Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
WTB engraved CFL air filter
Last Post: 2up2out200
Posted On: Today
Replies: 1
Views: 114
dnepr opposite motor bobber
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Views: 36
2005 American ironhorse texas chopper wiring schematics?
Last Post: volksrod2110
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 96
Handtooled Saddlebags w/Python Skin
Last Post: tofferj6
Posted On: Yesterday
Views: 138
Dyna2000i possible issue
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 05-25-2017
Views: 58
More...
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Some kind of big ass V2, Alcohaulin' Ass
Send a message via ICQ to Mr Scary
Not Ranked     
First of all POOP, I wasn't talking to you, or about you.

Second, I made mention of the fact that there is more going on than you believe agout Johnsons opinion.

How Does Johnson know if you weren't an S&S rep? If you really talked to him.

Third, For the amount of Ultimas out there, Their fail rate is relatively low!!!!

Fourth, I don't give a fuck what he buys. I'm not tryin to make his mind up for him.

Fifth, I'm givin him the info just like you. So don't fuckin Quote me and try to flame me with the

"Me and everybody I know have blown up ultimas" bullshit.

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Punchbowl Lifeguard
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary
First of all POOP, I wasn't talking to you, or about you.
umm... k.

Quote:
Second, I made mention of the fact that there is more going on than you believe agout Johnsons opinion.

How Does Johnson know if you weren't an S&S rep? If you really talked to him.
good point, didn't even think of that.

Quote:
Third, For the amount of Ultimas out there, Their fail rate is relatively low!!!!
i'd never heard that. in my local area, among guys i know who have ridden them, that's not the case. and among the local shop that has sold the most of them, that's not the case. the mechanic has on several occassions opined on what problems he felt ultima was having, based on his experience with a dozen or so at the time. if i was aware of the statistics you have, i'd be interested (and i'd be more comfortable with recommending them).

Quote:
Fourth, I don't give a fuck what he buys. I'm not tryin to make his mind up for him.
i haven't accused you of that, nor am i trying to make up his mind. simply joining the discussion.

Quote:
Fifth, I'm givin him the info just like you. So don't fuckin Quote me and try to flame me with the "Me and everybody I know have blown up ultimas" bullshit.
not a personal attack, scary. ease up a bit there. and i certainly haven't flamed you. didn't say anything bad about you.

i swear, there must be something in the water this week. maybe it's the weather.

hope you don't take personal offense; i swear i'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here. i really don't have a personal vendetta for you or ultima. you're one of my favorite posters here, and ultima did do fairly right by me in the end (buying back the engine after trying repeatedly to fix it). and i've given credit for that on this forum, several times.

if i ever catch up with you one of these days, i'll buy you a beer. do what you want with it (don't throw it at me!), but i really don't think you'd hate me if you knew me. maybe a lot gets lost on an online forum, makes things seem more personal.

or maybe, you would just hate me. sorry, pal. i'm not sure why you'd hate me for speaking up about problems i've had with an engine. or for standing up for someone that (seemed) once helped me out without having any apparent reason to do so.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 10ft. long custom
Not Ranked     
During my build I had decided on the 127, about that time I saw a article in one of the rags about KJ endorsing the ultima motors. A few months had passed and I started having problems with the motor. I like poop called KJ's shop looking for some input on the problems I was having. I didnt speak directly to him but to manager of his shop. (I figured this person wouldnt be as PC as KJ) The manager (dont remember his mane) confirmed with me the motor had its problems,gasket issues,cylinder wall thickness issues ect. I cant speak to weather or not he told me this because S&S was threatning them or not, or just because it was just the hard cold facts.

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911.swf
Old 06-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Punchbowl Lifeguard
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
dead man walking!
scary, if this is what made you think i've got it out for you... well, it's a joke. maybe not a very funny one, but a joke nonetheless. i'm not trying to get you, really.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
Poop, Take a close look as to how you worded your post.

You quoted me and then started going off.

Look at it.

How would you take it?

Lv2, was it Dale?

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 06-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
No, I took the Dead man walking thing

like you were agreeing with me about being crucified. That was actually funny!!!

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 06-30-2006, 03:29 PM
true to the cause
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: A rideable A - Zedder
Not Ranked     
Quote:
No, I took the Dead man walking thing

like you were agreeing with me about being crucified. That was actually funny!!!
I think maybe Poop is misunderstood, he seems like a good guy to me...

