Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 13
Views: 1,392
Tire rub chain
Last Post: Tx51
Posted On: 07-16-2019
Replies: 19
Views: 2,178
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 07-16-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 1,014
5 speed quadseal and enclosed primary
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 07-14-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 94
Mounting WCC belt guard on Brute V
Last Post: modekko
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 75
More...
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Slammer
Hey guys.. The bushings that holds my handle bars to the the forks are shot (03 Slammer) Where can I buy some new ones?
Thanks...
convert to solid bushings, stock ones are too sloppy in the trees hole's, ness and drag too. if these are the aih proprietary trees, that is.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
I put the red poly bushing on mine @ 18 months ago. They are still tight but you do feel a little vibration in the bars.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
I put the poly bushings in my 03 chopper a couple weeks ago. They were the ones from JP cycles. They fit perfect but you do feel some more vibration in the bars but not much. My originals looked fine yet but you could see how the bars were pulled back and I noticed that the risers would bump the trees on a hard bounce. I know they made a difference because when I sat on the bike, the bars were noticeably higher and I had to adjust my mirrors quite a bit.

As far as the speedo units...I just got mine back from Thunderheart about two weeks ago and it is working fine. (about 400 miles so far) The whole process took about two weeks and I had to pay the $125 plus shipping. I rode for two years without a speedo unit so the wait wasnt a big deal. I had made up an idiot light panel that plugged into the original harness and it mounted in the original housing. the only thing I didnt have was a speeometer which I didnt miss. If it dies again, I will probably get it fixed and ebay it since they seem to be getting big bucks for them....who knows why???
Old 07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I've put @ 2500 miles on mine since Thunder-Heart repaired it. It does seem to be a little less bright than the original but I won't complain with a working speedo.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqman
I've put @ 2500 miles on mine since Thunder-Heart repaired it. It does seem to be a little less bright than the original but I won't complain with a working speedo.
thats GOOD to hear. I know these things had a "brightness" sensor built into them that was suppose to adjust for the ambent light/darkness. Maybe that was part of the problem in the first place..........................to much damn "high-tech" B.S. these days...................
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 American Ironhorse LSC
Not Ranked     
I ran into the same issue on my 05, this was after AIH replaced the first speedo, I spoke to TH, sent it in and got it back in about 2 weeks, cost me $125 plus shipping, with a 1 year warranty. Money well spent considering I have not had any other issues with my LSC.

I'm in the process now of getting the controls replaced with some PM's, internal throttle, and all cables ran internally. I'm lookiing forward to seeing the end result. I have always loved the looks of the LSC and plan on doing some cleaning up on it to make it a look like a smooth custom,

Last edited by 05LSCMike; 07-23-2008 at 10:34 PM..
Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Would like to see some photos when your finished.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 American Ironhorse LSC
Not Ranked     
I'll post some pics when its complete, right now I'm waiting on the spacers from PM, should be here next week some time.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey guys.. Not sure what make my speedo is, White face, looks like the top of a hamburger bun, small button for trip info. Think everything works BUT the tach. It just stays all lit up.. How do you read Milage on this thing? I turn the key on it says ODO 84 then Trp some #. Is the mileage read in hundreds? It had 77 when i bought the bike. Now its 84 which I more then likely put about 500 miles on her.. Your is it messed up?
Thanks..
Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
On my 03 chopper, it scrolls across the screen when you turn it on. Thats the only time you can get it as far as I know. I dont have any reset button on mine though??
Old 08-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The odometer is in 100's so 84 is 8400. Hit your reset button once for odo twice for trip. Hold it on trip to reset trip to zero. Contact Thunder-Heart performance if you need repairs.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 AIH LSC
Not Ranked     
dakota digital makes direct replacements for AIH speedos now. check their website.
looks like theirs has way more features as well.

Last edited by pjb; 08-22-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Old 10-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS View Post
In response to Keith's (TH) email: Yes, those other companies did make speedos for AIH...back in '03!! And AIH probably did provide the overlay (what you see when you look at your speedo) to those companies as it was our overlay. The overlay has as much to do with the function of the speedo as the face of a clock has to do with the clockworks. From '04 on it was all TH, but there may be been a few "stragglers" make it on to '05 models.

Merlin - I'm not asking these guys to call up TH and call bullshit. I was resonding to what TH said about AIH using "other" parts in their speedos. I just hope these guys read this as a "buyer beware" kinda thing. I really hope that TH has finally manned-up and are going to fix these problems.

Wait...MakersMark, didn't you say they were charging you $125...bbqman only paid shipping...did I miss something?
Jos, Maybe there were parts dropped shipped to TH for AIH, that you weren't aware of???? I can tell you that the statement "overlay is no more than a clock face is incorrect". I have taken apart an 04' model and the overlay has 3 circuit tracers in it for the active select button. They looked mismatched and had burnt through. Just more input.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
It sounds as though you know your stuff, I wasn't disputing that at ll. But I should have written my reply differently. You are correct at some point very late 05'? the overlay became just a clockface (no circuitry). I was incorrect my 04' had 4 circuit traces not 3. I know of several late year mfg'd 05's that have the same circuited overlay. I know this is an old thread but wanted to add .02 worth, which it may not be worth that now.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
Has anyone who had their speedo updated have it fail again? Does this seem to be a permanent fix? I am in the process of sending mine back.
THanks,