the parts kid my shopping list of part numbers (he still automatically asked for year and model) but then realized he didn't need to know that and went off to find my parts. There were two other parts kids and one other customer there and every thirty seconds or so steaming mad guy would say, "Fucking monkeys, not one of you assholes is worth a god damn shit!" And the parts kids were ignoring him in a very practiced way so you know this kind of situation happens a lot. I never got what steaming mad guy was going on about as the parts kid came back with my stuff and I blew outta there.

On my way out there was another guy but this one was a very happy guy. I heard the salesman telling him, "Okay, you're all set. You can come pick up your new Harley in the morning," and very happy guy was just beaming. So just twenty feet apart you had very happy guy and steaming mad guy. I wonder how long it will take before very happy guy becomes steaming mad guy . . .

Anyway, I just stuck a piece of welding rod into my trans shaft and it went in 11 3/4" before it hit rod #10 in the up-board photo. So I guess the pushrod I need is "part #96-442 11.375" long" that Ultfact mentioned.

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
All American Nightmare
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 08 BrosCo Bare Bones Custom 120ci Ultima
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
It's funny but I've only been to the stealer twice (3 months apart) so far on my build (both times just because I needed a small part in order to keep working that day) and both times there was a customer in there just steaming mad. This one today was standing at the parts counter when I walked up and when the parts kid asked what I needed I pointed to steaming mad guy and said, "I think he was here first." And steaming mad guy looks at me and says, "Go ahead, what I need is way over this assholes head."

So I handed the parts kid my shopping list of part numbers (he still automatically asked for year and model) but then realized he didn't need to know that and went off to find my parts. There were two other parts kids and one other customer there and every thirty seconds or so steaming mad guy would say, "Fucking monkeys, not one of you assholes is worth a god damn shit!" And the parts kids were ignoring him in a very practiced way so you know this kind of situation happens a lot. I never got what steaming mad guy was going on about as the parts kid came back with my stuff and I blew outta there.

On my way out there was another guy but this one was a very happy guy. I heard the salesman telling him, "Okay, you're all set. You can come pick up your new Harley in the morning," and very happy guy was just beaming. So just twenty feet apart you had very happy guy and steaming mad guy. I wonder how long it will take before very happy guy becomes steaming mad guy . . .

Anyway, I just stuck a piece of welding rod into my trans shaft and it went in 11 3/4" before it hit rod #10 in the up-board photo. So I guess the pushrod I need is "part #96-442 11.375" long" that Ultfact mentioned.

Thanks everyone!

It will only be a matter of time! As long as very happy guy knows the year and model of his bike everything will be ok LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
I know the routine so I go to HD give them all the info and then I ask for new bushings for my generator. The guy says "what's a generator?" I say "ha?" so he says wait a minute and he comes back with his boss and he says the same thing. So as I'm standing there while they go thru this 12" thick book trying to find what a generator looks like they're ringing this guy up beside me for a tune up and I hear the guy say we tuned it up for you and that'll be $212.00. When he said that I turned to the guys looking for my bushings and said "hold it, never mind I don't think I want those bushings.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Big thanks to John @ Scooters! Got the clutch pushrod I ordered from him in 3 days! (And I'm in So Cal and he's in Florida!)

http://www.scootersperformance.com

Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC/CFL with a PP100 engine
Not Ranked     
I wish our parts prices were as cheap over here (uk), i payed the equivalent of $25 from my local stealer when i needed a clutch pushrod
Always makes me grin when i'm in there buying parts, the guy next to me was buying a bluetooth for his helmet......................... I go out on my bike to get away from all that shit .
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
you should buy small stuff like this over here and have it shipped to you. I send small stuff to europe all the time via 1st class mail for around 3 bucks. 1st class mail takes 5-6 days, the secret is it has to fit in a manilla envelope and it has to fit in a mail box. If it fits in 6"x10"x2" box it'll ship for $16.75 and takes about the same time.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC/CFL with a PP100 engine
Not Ranked     
I have done so in the past Redwing, but some suppliers in the states are either reluctant to ship too europe or looking to make a fast buck out of the shipping and handling charges.
Once i've been hammered my side for tax and import duties it makes the original purchase price not so attractive.
I even ended up paying import duty on my own second hand indian oil pump that was shipped to florida to be modified on its return!
That said there are still some good guys like John at scooters who's prices and shipping always seem very fair.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hmmm...okay, I got an ultima LSD 6 speed tranny and the ultima drag style open primary with outboard support. It's really just by chance that I realized this thing didn't come with the center pushrod. I realize that there are number of different sizes that can be used, but AT LEAST say somethin in the manual as to which one would fit other ultima belt drives, lol. Anyway, which one is recommended for my application? I have the entire tranny setup on the belt drive/clutch pack side so I have the cable side cover off. I took out the right side pushrod assembly (that has the thrust bearing on it). I took a piece of welding rod, stuck it down the hollow shaft and bottomed it out to the left side pushrod. Measured it to the point where the rightside pushrod thrust bearing sits. Took the rod out and got exactly 13". I then subtracted the length of the body of the rightside pushrod up to the point directly under the thrust bearing. That length is 10.75" exactly. Now, does that mean I need the 11" one? That leaves 1/4" of "throw" before it bottoms the thrust bearing out. Is that right for the amount needed to release the clutch while shifting? But I think the 11.375" one is too long...anyway...thanks in advance guys for any help you can give me...

Last edited by are6rider; 05-01-2010 at 03:26 AM..
Old 08-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
John PM sent, regarding this tread.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 - 107 ci Switchblade Softail Custom
Not Ranked     
Sorry for rehashing this old thread but I had some questions and some answers to add. I have a 6 speed Ultima LSD tranny, cable clutch matched to an Ultima Drag style 3.35 open belt primary that is chain driven vice belt to the rear tire.

I purchased a center push rod that measured 10.8125 (96-538) and I couldn't get my clutch to adjust. My clutch lever sat at mid posn on the bars and looked as though I needed another 3/4" to 1" of adjustment. Im thinking with my setup the center rod should be longer. So I call Jireh Cycle to get some clarity and they had no clue which one to get.

Anyone have experience with this and what length rod to get.

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by hunter_michael; 09-21-2011 at 08:17 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 08:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You need part #96-442 which is 11.375" long. Contact John at Scooters.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Read the first part of this link and you'll find part numbers for longer rods. First, make sure the short rod is seated in the bearing and the throw-out mechanism is all the way to the back position. You can check this without taking the cover off by pushing the long rod all the way in, the clutch lever should tighten all the way up. If it doesn't, you'll have to take the cover off and pull the mechanism all the way back then seat the short rod.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 - 107 ci Switchblade Softail Custom
Not Ranked     
Thanks Guys!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
96-538 for LSD and 96-442 for RSD.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I just called Jireh and they confirmed the part numbers and they also showed me the numbers on Ultimas website in the tranny instructions.