Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 245
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 26
Views: 786
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,298
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 71
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,795
More...
Old 10-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince81World View Post
Sorry If I offend the Ultima fan club here but I just had to enter and engage in an answer of truth and circumstance since I've worked on,dealt with and carried Midwest Motorcycle Supply/Ultima products in the past as a dealer-but NO MORE:
You are getting what you payed for with Ultima products-Inferior materials and overseas workmanship and parts sourced from foriegn manufacturers.
GOOD WORK is NOT CHEAP-CHEAP WORK Is NOT Good.
Non-Existent Customer Support to those private people(who make up ALOT of the membership here) -as well as to Dealers who called and asked for help or dealer support w/exchanges and warranty service(also NON-Existent).

The Ultima satisfaction rate on pieces(Transmissions,Clutches and Engines) is dismal at best in the dealer AND Consumer end-and any real shop will tell you so-so I'm not in the minority as to telling you what can be expected in terms of Customer Relations/Help or Satisfaction.
I DO Feel bad for those who've been stymied/frustrated and discouraged by a product that was both affordable and readily available at a discounted rate and then turned to *MUSH* at the end of the spectrum-but thats what you are getting folks:inferior foriegn made units at a CHEAP Price.

I dont say (or wont have to Mention) the Engines & Drivetrains I use since it would fuel the anti christ Ultima friends here -and I just want to add some positive
re-buttal to the subject:
You are getting what you pay for with foriegn made Ultima products.
Thats not much in terms of Reliability,Build Quality,Craftsmanship or Longevity.

You ARE Getting a cheaply made and lower cost alternative in engine,drivetrain and other components to a custom build or accessorie items.
You are gonna spend that money saved down the line sooner than later and I wont argue with the faithful of the Ultima school....its logic to NOT engage in time consuming banter in lieu of buying American Made Quality and avoiding the time,hassle and problems down the road associated with Foriegn Made & Built JUNK.

I get the whole Buy America thing. I am as patriotic as the next guy. But, I think there is alot of misinformation about what products are really domestic.

Also - if its junk - its junk. Don't matter where its made. There is American junk, and there is foreign junk. There is also American good stuff, and foreign good stuff.

I never really thought of Ultima as foreign (I bought mine from MISSOURI!!!!). If I had done my research, I might have made a different choice. But, I got what I got.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 Custom EVO
Not Ranked     
I don't believe there is such a thing as an "Ultima Fan Club" LOL! And I imagine those of us who run Ultima parts do so mainly out of monetary necessity. I have their belt drive and transmission and yes, I'd rather have a BDL and a Baker, but my family's gotta eat too.

As for Ultima customer service they did all right by me. My first transmission broke a pawl spring (and bits of the spring went through the gears) at a 1000-miles and they sent me a brand new updated transmission with no fuss at all.

And we've all heard about Ultima's motor progression. There were problems with the early first generations motors, but you really don't hear anyone bad mouthing their motors nowadays. And there's no way to ignore the bang for the buck they provide.

But I'll admit there isn't many times I look at that Ultima logo on my transmission and think, "Gee, I wonder if I can remove that," LOL! In the end however I'm on the road and I'm riding. But thanks for rubbing it in . . .

Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'd like to join the ultama fan club. Does that come with sign? I'm hanging mine on the floor. Badmouth my club will you. Something happens to my signpost up ahead? Here is the club solute. Bend your knees slightly. Simultaneously, thrust your pelvis, reach around to the front part where your legs end in the middle? Squeeze that, thrust that, take that!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Been using ultima for 6 years now, no problems.motor beltdrive startor,etc
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid in the works
Not Ranked     
I realize that ULTIMA is not the same quality as S&S and Accurate ect but still a decent product in my opinion. It's unusual to have this many problems with multiple products of theirs. Most guys dont have this many problems with alot of the Korean shit thats out there too. Somethings not right
Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Various years of replacement parts.
Not Ranked     
I have an ultima trans, the first one had the pawl spring issue. They replaced it free, no questions asked. Granted it may not be that great of quality but for some its a money issue. I was ignorant when I got mine, I didnt research things like I do now. Sometimes I feel like I am riding on a hand grenade with a delayed fuse but I feel the same way about S&S due to their customer service.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 131 C.I. S&S Custom Engine
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdeckie View Post
I have an ultima trans, the first one had the pawl spring issue. They replaced it free, no questions asked. Granted it may not be that great of quality but for some its a money issue. I was ignorant when I got mine, I didnt research things like I do now. Sometimes I feel like I am riding on a hand grenade with a delayed fuse but I feel the same way about S&S due to their customer service.
With ALL Due Respect and Honesty on MY part I'd like to address and reply to you with My answer:
I Am an S&S *A* Series dealer-and I went to their school in Viola Wisconsin for 22 weeks,graduated and am Now a top dealer in the USA for their engines and a full service shop for warranty service,claims and repairs & maintenance.

I would *NEVER* turn away,ignore OR disclaim a customers needs, claims or wants as far as service (customer service) warranty issues or problems in any way associated with an S&S related product failure,questions,related service issues or general maintenance inquiries.

I would bend over backwards to address resolve and or correct any issues with such a fine USA Made product which I carry exclusively and with great enthusiasm-because the factory is behind ME 1000% and I am willing to go the extra miles and effort to ensure that ANYONE w/issues or repairs or questions or warranty and service issues regarding their S&S engines that comes to ME is Satisfied to the fullest extent,and happy with whatever I've done for THEM with the FULL backing of S&S in Wisconsin(I'm in Connecticut).

The Warranty division at S&S is Totally Concerned and Behind the product 100% and they have NEVER brefused or balked at a repair or replacement issue w/me in the last 11 years (and I deal w/ Professional and Constant Drag Racers about 48% of all the sales,parts,custom work and service I deal with).

I Apologise *IF* You've had ANY issues or discouraging scenarios with S&S Dealers prior to my reply here -but I can assure you that If you are dealing with a reputable and factory backed dealer like myself or the many others here in the USA thjat WE are Willing to Help You and correct ANY issues that you may have -as well as inquiries and service scenarios that you may need or encounter in the future.
MY Shop is Always Open and Willing to Help YOU or anyone else that needs Help,Service and Advice with S&S Engines & Drivetrain Components.

Vince
VS CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES LLC
Huntington,Connecticut
(203)305-1923.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopper/08/custom/127ci
Not Ranked     
i have loaded another 5 k on this season....127ci...(Ultima all the way) i only had a problem with the H4 ignition module...ya, lock tight....lol.
The only thing i have noticed with the ultima hardware is the finish (chrome) easily pitts...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 Custom EVO
Not Ranked     
>>Sometimes I feel like I am riding on a hand grenade with a delayed fuse<<

Yup, there's that too . . . LOL!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 BigDog, 69 Shovel, 78 Superglide
Not Ranked     
ultima keeps me on the road..no problems just standard maintenance tightening and lubing things as needed
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
My engine and trans are Revtech, the belt drive is Ultima. I beat on it all and it just keeps on going ..and going..and going...and going...
Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2011 Custom Chopper- SOLD
Not Ranked     
...so far, 30miles on her and now I am scared straight. The honeymoon is not over yet and I have the Ultima Wire-harness too. I guess time will tell.

Last edited by Icon; 11-01-2011 at 03:16 PM..