" Limp Bizkit sucks fucken dick"

Old 06-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 10ft. long custom
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Lv2, was it Dale?
It might of been I honestly dont remember. that was ten months ago

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911.swf
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid in the works
Not Ranked     
My thread from over a year ago

Originally Posted by Andrew Centore
I was talking with Kendall Johnson this weekend (really nice guy). He said for years he was only into S&S motors. I asked him about the ULTIMA motors they now sell. He said Midwest approached them numerous times about the Ultima line and he really wasn't interested at first. After multiple contacts they shipped him a 127"and the goal was to do whatever they felt like doing to it use it in one of their bikes and then try to pound the shit out of it. To his surprise they couldnt break it!!! They also felt that Ultima's customer service was top notch and even easier to work with at times than S&S. One other major point, there are many dealers that sell these motors, Kendall offers factory built Ultima's (many dealers offer lower prices but they also did the assembly-for me that's scary). Factory built Ultima 100in around $4300.00 from KJ. I think it says alot about Ultimas product for Kendall to be selling them. He felt it was a great quality product second to S&S. Something to think about when considering motor options.

At the time Kendall made no bones about S&S motors having their own problems too. My point is THEY ALL DO!!! Me personally I would buy one and make sure proper break in was observed too. Also the spin issue is very possible, If you've got a relationship with S&S and you're running a shop that would be the last thing you would want to ruin. Kendall probably gets S&S motors for peanuts!!!---Drew
Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
Not to mention endorsments.

I'm glad you brought that Thread back, Drew!!!!!!!!

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 06-30-2006, 04:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
ill only say this. s&s doesnt apply pressure neither does ultima or tp or revtech or anyone. thats a big reach and stretch.

what they do is LOWER your prices to get you to use them. no pressure...unless you call "hey we really want you to continue using our product...maybe we can work on the dealer percentage a bit? if youd like me to look into it i can speak with so and so"

THAT IS PRESSURE of the kind you guys are talkin bout. means nothing, other than you are valued as a customer.

nobody is cuttin off KJ or raising his prices or pressuring him..thats for damn sure. him and s&s would have a very long standing relationship....since they have been doin motors for so long....alot of folks in the biz feel the same. including me. means next to nothing.

ps...this post isnt aimed at anyone, it is aimed at a rumor. and im just sayin that isnt how these companies do business.

Last edited by gypsy chopper; 06-30-2006 at 06:02 PM..
Old 06-30-2006, 04:10 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid in the works
Not Ranked     
Yeah that's really the kind of pressure I was speaking of, although I hear" Big Tony " and his buddy "MITTENS" from the "LA CHOPPA NOSTRA" have been known to pay late night visits with their Louisville Sluggers. (not that I know Tony or Mittens) (or think the CHOPPA Nostra is "real"). I've said too much and must go---Drew
Old 06-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Breaking Shit Since 1981
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: CFL Under the Knife
Send a message via Yahoo to wildwill8
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeway
I think maybe Poop is misunderstood, he seems like a good guy to me...

Poop is a good guy We have had a few beers at the bar a bullshited and he raged me about the revy

CAN YOU DRIVE BETTER WITH THAT CELL PHONE UP YOUR ASS
Old 06-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy chopper

ps...this post isnt aimed at anyone, it is aimed at a rumor. and im just sayin that isnt how these companies do business.

Brad, this isn't Meant for you, this is meant for others that are following this shit.

In my post I specifically Used the word rumor.

I Never Said that it was true.

I said it was believable. Especially when S&S has "Pressured" one specific Dealer

Cause he continued to post S&S prices on his web site about a year ago.

I just want to clear that up.

Also, I want it to be know that I am not in any way trashing Kendal Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason that I Even Brought that up is because someone else brought his name into this.

Every single time there is a debate about Ultima, His name and Supposed opinion always gets thrown in.

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Special Construction Chop
Not Ranked     
113" El Bruto
1000+
Stock
Probably...

Runs great... leaked first time I started the motor from the case. Unfortunately I bought it 12 months prior to the first time I started it... so they would not warranty the repair. After 800 miles rocker boxes started leaking.

They seem to be stand up guys from what I can tell though. Last year on the ride to Sturgis a friends bike had a new Ultima motor (127") which blew up on the way there. They threw it in a truck, got into Sturgis, made their way to the Ultima booth and the guy there offered to overnight a motor to Sturgis and have it installed. He ended up taking up to a builder in OK who warranted the motor and gave thim a new one. Apparently they outsource the motor assembly.

Last edited by Crucial; 06-30-2006 at 09:07 PM..