Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Whats this Thing Worth??????
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: Today
Replies: 8
Views: 476
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: sporty5
Posted On: 12-13-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 16,414
West Coast Choppers CFL dam near complete parts build for sale!!
Last Post: Killerone719
Posted On: 12-12-2019
Replies: 35
Views: 9,741
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 12-06-2019
Replies: 48
Views: 23,046
Eyes
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 12-04-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 2,360
More...
Old 05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 BMC Hooligan 88 C.I.
Not Ranked     
For Don, also known as HDCERTIFIEDMECH

Morgan Hill, CA.- April, 6th, 2005. Custom Chrome announced today that Geoff Burgess, Senior Vice President/Chief Technical Officer and world renowned V-Twin engine authority, has fully endorsed the RevTech Gen. III engine lineup. The following are Geoff's statements and reasons for his endorsement:

"I have been at Custom Chrome for several months and in this time have visited our Far East operation, suppliers and engine manufacturing facility. I found these vendors to be world class with the appropriate quality certification pedigree, ISO, QS and industry knowledge. I have made an in depth technical analysis of our RevTech line of power plant and driveline products and reviewed the RevTech warranty information that has been collected since the introduction of the initial RevTech Engines in October of 1999.

I have analyzed our RevTech products with the engineering team in terms of design, materials, specifications, properties and applications. I have found them to meet or exceed the V Twin industry standards for motorcycle, air cooled, over-head valve, engine and transmission design practices. The RevTech engine design has evolved over several years from conception and has seen progressive improvements particularly in the Gen III design. I have investigated the durability and reliability issues in all RevTech Engine designs, the corresponding engineering solutions and found them to be robust. These facts are reflected in the warranty data. There have been some recent oil system changes to the Gen III engine which have improved power output, drive-ability and decreased oil temperatures. In fact, continuous improvement will be our strategy to further enhance our power plant and overall performance while delivering increased value to the end user.

Therefore, based on the above information, it is my judgment that our 2005 catalog RevTech Gen III engine line up of 100" 4x4 and the 110" engine have a robust and solid design and are an industry standard product. I endorse the new 3 year/30,000 mile warranty on all Gen III RevTech engines. Future planned performance and competitive enhancements will prove that these engines can be further improved and continue to satisfy our market segment customers."

The new warranty effective on Gen III engines sold on or after March 1, 2005, extends the current 4x4 Revtech 100" engine from 2 year/ 20,000 miles and the 110" from 1 year/10,000 miles to an industry leading
3 year/30,000 mile warranty.

Along with the extended engine warranty Custom Chrome also announces a RevTech oil system upgrade for all Gen III engines. This upgrade developed by the Custom Chrome in-house R&D staff offers lower operating temperatures and a slight increase in horsepower. The performance upgrade is now available for all Gen III RevTech engines from the 100" 4x4 to the "2005 Engine of the Year" 110". Call the Custom Chrome Tech line to obtain information.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: garage built 127
Not Ranked     
?

??
Old 05-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Re: ?

Quote:
Originally posted by docrob
??
go to the second page in this forum and look for the thread Revtech Engines and Trannies
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1965 Electraglide,2000 Nightrain
Not Ranked     
When John A. Davidson handed me my certification on Dec 11 , 1981. I just didnt see that guy there.
I wonder if he could teach me how to run a Monarch 10EE Toolmakers lathe?
Running the lathe part is getting mean I suppose.
He is centainly better looking than me however.

Don
Old 05-24-2005, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74 Ironhead
Send a message via Yahoo to RippoDippo
Not Ranked     
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rev 3.jpg (24.9 KB, 321 views)
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1340 chopper in the works
Not Ranked     
Richard Nixon: I am not a crook!
Bill Clinton: I did not have sex with that woman!
Everyone else: Who gives a f**K!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1965 Electraglide,2000 Nightrain
Not Ranked     
Reading the Add above, saw the statment for the R/T stuff that it meets or exceeds the industry standard.
Just what is the industry standard, who sets this undefined standard?
Is it Harley whos 1936 design is the basis of nearly all aftermarket engines.
Is the secret of the industry standard hidden in the Far East and kept by temple monks. Is the industry standard set by the guy in the add surrounded by import engines.
Does the guy in the add need to talk to Fulie to realize that the R/T engine of the past are in Fulies word "ucky", Seems that this fellow may base his industry standard as "ucky"

Don
Old 05-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Don, you need to learn how to be a little more humble and not as much of an ass. You seem to think you are THE mechanic to end all other mechanics. Do you hav eany idea how many OTHER guys have also received that same piece of paper that you did? I've also noticed whenever another person talks about their abilities, or, someone is recognized and given a position high in a company you laugh at them as if they are not "really" qualified. Yet you want everyone else to believe ONLY you are God's chosen mechanic.

Fuck dude, get off your high horse for krise sake! You're a fucking grease monkey.....er, a Harley mechanic. Wow!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Ya know what? It's 3:06 PM. I am leaving work right now, it's 80 degrees outside and I'm going riding.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Custom Build, 1994 Wideglide
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by 8-Ball
Ya know what? It's 3:06 PM. I am leaving work right now, it's 80 degrees outside and I'm going riding.

Fuck it...I'm out too....tired of Don's shit!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: garage built 127
Not Ranked     
lucky you, it is 5:30 and i am still stuck at work.
"??" was done because i dont understand why this shit keeps getting recycled.
i happen to prefer ultima. best performance for the buck. dont think so? race one at the next light and find out.
just because some corporate fag says a product is great does not make it so. kia and hyundai have kick ass warranties but a suck ass product. info-mercials are full of awesome warranties like the spraypaint for your baldspot that is guareateed to work instantly or your money back, the flowbee which will give you the best haircut you ever had or your money back, that gazelle workout thing that for 10 min a day, 3 times a week will transform your pizza and beer body into a rock hard sex machine or your money back. or maybe your toolbox is lacking the most versatile tool ever- the gatorgrip socket. it replaces your entire snap-on, matco, or craftsman socket collection with one tool! get rid of that cumbersome roll-away and make space for another bike! if it ever breaks they will replace it FREE!!! for LIFE!!!!
??
Old 05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
hdfactorycertif clean out your pm's
Old 05-24-2005, 04:08 PM
All American Nightmare
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 08 BrosCo Bare Bones Custom 120ci Ultima
Not Ranked     
I agree with doc, that warranty makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, if you want I will take a dump in a box and sugar coat it with that warranty. The whole point is the product is a terd!!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I still don't get why no one ever bashes BDL this way too