Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,459
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 791
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,364
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 485
More...
Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
L.A.F. (loud as fuck) Pipes...comments?

I'm looking into getting a set of L.A.F. pipes for my 80-inch EVO. I've got a mild cam and an S&S carb...stock compression. I like the design over conventional drag pipes and was going to try those "torque cones" to help with the back pressure; they're supposed to help the low-end. Any comments on these pipes? Anybody running them? I can't afford those more exotic "hell bent" type pipes on this build; my wife just about shit when I started this project. In her words, "what do you need TWO bikes for, you can only ride one at a time!". Anyway, let me know what you think of both the torque cones, and the L.A.F. pipes.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik Daddy-O
I'm looking into getting a set of L.A.F. pipes for my 80-inch EVO. I've got a mild cam and an S&S carb...stock compression. I like the design over conventional drag pipes and was going to try those "torque cones" to help with the back pressure; they're supposed to help the low-end. Any comments on these pipes? Anybody running them? I can't afford those more exotic "hell bent" type pipes on this build; my wife just about shit when I started this project. In her words, "what do you need TWO bikes for, you can only ride one at a time!". Anyway, let me know what you think of both the torque cones, and the L.A.F. pipes.
Thanks
I had them on a Revtech 100 and they were very loud. I didn't have a problem with low end though. You won't need the torque cones.

BTW, you don't have enough bikes yet.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Build some pipes, I have a custom set for my cfl I just built out of a set of cheap 25 dollar ebay drag pipes. BTW I have three bikes and am going to build another this winter. Tell your wife shes lucky you only have two!( NOTE: Give her a kiss real fast, to cover your butt! ).

Last edited by StreetChopper; 10-27-2007 at 08:01 AM..
Old 10-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1993, FXDWG 1340cc
Send a message via MSN to EL CHIGUETE
Not Ranked     
I wan´t to see those pipes on your CFL.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
The chrome on mine is questionable, My blue jeans got agains one of them and it looks like shit now, will probably end up wrapping them with black exhaust wrap, other than that, I love em, they sound and look awesome on my sporty chop, and the price was unbeatable, got them from american classic motors off ebay
Old 10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
That's the same place I was gonna get them from. How did using them affect your low-end? Did you run baffles or any other back pressure device?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
One thing about the LAF's, if your on dirt or any other loose debris, be prepared for shit blowing everywhere. They sound great, just with them pointing directly towards the ground.....well, be prepared Oh, and the flames look really cool at night.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Flames eh....I'm diggin' that! Besides, I miss setting all the car alarms off when I hit the city; I used to have a 2 into 1 with no baffles that would set the alarms off all the way up the streets.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Running the L.A.F. pipes will just contribute to shortening all bikers impending limits and fines on any thing other then stock. So you have to ask yourself. Do I want to be apart of the problem or a part of the solution. I know I know, you didn't want the bubble to burst. But think of it as saving money. Cuz you will get nailed and you will piss off some senator and they will very soon change the laws. Other then that scare the hell of all the kids you pull up next to.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm crewed mutha fucka
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '93 FXSTC, 250 Custom Hardtail
Not Ranked     
If you want a set of good sounding quality pipes that are cheap as hell for the money look into a set of V&H Staggered Shorties. I love mine and they are damn nice pipes for the money. I think I paid $275 including shipping. Easy to install, loud and dont blow shit off the ground like Rick mentioned.

And the best part is you can install them yourself in an hour.....assuming ofcourse that your not running them on a custom.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VANCE...spagenameZWDVW

Tearing shit up since 1968!

R.I.P. Michael "MW521" Wilson

Old 10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
FU pipes are the ticket...bro
Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopper
Send a message via AIM to ewp1954
Not Ranked     
i took mine off they have no tone,they sound like shit,im selling mine for 100 bucks,
Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN
Running the L.A.F. pipes will just contribute to shortening all bikers impending limits and fines on any thing other then stock. So you have to ask yourself. Do I want to be apart of the problem or a part of the solution. I know I know, you didn't want the bubble to burst. But think of it as saving money. Cuz you will get nailed and you will piss off some senator and they will very soon change the laws. Other then that scare the hell of all the kids you pull up next to.
the rest of us don't live in commiefornia ,run the L a f's loud and proud.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
LAF - let em know you're coming!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Im running LAF pipes on my 100 inch revtech with torque cones and proper jetting.You are going to love um.Sounds and runs awesome.