Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Trikes first run (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/shop-talk/123242-trikes-first-run.html)

Spartacus 09-04-2021 05:34 PM

Trikes first run

Took the trike an the first run tonight and it handles like crap. The front ends all over the place. Iíve never ridden a trike before but I know it shouldnít handle like it is. Any thoughts? Everythingís tight. The rear end is centered.

STEINBVG 09-05-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus (Post 1288446)
Took the trike an the first run tonight and it handles like crap. The front ends all over the place. Iíve never ridden a trike before but I know it shouldnít handle like it is. Any thoughts? Everythingís tight. The rear end is centered.

Details?. Slow and night speed behavior. Effort to turn handlebars. High speed Wobble?

Spartacus 09-05-2021 03:45 PM

Actually didn’t even get out of first gear. It was just drifting. No wobble.

STEINBVG 09-05-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus (Post 1288449)
Actually didnít even get out of first gear. It was just drifting. No wobble.

You mean the front wheel was plowing not rolling in turns?
Could it be a differential issue?
Also, when you roll the bike with engine off in out of the storage, weíre you able to turn it around ?

Spartacus 09-07-2021 05:33 AM

Stein. In a straight run, it was wondering. When I roll it, it’s fine.
Just an FYI. I

jovibuilt 09-10-2021 04:48 PM

Trikes rake and trail are different than bikes. My cousin had a Frankenstein trike and had to change the triple tress for it to be ride able. Go to the Frankenstein web site and read about it. Hope you get it figured out.

pushrod243 09-11-2021 12:22 PM

Trikes rear contact patch overpowers the tiny front tire. The best way to dial it in is lower the air pressure in the rear wheels. It will allow the rear tires to flex thier sidewalls before trying to push the front wheel. On my Spyder I can tell the difference in 5lb increments. I imagine a trike will react similar. At least its worth a try.....

Spartacus 09-19-2021 04:29 PM

Thanks John I’ll give it a try and let you know how I make out. Jovi. Thanks. I’ll also check out Frankenstein

jovibuilt 10-06-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus (Post 1288501)
Thanks John Iíll give it a try and let you know how I make out. Jovi. Thanks. Iíll also check out Frankenstein

Did you get it figured out?

Spartacus 10-23-2021 12:26 PM

Not yet. Been so damn busy. Haven’t even looked at it. Took a video today. Obviously The stance is different on a trike that a bike but When I shake the front end it rocks.
How do I post a video on here?