Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Shop Talk (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/shop-talk/)
-   -   Woke up to this! (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/shop-talk/123223-woke-up.html)

R1_4Life 07-17-2021 02:21 PM

Woke up to this!

2 Attachment(s)
🤷🏽*♂️ She was fine when I put her to bed last night..

STEINBVG 07-18-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1_4Life (Post 1288273)
🤷🏽*♂️ She was fine when I put her to bed last night..

Shit. That sucks. What is your explanation? Recall of the day?
Mind you, yesterday was a Saturday night…

R1_4Life 07-18-2021 10:14 AM

Nothing out of the ordinary. Rode a couple of hours, got home, locked her up and went in for the evening. I wake and get ready to roll out and instantly notice the leaking fork first. Then this big ass gash like someone hit it with a damn hatchet, like WTF ����*♂️!

golfish 07-21-2021 05:53 PM

The good thing is that your "woke"

R1_4Life 07-23-2021 12:47 PM

Golfish, great point! Definitely grateful, but how the hell do I fix this leak ��

STEINBVG 07-23-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1_4Life (Post 1288290)
Golfish, great point! Definitely grateful, but how the hell do I fix this leak ��

I can,t see from the picture where the leak is coming from. Is it from under the tree, where the tube plug is screwed in?

R1_4Life 07-25-2021 06:56 AM

Check out the 2nd pic. There's signs of oil running down the aft side of the left fork leg starting at the bottom of the top triple clamp.

JamesS 07-25-2021 09:04 AM

The fork legs screw up into the top tree.
Loosen the lower tree clamps and use a strap wrench to tighten the leg back up, do both legs.
All of 15 minutes.

R1_4Life 07-28-2021 05:25 PM

THANKS James!

golfish 07-29-2021 07:09 PM

I have to lol. When I read the OP I thought we were looking at the gouges in the top triple tree...

Please let us know if the fix James gave you works...

Spade115 08-02-2021 06:34 AM

im not gonna lie, I was thinking you were freaking out about the gouges also....I was super confused lol.

R1_4Life 08-09-2021 11:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Originally I was talking about the gouges and the leak. They both seemed to have occured at the same time. But that's old news, lol. You not going to believe this sh!T!!!

My angel was with me yesterday on this one!
I must've put in a good 150 miles yesterday on them backroads. Get home last night and my last red-light stop, I noticed the front end felt different.. Wake this morning, do the usual walk around before leaving for work... 👀😳😱😩🤢🤮😭😡🤬🥶⚰️

Spade115 08-09-2021 11:34 AM

dude, glad your ok, and now maybe someone went at it with a pick or something? Thats fucking crazy.

R1_4Life 09-18-2021 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey my lower triple tree has an odd shaped Allen bolt going through it from the bottom side. It's almost shaped like a four leaf clover. I'm trying to figure out what kind of bit is required for removal! Any thoughts? (No pics currently. I can get some later tonight)

JamesS 09-18-2021 06:02 PM

If you mean the one in the center of the lower tree , thats an allen set screw to lock the fork stem to the lower tree. Prolly best if its tight...