Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Need help all around.
Last Post: KyloRyn
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 65
Spade belt guard work with BDL TF2000?
Last Post: Damraider
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 161
shift linkage
Last Post: rem hamilton
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 126
Brake Lines
Last Post: caymanchris
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 986
Who makes a Hydraulic Twist clutch setup?
Last Post: slytat666
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 10
Views: 1,391
More...
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2017, 08:02 AM
STEINBVG's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Posts: 3,053
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC2016 View Post
I run a 300 rear and 21 speedmaster up front. Both are mic'd in perfectly and the bike is left side heavy without any offset, even going straight. Having the primary sticking out on the left with all of the other heavy Harley bits, makes it that way.
Wow, 300 tire with LSD? That,s a radical setup.
Although. Walz Hardcore Cycles runs his bikes consistently with 250+ tires and stubbornly uses LSD i guess for clean looks.
I wonder how he gets away with left sid3 being heavy an dell his bikes for 60-70k
__________________
VITALY.
SORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE. I AIN'T YELLING. I JUST MAKE TOO MANY TYPOS IN THE LOWER.

113"s&s, Walz softail 2000/2012 prostreet
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech rigid 2014 bobber
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 87
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEINBVG View Post
Wow, 300 tire with LSD? That,s a radical setup.
Although. Walz Hardcore Cycles runs his bikes consistently with 250+ tires and stubbornly uses LSD i guess for clean looks.
I wonder how he gets away with left sid3 being heavy an dell his bikes for 60-70k
Nope, RSD. I failed to mention that
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2017, 05:59 PM
STEINBVG's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Posts: 3,053
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC2016 View Post
Nope, RSD. I failed to mention that
Strange, that with such a setup it,s not balanced. What could be heavy on the left side? Do you have something like 4” belt drive with outside bearing support?
__________________
VITALY.
SORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE. I AIN'T YELLING. I JUST MAKE TOO MANY TYPOS IN THE LOWER.

113"s&s, Walz softail 2000/2012 prostreet
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech rigid 2014 bobber

Last edited by STEINBVG; 12-02-2017 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 87
Not Ranked     
I think it's just the way this rig rides. Doesn't lean or anything, it just doesn't ride like my Dyna!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:05 PM
STEINBVG's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Posts: 3,053
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC2016 View Post
I think it's just the way this rig rides. Doesn't lean or anything, it just doesn't ride like my Dyna!
Funny thing, my Walz Hardcore frame was originally set for LSD, before 250 tires came to market, 230 was the king. Eauropeans were blowing the tire up on 15” rims as wide as 10-11”. I had 10”. Had to put the tire on with an explosion in order to seal.
I had 0.5” offset in the motor, +rear chain drive and still needed about 2” offset in the tranny/ primary. Now, THAT was left side heavy despite any modifications/ experiments with weight.

Eventually I couldn,t take it , I switched to Rsd , a new swing arm, + new 300 rim/ tire . That eliminated the trany offset, but the engine offset remains. I centered the wheels using a string and, perhaps by luck have great balance with my new setup.

I couldn’t stand even slight one sided pull on the bikes, with time it,s a bit fatiguing. . It is a pleasure to ride a bike that plows dead center and you can let go the handlebars.
I don,t know, perhaps extra weight on the light side- like a heavy tool bag might do the trick if necessary.
__________________
VITALY.
SORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE. I AIN'T YELLING. I JUST MAKE TOO MANY TYPOS IN THE LOWER.

113"s&s, Walz softail 2000/2012 prostreet
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech rigid 2014 bobber
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 87
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEINBVG View Post
Funny thing, my Walz Hardcore frame was originally set for LSD, before 250 tires came to market, 230 was the king. Eauropeans were blowing the tire up on 15” rims as wide as 10-11”. I had 10”. Had to put the tire on with an explosion in order to seal.
I had 0.5” offset in the motor, +rear chain drive and still needed about 2” offset in the tranny/ primary. Now, THAT was left side heavy despite any modifications/ experiments with weight.

Eventually I couldn,t take it , I switched to Rsd , a new swing arm, + new 300 rim/ tire . That eliminated the trany offset, but the engine offset remains. I centered the wheels using a string and, perhaps by luck have great balance with my new setup.

I couldn’t stand even slight one sided pull on the bikes, with time it,s a bit fatiguing. . It is a pleasure to ride a bike that plows dead center and you can let go the handlebars.
I don,t know, perhaps extra weight on the light side- like a heavy tool bag might do the trick if necessary.
The first couple of bikes I built in 2000 had the 0.5" and 1" offset on the primary to accommodate a 200mm tire. That seems so archaic looking back on what had to be done to get a puny 200 on! There is no offset on my rigid 300, and I am able to ride down the road without hands.

In the beginning, when I was first figuring this bike building thing out, I didn't have everything lined up perfectly. I learned through several builds, that EVERYTHING from front wheel spacing, engine, transmission, belt/chain, and rear wheel all need to be perfectly straight. I have made countless wheel spacers to get everything perfect. It certainly has made tire wear and readability better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubchopper.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. clubchopper.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the clubchopper.com
Links monetized by VigLink