Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Rocky's Pure Kustom Paint & Leather

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 40
Views: 1,702
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-18-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 283
Owner's manual
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 10-16-2020
Replies: 6
Views: 286
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: MAKO6
Posted On: 10-14-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 157
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-13-2020
Replies: 19
Views: 578
More...
Old 06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1958 FL, 1978 Shovel Frankenbike
Not Ranked     
Just remember that everones a RUB compared to a third word street kid, that can't afford to eat.

G
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Softail Chopper, 07 FXSTC
Not Ranked     
Funny thread! I got called a RUB the other day and I just laughed.

I've been a biker since I was 4 years old, riding with my dad on his pan. I have loved and ridden bikes every since.

Now I'm 41, work 40 hours a week and my bike is paid for. I don't get a lot of time off to go riding but I still spend most of my time working on my bike. Why am I suddenly a RUB because I have a few bucks? Is it the college degree I earned after 10 years of trying to make a living without one?

Labels suck plain and simple! It's what's in your heart that counts, not your wallet!
Scooter Babes Thread #1 Most Viewed!
I could use a beer about now!
Old 06-16-2005, 02:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1953 H-D Panhead/2010 FXDWG Vivid Black-
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

The term RUB has been around since the 70's..it was the guys that had the early Ness style choppers that were built for them, they never turned a wrench on them, drove the new Corvette's, and would sell their bike the minute they hit some loose gravel, that might damage their pretty faces...
You never saw them at the local hangouts or bike shops, that was too low brow for their status...
You saw them only on sunny Sundays on the main drag, posing for some girls, and taking them on a very short ride to the latest trendy dance joint..
They were snobs and short timer trend riders...

Too bad the same label has been used on some legit riders getting their feet wet and clothes oily now that they got the business of living and raising a family out of the way...
I just never grew out of having that "edge" no matter where I was...but I don't fault anyone wanting to ride, it's fun!

I just say "welcome to the tribe of the road.."

http://www.makochemedia.com/mp3s/tjhour_window.html
Old 06-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Softail Chopper, 07 FXSTC
Not Ranked     
So it's my Vette that's causing the problem. Ok then I guess it has to go!

LOL
Scooter Babes Thread #1 Most Viewed!
I could use a beer about now!
Old 06-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: ex-79 rodded sportie, now crippled
Not Ranked     
i dunno if i even have the right to jump in here on account that i can't ride anymore [quadriplegic as of '90] so i ain't a 'biker' no longer..but i used to ride iron and just back b4 havin an hd was a fad...even if it was that infamous '79 aka kinked-rear-friggin-pipe-joke chopped sportie..

rocky, i know i sent you a pm recently where i, as an aside, derided james, occ, etc. for 'sellin out' to greed..plus i just don't dig folks who act like they practice 'mean faces' [----> jj] in front of mirror to terrorize hollywood types and boobtube watchers
hehe..
i dunno how the custom bike scene is today but the so called rubs, willing to pay any price way over what the going rate is at the time, drove the cost of gettin some work done on rodded/custom cagers to ungodly levels..and ALL shops followed suite, even those with no reputation or actual true skill...even mediocre work- whether body, chasis, or mill hop up- now costs so much more than it did say a decade ago, even accounting fr inflation that i am simply unable to get my 36 stude out of my parents' driveway [only allowed 1 parking space where i live] and on the asphalt where all bikes/cars belong...

i didn't fight/promote for money like that texas dude althought that sounded like a cool gig rather for free in bars and did have a couple of probations for 'selling' a blade to some bastards who thought a baseball bat or a 2x4 beats a blade...it was self defense..yeah i chased him but...sorry-whole other story hehe.....

i was sayin..oh yeah, i was always a poor ass bastard and in my short life between 15 and 23 years old worked 40 or so gigs like on long distance ocean going scalloper, gypsy cab in nyc, stint with the navy [ no money and boring and was always getting busted down in rank/paycheck for getting arrested outside of base-i left service as a recruit just like i started hehe], mason and all kinds of construction shit, etc etc but still could barely afford to keep my ride on the road...well, lust for all out partyin didn't help..but it was at least doable with wrenching help from some buds who well knew how to tear into a mill..

