Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 13
Views: 1,392
Tire rub chain
Last Post: Tx51
Posted On: 07-16-2019
Replies: 19
Views: 2,178
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 07-16-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 1,014
5 speed quadseal and enclosed primary
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 07-14-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 94
Mounting WCC belt guard on Brute V
Last Post: modekko
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 75
More...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Missing Custom build, AIH replacement
Not Ranked     
aih speedo

Traehreg, let us no If you find anything out. And pics if you do run across something. My bars are coming off!!! Just a matter of if I run with or with out a new speedo.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 AIH TexasChopper 124ci
Not Ranked     
speedo

Its going to be a small rectangle digital display mounted in a billet piece that fits the AIH profile . The first one had to long of pigtails to plug in - it is being shortened. It will have speedo - turn sig - hi/lo beam - neutral - not sure about tach - I was told a week or two - ill keep u posted .......
Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by traehreg
I have tried to contact Thunder-Heart by email and by phone - left messages for more than one person ...... cant get a live person to respond to anything WTF !!!!!!!!!...... I have found a guy making replacements that fit same spot with same wiring .... when i get it ill post pics after install ..... otherwise the fuckin bars r comin off !!!!!!
did you request a "repair" order form? Brooke from Thunder-Heart just emailed me one and I don't need it. Figued someone else had requested one. Email said, "she was sorry for the delay", and gave prices to repair the speedos.

THIS IS WHAT SHE SENT ME:

AIH SPEEDOMETER REPAIR FORM
Dealer_____ Bike Owner_____
RMA #________

Customer Name:_____________________________________________

Contact # or E-mail:__________________________________________

Year & Make of Bike:________________________________________

VIN#______________________________________________________

When & Where bike was purchased:_____________________________

Report Defect & When this started:______________________________________________________

Thunder Heart Performance (THP) will repair or replace any 2003 & up American IronHorse (AIH) speedometer. The above information is required before any return authorization # can be given. All of these speedometers will fall under 1 of 4 categories which will be determined when THP receives speedo from customer. At this time, THP will contact customer and let them know which category they fall into and the cost if any.
1. THP will refit Gill speedo with THP bezel for $350
2. THP will refit Wire Plus speedo with THP circuit for $300
3. THP will refurbish early THP bezel to latest spec for $125
4. THP will refurbish current THP bezel at no charge

We will also have a limited few complete AIH speedometers consisting of brand new housing and bezel with electronics available for $650. In addition, we will also have a limited number of new bezels with electronics available for $350.

In all cases the freight back to customer must be paid by Visa, MC, or Amex. Each customer will be notified before any work is completed.

When returning speedo back to THP, please use provided label attached. This must be on outside of box and this completed form must be placed inside the box. Without correct label and form, parts will be returned to sender.

RMA# ___________________

Ship to: Thunder Heart Performance
PO Box 76 120 Industrial Dr
White House, TN 37188
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Repair form

Thanks Bro - filled it out and then Brooke called me .... gave me RMA# and off it goes ...... im still goin to try the proto type speedo .... atleast we will have an option besides switchin out the bars .....
Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by traehreg
Thanks Bro - filled it out and then Brooke called me .... gave me RMA# and off it goes ...... im still goin to try the proto type speedo .... atleast we will have an option besides switchin out the bars .....
Let me (us) know how things go with Thunder-Heart. Brooke seemed sincere about the problems..................guess you'll (we'll) see how its handled!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2008 Eddie Trotta Drop Rigid
Send a message via Yahoo to daywlkr29
Not Ranked     
Yeah man, I'm in the same situation... I'd appreciate a heads up...
Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Okay...finally able to access CC again, not sure what the problem was <scratching head> and I'm caught up on this thread...

Let me just saying that anyone who is lumping Buck Hendrickson in with the big company CEO's that walk away with millions while the company goes in the shitter, doesn't really know him. When he came thru the door of AIH 17 months ago, he ruffled quite a few feathers. Those feathers belonged to managers and company officers who were basically sitting on their collective asses and collecting a sizeable paycheck (you know who you are) meanwhile doing nothing to fix the problems that the company was having. These "problems" go back several years, btw. He saw the problems and was trying to fix them, but the hole was too deep and you now see the result. I'll defend Buck 'cause I think he is a straight shooter. He has a very "fuck-the-bullshit, get-it-fixed" attitude, which I thought was great. I always got along great with him . Nuff on that for now.

