Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Rocky's Pure Kustom Paint & Leather

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,258
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 25
Views: 716
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 58
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,776
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-18-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 315
More...
Old 06-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Pure KustomŽ Harley
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by T-rex
I guess I am an old dinosaur then. I prefer to do as much as I can
by myself rather than give someone my $.It gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment to do it myself.Dont get me wrong, i CANT do everything.but i try to do what I can.Take for example, my homemade prozac, ......works like a charm!
So do I, I have allot of pride in my bike, it is my life. I know how to design, do bodywork, paint,weld,fabricate,wire,and now seats. But I was lost on some of the mechanics part of it. So I had a friend help me. I told him to show me , not just do it for me. I wanted to learn. So if something happens I might know how to fix it. We also made all the cables and lines. Not bought , built and soldered. That was a bitch!!! It took me 3 years to save the money and a year and a half to build. at 40 to 60 hrs a week.

But some people just don't have the time to do it themselves. Which is cool with me. But others feel that because they bought there bike that they are just posers. That's B.S. Build what you like , buy what you like. Do what makes you happy.That's all that matters.

Last edited by Pure Kustom; 06-15-2005 at 06:33 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '99 ZRX1100, '01 FXD, '04 HardcoreII
Not Ranked     
Don't sweat it T-Rex.

RUB in itself doesn't mean anything. It's the attitude that comes with it that determines things. I've been in situations where the local Calvin Kline Cruisers show up and all of a sudden I feel like there's a party that I wasn't invited to. And I mean, damn, I overheard two grown men talking about how they keep their Sturgis T-shirts looking like new in the wash! My wife and I were surprised that we had more to talk about with a member of the Bandidos that was there with his hopped up Sportster. At least he was friendly and cool.

Hell, I'd be classified as a RUB based on my home, etc. But I'm not. For the true RUB, money solves everything and the greed for being able to solve everything with their money drives them. They really don't give a shit about anything else but that money. Oh, if the toys support the image they go for it, be it a Ferrari or a hand built WCC. It's all for show and usually not appreciated.

These are just my impessions of people I actually know, not talking about anyone here.

RogueFXD
Old 06-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
Quote:
their money drives them. They really don't give a shit about anything else but that money.
money does not make you rich...relationships do...people who are driven by money are shallow, with superficial friends...they are not rich, just caught up in the race...most are unhappy...so comes the phrase "money cant buy happiness"...and it cant...i prefer a well balanced friend ...but by the same token, the lack of money can damn sure make you unhappy
Old 06-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Handmade Sunset
Not Ranked     
Everybody needs to point a finger at somebody else. I think it is funny that for years bikers wanted everybody to know what being a biker was all about. Now that everybody has a bike and wants a taste of the lifestyle, the 'bikers' want them all to go away. We should all be unique and wear black t-shirts and black leather jackets.

Dave...building my own shit...wearing brown
Old 06-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Handmade Sunset
Not Ranked     
oh yeah...not waving to anyone
Old 06-15-2005, 06:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
RUB or PATCH HOLDER...makes no diff, there are two kinds of people...people i like, and people i dont

its based on the attitude they take, questions they ask, answers they provide...etc

cant be decided until speaking to them usually(not always)

my best customers are rubs
my worst customers are rubs
my best customers are bikers
my worst customers are bikers

the bike, clothes patches, pins....has nothing to do with anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 06:57 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
but...if i see a guy in july, pulled over under a bridge, cause he doesnt want to get his stupid chaps wet....
Old 06-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
dont even stop...he's got all the answers
Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Pure KustomŽ Harley
Not Ranked     
except if leather shrinks when it gets wet!!! lol
Old 06-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I just like bikes....I'm a FM.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '99 ZRX1100, '01 FXD, '04 HardcoreII
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan TTM
money does not make you rich...relationships do...people who are driven by money are shallow, with superficial friends...they are not rich, just caught up in the race...most are unhappy...so comes the phrase "money cant buy happiness"...and it cant...i prefer a well balanced friend ...but by the same token, the lack of money can damn sure make you unhappy
Amen.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74 Ironhead
Send a message via Yahoo to RippoDippo
Not Ranked     
RUB.s are the one's in the Fashion Zone. You can draw there picture
If your in the industry you need them, your Bread & Butter.
Sensable comfortable riding clothes are good to use.
But Chaps with a Bandana tied to them
Old 06-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Gypsy Chopper, I think you nailed it. I've worked for/with all kinds of bikers, and never found the money to be attached only to idiots!

I've even worked for a few millionaires, and I was suprised to find that some are friendly, humble and thankful for their good luck, and some are arrogant, argumentative and difficult. That sounds like every other group, rich or poor, serious enthusiast or casual consumer.

One other thing that suprised me was that having wealth can cause a lot of extra grief. I do not know this from personal experience :-) but some of their situations were really sad.

I try to judge people by their character. Nothing else really matters. The custom motorcyle hobby belongs to anybody who participates, so you might as well accept the fact that nothing ever stays the same. Make friends of the friendly people who like what you like, and be respectful of the others,........ but you don't have to spend your time with them!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Mutation in progress!!
Not Ranked     
I am a RUB!! (Really Ugly Biker) I am also a PAB who has to go to the JOB so I can PAY'd on this WED of JUN. I will be back LTR so BE good 2DAY!!

Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004, 90" S & S PanHead
Not Ranked     
Ok-my $.02 All this discussion from a group of people (bikers and enthusiasts) that had a complaint about being looked down on as a group and oppressed, hasseled, labled and dissed, ect. now are labeling and dissing each other! What a laugh! Some people are good and some not so good! Whats cool to you may not be to me! We all love bikes and share that- anything else that we have in common is a bonus! Who cares! You go to a poker run or rally and no one is gonna love every one there! Thank god for the variety among us all. Some of the guys who complain about RUBs make their living from them and most of the RUBs couldnt make a dime without hard working people that do what they cant or wont. I could build my own bike but it would be such a cobbled together piece of crap that I would never get out of the garage! But the guy that build my bike with me, wears a Rolex watch and lizard skin cowboy boots! I work in an office and he eats bolts for breakfast but he is more of a RUB than me! We still go down the road together and drink and party and hang out- I treat everybody with respect until they prove that they dont deserve it.

Remember, we all share the road and the risk and enjoy it in our own ways-all a little (or a lot) different so get over it! If we all thought that every body has to think alike, all our old ladies (or old men) would look alike! Yikes!