now my hands are paralyzed and i have no balance/control from me chest down, getting blood etc infections all the time not to mention crazy pain on 24/7 basis, inability to sweat [heat strokes on monthly basis, piss, shit, and jest about anything else on my own- in short i'm unemployable and live literally on $650 monthly disability pay of which i luckily pay only $160 for rent...i do sell some domains now and then but until recently it was to support a hard habit because i couldn't deal with pain..
anyways, with my daily ride burning about 7-10 miles per gallon, depending on how hard i ride her [it's rarely 10 hehe] and me unable to even hold a bleeding scrwdriver in my hand nearly all i have left after food and utilities goes to keep my daily wheels riding healthy..and that's even only possible because i found a cool old timer mechanic who treats me, my cutlass and my wallet right.
i'll likely get buried in my stude b4 i'll get her out on a road,and that's because the prices for any kind of work are out of my range..i could gradually afford to pay for work on my stude at decade-ago prices but no more and it's thanx to these 'rubs' who drove the standard of prices waay up because they don't care how much they overpay over going rate as long as they have a bad ass set of wheels to floor their golfing/planet hollywood buddies.

the cost of work charged by shops is akin to the car auctions,the going rate goes up according to what was paid at a time and it's on the steep curve upward..i'm only hoping to obide my time when this hot rod/muscle fad will die down as most such do in the world of the famous, rich and glamorous and shops will suddenly NOT be overwhelmed with orders and shall drop their prices..otherwise my stude dream will remain a pipe dream..but i don't have too much longer left judging by how my body's shutting down lately so i'll hafta likely wait until i'll get to hogheaven before getting my kicks on the road as i dream of...shit they better not have helmet laws or make ya wear these bleeding white sheets/robes..i can deal wiith harpplaying as long as ya can put some hot pick ups on em through marshalls..but i digress..again..

well, there are people with integrity still, such as in the custom gun industry as i analogized in my pm to you rock... linebaugh, bowen, reeder, etc are among the top in the gun scene yet they charge the same prices as they did before it became a fad [although one does have to wait longer for his custom piece] due to a lot of ink about them in gun mags ..in fact i'm slowly saving up on a side for a custom bowen on a superredhawk frame in .500 linebaugh as my arms/wrists can still handle such a cannon as long as i'll have a device to secure my hand to a gun and some trick trigger device..STOP DIGRESSING...!!sorry..these guys don't betray their integrity by charging more even though they're overwhelmed with orders from rich bastards willing to pay 5 times their going rate just to be first to get that 'braging rights' piece to make their pals envious...but custom auto industry isn't like these old timers and it's because of those 'rubs' showering them with riches. and thus i can't afford to get my baby out on the freeway even though the rubs don't give a bloody frig about their megabuck ride nearly as much as i do..

but you of course also have a point rock cause nothin's all b&w and in yer case, as i have said-your work with leather is fuckin a top notch and unparallelled imho...worth eevery penny you charge for it...
ditto for your argument about the evolution of custom work...the shit i see today was undreamed of when was still in the wind in the mid to late 80s...although i still dig a simple rigid bobber with a short springer and apehangers in basic black and chrome [my dream sled from back when] without all these ultra trick wheels wider than a pro street cage and hubless bleeding wheels ...i love lookin at these sick rides but if i still could, today i'd likely would ride a simple stripped down scoot...except maybe for a screaming mill from revtech,s&s, etc instead of just worked hd mill...shit...lost my train of thought...wtf was my point? ah fuck it at least i vented...holy sheep shit did i just type all this..????

sorry all, for this novel can't sleep cause me bleeding leg has a wound that ya can see my knee bone through and this is my newfangled way of killing the pain i sppose besides whipping my cutlass on a road..ya vcan just remove this post mr. mod if it's pointless hehe..

Last edited by juras; 06-16-2005 at 07:01 AM..
Old 06-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Rigid
Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure Kustom
man those stories suck. Glade everything worked out ok Tommy's Cycle .
You should have said those stories Stunk...then "Glade" everything worked out ok" would have been funny!