The speedos: I think it's great that someone at T-Heart is helping you guys with your speedo replacements. I hope it all works out for everyone. However, T-Heart has a dirty "hand" in the downfall of AIH also. T-Heart and AIH were in dispute for a long time for a sizeable chunk of change regarding warranty dollars on their speedos. Basically, T-Heart was saying that most of the speedos that we sent back to them were fine. The speedos worked perfectly "on the bench test". All of you guys that have had speedo issues saw what your speedos were doing, right? Imagine AIH's position when we would try to reclaim warranty dollars from T-Heart but couldn't because they said they were fine...WTF!! I'm not saying that the many years of shitty speedos from T-Heart ultimately sunk AIH, but IMHO it was a pretty big nail in the coffin!! Everyone at AIH knew these speedos were killing us, yet no one (see my first paragraph) would step up to the plate and make a change.

BTW, Gill, Wire Plus and T-Heart made speedos for AIH. The ones that go on the V-bars were ALL made by T-Heart. Wire Plus made a few of the old "new" style speedos (03 & early 04). Gill made some of the newer style speedo bezels but quit because T-Heart wouldn't share the "technology". Gill, who has been making fuel injection systems for heavy duty machinery for decades, wanted to simply improve the circuitry and T-Heart wouldn't let them...go figure.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Texas Chopper
Not Ranked     
I talked with Brooke today. She seems to really care about our Speedometer problems. I received a new type form to fill out. The old one didn't have a place for the mileage. Faxed it to her and she called me back with a RMA# and I shipped my Speedometer to Thunder Heart today. I'll let everyone how it goes.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:35 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Guess I should have said, there was an "updated" repair form........OOOPS!!

Although I haven't had any issues (KNOCK, KNOCK) I saved it (form) in a file on my 'puter....................just in case!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I just recieved a call from - Keith - Tech at Thunder-Heart - My speedo didnt have all TH parts - so it is goin to cost me $125.00 to upgrade to the latest specs - He tells me they will warrenty the speedo refit for a year - it will have all TH internals - Says I will have no more problems - ?? ... we will see .... at least we r gettin some support even w/o dealers help .... Big thanks to CLUB CHOPPER
Old 03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakersMark
I just recieved a call from - Keith - Tech at Thunder-Heart - My speedo didnt have all TH parts - so it is goin to cost me $125.00 to upgrade to the latest specs - He tells me they will warrenty the speedo refit for a year - it will have all TH internals - Says I will have no more problems - ?? ... we will see .... at least we r gettin some support even w/o dealers help .... Big thanks to CLUB CHOPPER
Hey MakersMark, how long has this whole process taken you? Is your ride down until you get your new speedo back? I'm just now thinking if this is going to be the same damn thing in a year from now, as opposed to either customing out the stock bars or buying a new set, etc.. What has all this cost you so far, if you don't mind me asking... I appreciate the info.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Ironhorse

It has been about 2 weeks and so far only cost was mailing it to Thunder-Heart Performance . I guess I will owe $125.00 and after talkin to TH they say it will not be a problem after there fix. Thunder-Heart says they were only responsible for some of the components AIH didnt use all TH parts. - thats what the problem is - I have been riding it without a speedo - everything works just no display ...... it was two screws and unplug the speedo about 2 min of work and $125 bucks i had to try it ... i was goin to do the same as u - take the bars and speedo off and redo .... if this doesnt work thats the plan ........ i will keep it posted as it goes ....Thunder-Heart has been very honest and easy to deal with up to this point ...
Old 03-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thunderheart just fixed my one as well. I posted if from New Zealand and once they received it they only took a week to turn it around and now its on its way back to me. I also asked to make sure that it was fixed as this would be the 3rd speedo on the bike in 6 months, they say I wont have anymore problems so I hope so. They have been good to deal with.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Glad to hear you guys are having some "good" luck with Thunder-Heart. As I mentioned a while back, when I spoke with Brooke, she seemed as if she was "sincerely" concerned about taking care of problems with the speedos.....

Gotta pat myself on the back for this one if you all don't mind.........................
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakersMark
It has been about 2 weeks and so far only cost was mailing it to Thunder-Heart Performance . I guess I will owe $125.00 and after talkin to TH they say it will not be a problem after there fix. Thunder-Heart says they were only responsible for some of the components AIH didnt use all TH parts. - thats what the problem is - I have been riding it without a speedo - everything works just no display ...... it was two screws and unplug the speedo about 2 min of work and $125 bucks i had to try it ... i was goin to do the same as u - take the bars and speedo off and redo .... if this doesnt work thats the plan ........ i will keep it posted as it goes ....Thunder-Heart has been very honest and easy to deal with up to this point ...
K, that doesn't sound too bad.. do you have a contact person and number I could try as well. It sounds like a decent fix. I appreciate your help.