Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Oil vs fuel vs transmission line?
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 61
99 brake caliper on a 2000 fork?
Last Post: masterjedifocus
Replies: 2
Views: 123
return throttle cable
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 2
Views: 80
Tallest engine in the frame?
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 09-15-2019
Replies: 58
Views: 9,329
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 09-15-2019
Replies: 26
Views: 6,123
More...
Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thunder Heart Performance
120 Industrial Drive
White House , Tn 37188

Brooke Mc Cormack
brookem@thunder-heart.com
Ph 615-616-1127
615-672-1353-fax
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 AIH TexasChopper 124ci
Not Ranked     
Horse posted the same info i have - call Brooke and she will hook u up
Old 03-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakersMark
Thunder-Heart says they were only responsible for some of the components AIH didnt use all TH parts. - thats what the problem is -
I find this statement by T-Heart...astounding!! I really hope you guys get your speedos fixed and hope that you never have problems with them again, but for T-Heart to claim that AIH used "other than TH parts" is bullshit! I know most of the guys at TH and find it remarkable they would say that (not calling you a liar, MarkersMark).

The speedos from TH were delivered to AIH just like any other part. We took them out of the packaging, tested and programmed them (if needed) and put them on bikes. The inside of the speedos are just circuit boards all sealed up with some kind of resin, how did AIH change parts? Amazing...
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I had a very long conversation with Keith from T-H Perf.( he said he was the tech going to redo my speedo )- He told me that AIH had used some other manuf parts along with Thunder-Heart parts - not sure if it was in the speedo or what the speedo connects with ???? i am not up on the whole wiring system of AIH bikes ????? ... So what r u tellin me ??? is this a bullshit sales pitch ???.... i just want a speedo that works - do u know this dude Keith ??? - i have his number if would be so kind as to call and listen to his story and tell me what u think ??????
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yes, I know Keith. I don't think he's bullshitting you, he always seemed like a pretty straight shooter, but I just don't get where he's coming from if he told you that. The only part of the speedo that isn't TH is the speedo harness and it's not really part of the speedo (it just plugs into the back of it). Most of the speedo harnesses were made by Wire-Plus and a few did fail from time to time. I'm just saying that as a former employee of AIH, for five years, I know we did NOT change parts in the speedos when we received them from TH. Hell, we even sent back the sealed unit (just like when we received it) to TH to get them to repair and/or warranty these things. If we were "putting in our own parts", the very LAST thing we would have done is send them back to TH for warranty.

I would really rather not talk to anyone at TH as I do not represent nor am I any longer employed by AIH. I'm not getting in the middle of this. The guys at TH know who I am. Just mention "Jos", pronounced "JAWS". I'm just letting you and anyone else know that TH's claim that AIH used "other than TH" parts in their speedos and that is why the speedos are failing is bullshit.

The speedos from TH are junk and AIH should have steered away from them years ago. Ask TH how many millions of $$ AIH had in speedo warranty claims each year (yes, millions). It's their speedo, their circuitry, their program, they should "man-up" and take the heat for the failures.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Can u tell me who else if anyone built speedos for my 06 AIH TC - and who in your opinion would be better to get a replacement from - if thats even possible - ive tried for weeks looking for any speedos that fit the AIH bars and theres nothing out there - any info would be greatly appreciated ....
Old 03-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
No one else made speedos for AIH in '06. One speedo fit ALL models. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to NOT have your speedo repaired by TH. I really do hope that the guys at TH hook all you guys up and once and for all fix your speedos. It's just the info they put out about AIH using other parts in their speedos is/was wrong. Seeing as how there is almost nothing available to fit the AIH "V" bars, I think your best move would be to have them repair it and go from there. I would ask them if they warranty their work. Who knows, maybe they finally fixed their "AIH speedo" issues.

I may have come across a bit strong in my last post, sorry. It's just that the TH speedos have been a thorn in the side of AIH for a number of years. And speedos are the only thing on your bike made by TH...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Keith (TH) will be getting a phone call on Mon - I am goin to drop ur name and let him know what i now know - as long as u dont mind - Keith did tell me if i let them fix it i would get a year warranty on the repair - i figured for $125 bucks and no other option than changin the bars out there WTF .....
Old 03-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I don't mind if you use my name. I've been a bot of a thorn in their side for a few years, lol. I kept insisting they improve their products, the ones that AIH used. But that's a whole 'nother story...
Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
They have my speedometer now. I figured that they were blowing smoke about different parts so they can charge us a few bucks to cover thier expenses. We are at a disadvantage because at the moment we have nowhere else to go except an expensive bar and speedo change out. I talked to AIH a few months back and was told that TH was improving the speedometer so maybe we will be getting a new product. If not we will get a few months of use before the thing freezes up again. This will be my 4th in 2 years.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
AIH did come out with a new speedo design on the Rally series bikes (Bandera, Classic Chop and Judge). They were the kind that clamped to the handlebars, so it wouldn't be a big deal for a customer to change speedos/handlebars. I guess all my belly-aching about the speedo/handlebar thing finally paid off, lol. I was actually working on an adapter plate thingy just before the final layoff/shutdown that would allow someone to use the newer speedo with the "V" bars.

The newer speedos were, again, made by TH...not the smartest decision IMHO. Guess what the failure rate was on the "normal" speedo...80%!!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
If you guys (AIH) were having that many problems with T-H, why continue to use them? ...........contract?

As a business person, I sure as hell would'nt have kept up a contract with a company I was having that many issues with. Not only did it make AIH look bad, it also took away some potential sales when people read about the speedo problems.

BTW*...............your shirts on it's way............
Old 03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
I'm sure someone with good fab skills could come up with a soultion if indeed TH continues to fail
Old 03-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skullz
If you guys (AIH) were having that many problems with T-H, why continue to use them?
Man...if you only knew how many times I asked that question, lol. Myself, and many others, were convinced that the head elec engineer had some kind of a "deal" going on with TH. I'm not saying he was doing anything illegal or under the table, but it was damn odd that we kept going back to TH when we were having so many problems with their stuff. The speedos weren't the only thing.

BTW...your plugs wires are on the way . Sent them out on Thursday.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
TH Reply

Here is the response i recieved from Keith at Thunder-Heart after i tried calling and leaving a message and sending email - i sent emails to the Pres of the company - Jerry Korrect and to the General Manager - Paul Sweeney . So far this was the only reply i have recieved :

Mark,
I'm sure that you will hear several things on this subject but; Wire
Plus, Gill, and THP all made speedo's for AIH. There was 1 other company
also, but I don't remember their name or how involved they actually were.
AIH did supply at least one component for the majority of the speedo's,
their overlay.

Thank you,
Keith