Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Electrical help needed
Last Post: Slutty22
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 446
Chopper styled hot rod trike
Last Post: DeathBySnuSnu
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 203
CFL build need help
Last Post: etmyers
Replies: 11
Views: 372
Morocco Racing Engine Block
Last Post: etmyers
Replies: 0
Views: 55
BBC Seat
Last Post: chopparch1217
Posted On: 09-17-2017
Replies: 0
Views: 65
More...
Old 09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2 custom choppers
Not Ranked     
Can't go wrong with S&S. I've got an old 96" built in 1997 and it's still running strong. Very strong...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 90 fat boy 113 el bruto
Not Ranked     
Just took over my sons project bike. We used the 113 .Its got incredable power . At 300 mi he some valve problem they shipped parts and paid our mech for the repair instantly! went to1000mi
now no problems. however we had it up for sale since July as he has run into some bad times and the bike is always first to go! The bike is very well done but buyers here in NJ all were afraid of the engine not holding up ! At least that seem to be the concern if it an't HD or SS they didn't hear about it!He had 26000 into it and we got shit offers . After e mailing a few members of this site I settled my own concerns and told him I'll buy it and keep it in the family !I was ready to sit my old tail down on a bagger and wait to get to the end of the line .I just hope this animal dosen't get me there too much quicker !!!! FT
Old 09-21-2005, 03:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: WAR EAGLE SINGLE SIDED PRO STREET
Not Ranked     
seamoose, so you think the resale on a custom with an El Bruto is not as good as with an S&S?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I can only tell of our experience here in s. jersey ! I had the bike at my place out here in the pinelands as there are tons of riders that come out here to escape the traffic and enjoy the pines and the bike frendly bars . The bike was put out every weekend from mid july . It wasn't uncommon to have 10 people that wanted the
parts list and even a lot called the shop that got the engine . But it kept comming back to the engine not being known except for seeing adds in mags . It seemed to scare the buyers We are talking about 14 to 16 grand for the bike ! he had 26 into it with the org cost of the bike being 13 . And I couldn't get 13000 for him so I sold mine (it was out front sat and sun ) and i'm giving him 13000 . It has 113 Hd trans w andrews cut gears wide tire kt strutless fender streached tanks chain drive back sprocket brake solo lepara and spike rims w new avon venoms all with 900 mi on it and I thought it was good we kept it titled as 90 HD FB But oh well !!! The bike looks good runs well didn't have tags but I snuck it out a few times . I run 345 a week to work so well see3 what happens . This board is giving me the willie s about the 113
Old 09-21-2005, 05:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
seamoose, this board could give anyone the willies about just about any product, i tend to follow folks positive results alot closer than the negative ones.
the negative experiences seem to speak alot louder, and more vehemently.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
been ridin mine all week..all month...everyday...well over 10k on it...was gonna tear into it this winter but nope...gonna ride it more...no probs...been 100deg down here in Tx...never misses a beat...on this thread alone there's much more positive than negative...dont buy one, i dont care...i'll buy another...buy a rev-tech, i hear they have a great warranty
Old 09-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thats good to hear ! before I comitted to buying it I looked at this site and e mailed 2 people that had written about owning 113 EB
Both e mailed back that they had good experience with them . I happened to be browsing for ideas yesterday and came to this thread and went to work this morn with a bad head about it all !!! I started a new career 2 mts ago after 21 yrs and took a big cut to do so . A new bike was not in the plan yet alone a chop ! I'm at bagger age anyway ! I'm thinking I could turn this into a super Heritage kind of thing / maybe some diamond plate stuff for trim and bags.I have to work on my tig work. I'ride to work and burning rubber isn't my thing so if the motor has been put together half decently I would hope to get 50000 mi out of it . The only thing on the bike that isn't new is the front half of the frame which we were going to strip and powder coat this winter .I thinking diamond plate florboards (Has extended on it) And I 'm 8 inches shorter than he is.And some signal lites(I'm making the chopper dudes sick) a snap on wind shield and somewhere to put bags or a rack to put my old man stuf in! maybe a tractor seat/ buns aren't as happy on that lepara solo as they used to be !!! ! thunder header to lower the pipes for bags and take the noise down a notch or two . The kid in me starts coming out thinking about this stuff i just have to not let the credit card come out !!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
you'll do fine whatever you choose...i'd like to have a hotrod bagger like youre describing...welcome to the club
Old 09-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Custom - Omen II
Not Ranked     
my 127 pulls like a freight train....i am verry happy with it for the money, I have a 120 ultima in my current build and would definalty buy another Ultima....however i am thinking S&S for my next one, I feel S&S has a better name for now and more people recognize it as 'quality'

SMW builds their own 'ultima' engines, so the internals/warranty may not be the same.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Sucker Punch Sally 113" 6 spd
Not Ranked     
Sorry I lost track of this thread...

Live2Ride, I got a Trik Shift 6 speed as part of the drivetrain package. I have heard good and bad about Ultima and Trik Shift on this forum. All I can say is so far, my set up is rock solid and completely reliable. And yes, I ride my bike hard.

Phantom gave me a great price on the entire package and also was very patient, answering all my dumb ass questions on the phone. I highly recommend El Bruto, Trik Shift, and Phantom Choppers.

www.phantomchoppers.com
Old 09-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Custom Soft tail, 113 S&S
Not Ranked     
Having had both motors in the same bike makes it easy to compare to two. The Ultima 113 clearly made more power and feels like it has a hotter cam than the S&S but both of the two Ultima's that I had made that power at the cost of a lot of mechanical noise and viberation in the valve train. The S&S 113 makes less power but feels like a more refined motor with less mechanical noise and the power band seems to be less edgy and better suited to street riding. Based on my experiences with both motors the nod goes to S&S even at the higher price.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
my 127 pulls like a freight train....i am verry happy with it for the money, I have a 120 ultima in my current build and would definalty buy another Ultima
Hey BOSS, how much difference is there between the 120 and the 127? I'm looking at a polished 120 for my build because it seems like it would be a bit more reliable without loosing out on to much power, but i'm looking for some experienced oppinions.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:29 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: carolina 250 113 el bruto
Send a message via AIM to chopperchris617
Not Ranked     
I have a pollished el bruto from phantom, looks great have not run yet . I just wanted to jump in sorry.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:15 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: o4 BlackCloud 113ci Ultima El ,Prowler6
Not Ranked     
With my 113 ,I did have an oil leak problem about 2 months after I had it. It was leaking at the rear of the motor at cases were it bolts to the rear motor mount.

I called KenFrancis ( designer and head of Ultima engines)
He had me try a few things that did'nt work so he said pull it and take it to there factory (here in St. Louis)

I took the engine in on a Thursday and 4 days later(working days) they called and said my engine was ready.

They completly rebuilt it with new cases and have'nt had a problem since....

They never hesitate to help or answer any questions....

I went on a poker run last Sunday( around 200 miles +) and was at my fifth stop (bar) and was checken out bikes and there was one dude with beutiful chop with a 125 PatrikRacing engine (11k)was looking fr someone with allen wrenches. He had rocker boxes leaking and his oil pump was puken oil at the cases.
So I guess anything can happen to any brand engine..
Old 09-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Modified Ultima Wolf Daddy, 93" Panhead
Send a message via AIM to HotRodKush
Not Ranked     
Just took my 127" ultima for the first long ride today. "Frieght Train" is right man, that thing has balls. I wouldnt exactly call it a smooth ride, but it was definately a trip.

Fuckin loud too.