Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
2004 Bourget Retro
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 156
18-530 Wiring Harness Mounting Location?
Last Post: rstarost
Replies: 0
Views: 33
18-530 Wiring Harness Mounting Location?
Last Post: rstarost
Views: 45
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 19
Views: 543
New Forum Member
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: Yesterday
Views: 44
More...
Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '02 Confederate Hellcat,113S&S
Not Ranked     
Me thinks you grounded a hot wire to the frame (as you said). Probly burnt the contacts closed on the relay or some solid state component is internally shorted on the board. board probly fried. replace.

You got breakers or fuses protecting that shit?? Or if it shorts before the breakers/fuses your fuked and the wires become the fuses.

As my non electrical machinist says "FM stands for fuckin magic". I tell him electrical shit runs on smoke, once you let the smoke out, it don't work no more.

BTW , lockup suks, depending on which side your on.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: FXSTD, XLC, Virago, HCII 100ci
Not Ranked     
great so I want to fix it so it doesn't happen again. what part or parts do I need. Is this going to cost 350+ as I don't need many of the wires that come with the only boards I can find. Should I put some fuses in? I would like to do it myself but as you can see I don't know electrical...

me+wires=smoke

smoke=no ride on mr chop

no ride on mr chop=foot sized hole in drywall

foot sized hole in wall=unhappy wife

I just want my wife to be happy

Last edited by GodDethroned; 04-09-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDethroned
I think so...all I did was replace the frikin ignition switch (the key that turns the power on. On my set up I would tuen the power on then reach down and hit the button on the starter and pow...off and running. I switched out the Ignition/key switch and left a wire unattached by mistake and all hell broke! the wire that grounded out on the oil bag is the one that goes to this black+gold box. The only one I could find like it in the CC catalog is $350.00 and has all the bullshit for turn signals etc. I don't run any switches on my hand controlls and just need a cheep quick fix if I can figure this thing out! why is this such a pain in my ass???
The plot thickens, why did you have to replace the switch. I missed that post as i was posting/getin a beer. wish I was there with my meter, make quick work of it. not familiar with that control unit, or your ign swich.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
switch was shit...

bike would shut off and on...

I had to hold the litlle fucker in one place for 65 miles just to get my ass home. If I held it the bike ran fine. Replaced it with a new switch and didn't hook a wire up but though I did. my friend checked with a meter and said it was or needed to be grounded and it was not. I traced the burnt wire back to this black board/relay thing and the wire is no longer conected to it. I can see where it went in but there is ne way to reatach a new wire so I'm looking at replacing this mystery board/relay thing but the only ones I can find are 350-500 $$$. One fucking wire going from the frame to this box should not be a $350 fix?!?!?! is it?

now I'm not so happy cause I don't know how to make my bike go unless i'm going downhill which is fun but only for a minute...then it sucks real bad pushing it back up

Last edited by GodDethroned; 04-09-2007 at 09:30 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
640350 is the custom chrome # but read the discription...i don't need all of that do I?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sounds like you dont need nothin but power to the ignition circuit and an icepick thru the starter solonoid cover. Lights are a luxury..................uuuuhhhhhhh.............. sorry was just watchin the girls gone wild comercial. But its true

You gotta know someone local that wont stick it to ya ??

Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: sporty -an evo or two - da pan.
Send a message via AIM to bite me Send a message via Yahoo to bite me
Not Ranked     
Have you tried to just hard wire the bike and crank it. If your not using turn signals and lots of other junk like that you may have just toasted something not needed. If it cranks check the voltage at the battery to see if the regulator is working. Should have been a circuit breaker catching that like the one between the battery and the ignition switch.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I would "hard wire" it but the last time I just started hooking things up and starting it look at what happened.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
???????????????
Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 97 hd fatboy, redneck buell bobber
Send a message via Yahoo to burnr4200
Not Ranked     
if you aren't familiar with bike wiring this might be over your head, and you could cause more damage if you aren't careful.

what i would do is get a voltmeter and test te relay and the breaker and anything else tha looks burnt. i would replace the burnt wiring and relay/breaker.

if you aren't sure how to do any of this, take it to someone who does, or sit down and learn how to do it. its not that hard.
basically, test everything!
Old 07-21-2020, 07:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2000, Softail chopper, 1340 Evo
Not Ranked     
Years after the original post but here's hoping. Is it possible to find the photos as says not on database.
I have a modified nemesis kit bike that might have the same sort of breaker, relay, LEDs, wiring board but I have no idea what all the wires are etc.
It is working fine but just want to know what it all means. 3 right LEDs are green when working and 2 left LEDs light when starter pressed. But I have had no green LED and a red LED when bike wouldn't start.
Wires I know about are battery to breaker other side of breaker to regulator and ignition switch. One wire to starter solenoid. 7 wires in connector at least control brake light and horn but no idea really and not going to pull it all apart when working.
On the unit are main breaker, what I assume is starter relay, 3 components I have no idea.
Anyone have any information on this?
The CCI number only comes up with a heat shield.
My main wire from battery did ground out the first week I had the bike, just had to wait until it burnt through as couldn't do anything else. To get to battery have to remove seat, rear fender, then small protection plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Regulator, Solenoid, Relay???-img_20200707_123903.jpg   Regulator, Solenoid, Relay???-img_20200717_134344.jpg