Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CHOPPER SHOP/TECH AREA > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
DNA cycle products headlight
Last Post: Brihojo
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 28
Owner's manual
Last Post: Brihojo
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 76
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 09-26-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,183
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 09-25-2020
Replies: 13
Views: 129
Wanted texas chopper risers
Last Post: 1fastlowblow
Posted On: 09-22-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 552
More...
Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Tdc..?.?.

I'm looking through my timing hole and just trying to verify ....... Is the tick mark on the flywheel indication that the front cylinder is TDC?? It's a 2007 113" ultima motor
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Withdrawn.... Found the info. Sorry my bad
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I remove the spark plug.
I install a pencil point down the hole.
I now feel the pencil come up and go down.
I did see this one mark for TDC.
I have to roll the crank backwards from that TDC mark.
I now find the advance mark on any twin crank/multi crank/show me the crank and I'll show you the two different marks... Never mind... figured it out.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Ok. So I'm trying find top dead center for front cylinder. The manual says the mark in the timing hole is T:F. So I got it in my timing hole but I can't get it exactly centered in timing hole. When I do it rolls back putting it about halfway in the timing hole. Is this close enough to do what I need to do (adjust pushrods) or does it have to be perfectly centered in timing hole ??

Bye the way, even though u talk in code and half the stuff u say I dnt quite understand I appreciate u reaching out to me and trying o help CNTRHUB
Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004War Eagle
Not Ranked     
ADJUSTING PUSH-RODS:

Rotate engine until exhaust lifter just starts to open valve, or exhaust lifter just starts to rise,
adjust intake push rod; rotate engine (counter clockwise from left side, or primary side of engine) until intake valve, or intake lifter rises to total lift, then keep rotating engine until valve, or lifter closes approximately half way, then adjust exhaust pushrod.
Repeat for other cyl. using opening and closing of lifters, or valves on that cyl.

Remember, all rotations of the engine are done counter clockwise on primary side of engine.....
Old 10-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Get what you can out of it.

EOIC

Exhaust begins to Open = Set intake pushrod on that cylinder you be looking at the one cylinder only.
Intake begins to Close = That's when you adjust the exhaust pushrod of the same cylinder.

Do this for any engine no matter the cylinder count. That means, rocker arms, push rods, shim under bucket uses the same EOIC principal. Of course, the shim is for taking a measurement only. But if it's a rocker arm adjustment, leave the crank at the EOIC as you would the pushrods and adjust those.

By the book is another way of adjusting both rods at the same time is @ TDC. In first gear, begin to roll the bike so it stops at TDC and won't roll back on you... If you want to set the rods this way.