Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Rocky's Pure Kustom Paint & Leather

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 40
Views: 1,702
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-18-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 283
Owner's manual
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 10-16-2020
Replies: 6
Views: 286
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: MAKO6
Posted On: 10-14-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 157
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-13-2020
Replies: 19
Views: 578
More...
Old 09-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Pure KustomŽ Harley
Not Ranked     
what do you think should be done, after????

what do you think should be done, after???? all the clean up and recovery?

It is sad that the poor people in New Orleans Lost there lives.lost relatives, Lost there homes, there jobs and most lost everything.

Should they rebuild? If it is a total loss. FEMA said 85 to 95 % of homes and business are gone. Or damaged to the point of having to be destroyed. Hospitals will never be sterile again. nothing will ever be the same again.

What would you do?

Chernobyl was abandoned. I know This is not the same but it could happen again there. It is a bowl.......
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 BBC Venom Chopper, S&S 96
Not Ranked     
It certainly can be rebuilt. It will be quite some time before any reconstruction can and will take place aside from levee repair work. Once the area has been drained, the Feds will have to run tests of the area for contamination, etc.
Only then will we have an idea of the cost and time involved.
It is possible to rebuild the city and make it better. Simply because it is a bowl and below sea level is no reason. Look at Holland and dike system they have.
We are great because of our tremendous resources and technical capabilities. They can be brought to bear in this situation.
Chernobyl has persistent lingering problems with radiation at dangerous levels.
I guess it remains to be seen what kinds of contamination are present throughout the area of New Orleans.
Damn nice place before this happened. Of all the places I've visited, New Orleans is my favorite. Of course I'd never go there during the summertime. I can't stand that heat and humidity.
But it's been home to many great people and if it can come back, it sure would be nice to get it back.
The French Quarter is built on the highest land in the area. It can be reclaimed easily (compared to the rest of New Orleans).
With its richness and diversity among the wealthy and the poor, it's a place with special character. It will live on in my memory at least.

The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Old 09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: > 1
Not Ranked     
I think it's safe to say N.O. will never be the same. It will likely be over a year before the debris is handled. On top of that, it would take years to fortify or reconstruct homes and businesses. Since it's in an area that's susceptible to this event again, it will be very difficult for a business to rebuild, assuming their carriers would even insure them there any longer. And during that 1-2 years, many will likely startup elsewhere in order to stay afloat. Alot of hard work and hard decisions ahead. At this point, I'd like to see a federally supported effort to fortify the levees and flood walls, rebuild downtown N.O. to an even better tourist area, and relocate as many homes as possible to higher ground. Focus on fostering tourism and expanding residential areas. Hurricane season might get a little slow, but so what. The damage to the oil rigs also begs the question about tapping into other strategic oil supplies, like Alaska, and building and upgrading refineries. But, unfortunately my gut says the city will be a shell of itself. Hopefully not.

Last edited by Gearhead; 09-04-2005 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 CFL
Not Ranked     
Let see, not only was it under sea level but it was also sinking. It will happen again, not if. I think once is enough. I think a better use of the low laying areas could be found. But as alway it will boil down to poltics. Which equals $$$, which means the ones with money are going to make the call based on thier vested interest in it.

Insurance if FL is out of comtrol after last year four hurricanes, can't imagine what it will be like if they rebuild that sinkhole.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: All thats custom
Not Ranked     
I think it would be cool and a big attraction if the made our own little Vienna in the USA.A city on the water it would create many jobs for those that live there and would bring great tourism.
Thats just my 2 cents
Old 09-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Big Bear Merc S&S 96
Not Ranked     
I think what happend down there is sad, I fell sorry for some of those people, not all, I was watching fox news the night of the storm, the french qtr still had bars open and people partying, Shep Smith even asked one of the partyers why he was still there and was told to fuck off on live tv. alot of those people could not leave but they could have made it to the dome, out of the 70,000 cap. there were only about 9000 that intially showed up. the rest came the next day crying for help. this will happen again, maybe not in our lifetime, but if they rebuild New Orleans with our tax dollars, they need to find out how far the water came inland, mark that spot and build north from that piont. dredge the rest. Take the loss of coastline and start new. Sounds cold I know but I'm a realist.