...you smell that???
Old 06-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Pure KustomŽ Harley
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Milenko
You should have said those stories Stunk...then "Glade" everything worked out ok" would have been funny!

...you smell that???
ok I am writing that down . lol
Old 07-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
whats the point?
no one person is cashing in anyway
this was never about money,greed,or bike shows,it was never about nice neat little family clubs where you can grill hot dogs and save the fuckin world man...it was about the few and how society hated them....now all of a sudden in the last 15 years everybody wants to be one...me myself aint a biker....i weld,build a little and fuck around...i never rode a bike i didnt build...but in my mind....bikers kill people and thats how it is brothers....everyone else are enthusiests
see if 80% of the biker community would drive through newark at 3 am and park under an overpass to take a quick hit.....or cruise thru the alabama projects in paterson to cop a bag
i lived it and have hung with 1%rs personally almost prospected but didnt...i like there attitude and atmosphere more than this lil hot dog stand we call the biker community
sees fashion is the main selling point for the whole thing and that aint or never will be what its about
its an ugly grim lifestyle filled with alot of hate
again....i know i been there
and would never call myself a biker
go to third street in manhattan nyc and tell them your a biker
lol
see where that getts ya!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Posted by Sickchoppers:
"its an ugly grim lifestyle filled with alot of hate"

Sounds like you've been watching "Easy Rider" on Comcast On-Demand!

To me, the discussion is pointless really...every hobby, sport, or occupation has its' lower edge and upper crust...if you know where you fit in the spectrum, and are happy with your location, then what of it?

If a person is not happy with their position, they can aspire upward or downward to their comfort level (which may be relative as some view the lower edge as the best place to be).

Now I have to go and figure out why I post to these threads - and aspire not to!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:28 AM
'03 AIH/113" S&S
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 AIH 113"
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Milenko
To me, the discussion is pointless really...every hobby, sport, or occupation has its' lower edge and upper crust...if you know where you fit in the spectrum, and are happy with your location, then what of it?
Milenko is right, there are 1%'s in all aspects of society. I used to be a hardcore collector of Beanie Babies, I was into that shit deep. Everyone thinks it's all about collecting, sharing and having fun right? Well I've seen shit go down like you wouldn't believe! Ever see someone get stabbed over a Beanie Baby in a riot at a convention? I have and it ain't pretty! Yeah there's the good times where you're laying there surrounded by the BB's drinking some Jack, doing some blow and shootin' up and shit. It ain't like that all the time and to get to that point can be down right nasty.

Luckily I got out and I'm only an enthusiast right now. But I still hate those RUBB's (Rich Urban Beanie Babiers) because they are the ones controlling everything in the industry and collecting all of the good BB's!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by RD Tejas
Well I've seen shit go down like you wouldn't believe! Ever see someone get stabbed over a Beanie Baby in a riot at a convention? I have and it ain't pretty! Yeah there's the good times where you're laying there surrounded by the BB's drinking some Jack, doing some blow and shootin' up and shit. It ain't like that all the time and to get to that point can be down right nasty.
Hilarious...absolutely...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 AM
'03 AIH/113" S&S
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
It's all about perspective : )
Old 07-01-2005, 06:02 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i feel for ya rd, i remember the beanie baby boom of the 80's
what with the foreign collectors buyin all the good ones up....and the asian forgeries....the shit was "off the hook" to say the least...
i cashed in big time....sold my entire collection for 42.50 back in 91. one day this bb craze will end, what with ebay and all the internet sales flooding the market....but the serious collectors will hang in there to pick up the pieces.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:12 AM
'03 AIH/113" S&S
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by gypsy chopper
i feel for ya rd, i remember the beanie baby boom of the 80's
what with the foreign collectors buyin all the good ones up....and the asian forgeries....the shit was "off the hook" to say the least...
i cashed in big time....sold my entire collection for 42.50 back in 91. one day this bb craze will end, what with ebay and all the internet sales flooding the market....but the serious collectors will hang in there to pick up the pieces.
Now that's funny shit!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:16 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
wanna buy an original red floppy?