Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
2004 Bourget Retro
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 156
18-530 Wiring Harness Mounting Location?
Last Post: rstarost
Replies: 0
Views: 33
18-530 Wiring Harness Mounting Location?
Last Post: rstarost
Views: 45
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 19
Views: 541
New Forum Member
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: Yesterday
Views: 43
More...
Old 06-30-2020, 06:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1977 HD Superglide FXE, shovel head
Not Ranked     
LAF Pipes: Shovel vs. Evo Price Difference???

so...

I had a set of LAF pipes that I was going to instal on my early 90s EVO but that entire build went to shit..(long story that I won't get into right now) however, I still had the pipes in the garage.

before I sold them, I really liked the way they looked on the shovel (I just held them in place)...and was thinking of purchasing a set for my 1977 shovel. but Whoa! the price difference!!!

I think I paid around $85-$95 EVO set back in 2002. that price really hasn't changed all that much since then but, man...$199 for the shovel version? I mean...why???

Twisted choppers makes a slightly cooler looking version of it but those are nearly $400 in raw steel.

anyone know why the shovels exhaust is so much more??? I hope its not a "because they can" reason.

anyway, sorry for the rant but that just threw me off.

Help spread the word of 1940's hotrods: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=422177
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2020, 07:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlobulldog View Post
so...

I had a set of LAF pipes that I was going to instal on my early 90s EVO but that entire build went to shit..(long story that I won't get into right now) however, I still had the pipes in the garage.

before I sold them, I really liked the way they looked on the shovel (I just held them in place)...and was thinking of purchasing a set for my 1977 shovel. but Whoa! the price difference!!!

I think I paid around $85-$95 EVO set back in 2002. that price really hasn't changed all that much since then but, man...$199 for the shovel version? I mean...why???

Twisted choppers makes a slightly cooler looking version of it but those are nearly $400 in raw steel.

anyone know why the shovels exhaust is so much more??? I hope its not a "because they can" reason.

anyway, sorry for the rant but that just threw me off.
Are these the pipes?
Have you even tried them on? I got them when I rebuilt this bike to right side drive. They were fitting and reasonably priced , but I had to change them to set of custom welded ones . I could not tune up the bike . My idle speed pull vary, very sensitive to temp variations, they offer no back pressure + they are significantly different in length.

Here is what I have now.
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 1998/2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech FL 2014/2019 bobber
Old 06-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1977 HD Superglide FXE, shovel head
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEINBVG View Post
Are these the pipes?
Have you even tried them on? I got them when I rebuilt this bike to right side drive. They were fitting and reasonably priced , but I had to change them to set of custom welded ones . I could not tune up the bike . My idle speed pull vary, very sensitive to temp variations, they offer no back pressure + they are significantly different in length.

Here is what I have now.
Yes sir! Those are it.
The ones I had were for EVO motors. Not for shovels. The flange is different. I would need to get the ones for late model Shovelheads 71-84 that have the single bolt flange.

But yes, I did hear they are a bitch to tune up since the pipes are radically different lengths. So I probably wonít get them. But man, why the Huge price Difference??? I can see maybe $20 or so but shit! Itís $100 difference for the same pipes.

Help spread the word of 1940's hotrods: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=422177
Sponsored Links