Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Rocky's Pure Kustom Paint & Leather

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
21" Doom Front wheel needed
Last Post: LorenzoHD
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 13
Views: 2,862
Evil Bitch
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 406
Views: 98,604
Brembo brake ID
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-24-2021
Replies: 2
Views: 69
9 Ultima 113 (100 miles) dumping oil from breather
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 11-24-2021
Replies: 29
Views: 654
Newb clutch questions
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-22-2021
Replies: 1
Views: 83
More...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 Pure KustomŽ Harley
Not Ranked     
Serious Question???

I need help from you members. About my website. I have been getting from 5,000 to 7,000. visits a month and over 41,000. page views a month on my website but with very few calls. What do you members think I should do to generate more interest? your help would be appreciated.

www.purekustom.com

Thanks for your help
Rocky

Last edited by Pure Kustom; 04-28-2005 at 03:05 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid 250, Ultima 100"
Not Ranked     
hey Rocky,

It's so rare that I can actually be of much help to folks around here, so before I get into my opinion, let me tell you a little about where it's coming from. I'm a professional web designer and devloper. Yes, I actually do it for my full-time job. I've got 15 years experience in design and 6 specifically doing websites.

Now, my first impression of your site is that it's very busy. You're trying to show too much all at once. People need to have things spoon-fed to them a little at a time. Your site navigation is also a little awkward. I have to scroll around a little to even find it on the home page. Once I click on a link, then the navigation moves to a new spot. Having some slight variation in the nav to show where a user is in the site is good, but you should try to make the placement and look of the nav consistent throughout the site. People just don't have the patience to look around for where to click.

I'm sure there's more I could nit-pick about, but that would just be me being anal! You've got some simply amazing work to display and I honestly think that your site just doesn't do it justice. If you really want to convert more of your site traffic to sales, I think you should redesign your site so that it showcases your work in a light that does it proud. Maybe take a look at some other sites that you like and see how they've laid out their navigation and content. Use them as a guide for yours. I like to go to http://www.coolhomepages.com sometimes to get some ideas. There's lots of great stuff to see there and it can really help to get the design flowing.

Another option for you would be to have a pro do a new site for you. Like me for instance! :-) If you're interested, I would be willing to trade services. I LOVE the barter system! Shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 99 cust softail 80CI
Not Ranked     
personaly I find your site a bit too busy. Kinda cluttered and not very straight forward. When I go to check out some ones site I want to see the catagories of thier products and then at the very least a ball pak price, If a specific price can not be shown. I have always gone with, "If you have to ask it's too expensive." I know what price range I am looking for and emailing to ask for a price is an extra step I don't have time for. I was only on your site for about 3 minutes and could see the confusion. Not ment to be a put down, just honest straight forward critisism!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thanks guys, Thats what I want to hear. Not a put down if it helps me. I am allready getting alot of hit throughout the site. Just not getting alot of calls. For instance I sell tons of girls shirts . the vicious Bitch shirt. But none off of the web site. I noticed last night that you have to pull down a tab to see the price. I figured that was no good. Also I have looked at others website and the ones I have seen do not list any prices on there work. I use to but took them off. May be I should put them back???

I just added all the seats on the front page this morning. to much you think? I really want to promote the leather work.

Thanks again
Rocky

P.s. Nice work skinnybonzjonez, Let me think about it. I have tried useing flash before. but it is a Pain in the ass. Also I am not a big fan of most of the flash sites I have seen. I have seen cool ones for what they do. But not for buisness. So far atleast.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Rocky, I have had my site up and running for a while, and I have found that it has attracted more business locally, than from out-of-town. Often I find out after working for a local customer that he found me on the internet. A pleasant suprise, I'll add, because any business is welcome. I also found that the out-of-state customers I get are guys who are interested in what I do that they don't have available locally. Since then, I've pulled some of the more typical and trendy work off, and tried to show more of the unusual. It seems to be helping. Still not the response I originally expected, but then you are asking a customer to do more work by shipping parts, and some people just aren't as motivated as the "self-employed"! :-) Jay
Old 04-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Jay I hear yah, Most of the work I have gotten off the internet is mostley all out of state and alot out of the country. I am getting the traffic. Just wondering what I have to do to keep them there.Sales calls and questions would be nice.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid 250, Ultima 100"
Not Ranked     
I can definitely understand that Rocky. Flash is too much for most. I don't actually use flash that much anymore. Just for the occasional attention grabber. My Ikon Studio website is actually a rather outdated example. For your site, I doubt I would use any flash.

I definitely think the seat photos are too much for the home page. Instead, how about just putting a nice shot of one seat there? Then, either change that image periodically or maybe have it randomly select one each time someone goes to the page. This way, you could show a nicer shot with greater detail to get the users' attention. Then when they get to the "Seats" page they could see the entire gallery's worth.

I think it's good to have pricing information on your site as long as it stays up to date. The more information you can give people about your products the better. You just don't want people calling to place an order and have to tell them the price has changed. Of course, with custom items like yours it would be more difficult to show pricing. Although, it wouldn't be a bad idea to show the prices of the seats in your gallery so a potential customer could get an idea of what costs what.

I would also definitely replace the background image with something that's less busy. Just about anything you put on top of a background with that much going on is going to get a little lost. You don't want the users' focus to be on the background.

e
Old 04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Rocky
In our business where most guys want to shop local.....after all how can you stop in every 10 min if the paint shop is out of town.....hehehehe.....i find custom paint web sites are more business cards for the locals......you hand out a card and they go to the site for more info.......most of my work and web traffic is first generated by a business card from my area then the website.

You might do better with seats where painting a bike gets into shipping problems...most guys hate to ship out there parts......and unless your custom crating them back its tough throwing paint into the shipping quagmire....so you get a lot of traffic and even seriouse calls...but its tough getting guys to take that final jump.

good suggestions from the guys here.........im re-amping the doccyber.com site and deathcoastchoppers.com site hoping to generate more actual traffic with a better store front...............its still a challenge finding great customers
Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2000, HD
Not Ranked     
The A.S.S. system site is still under construction. Saw that a few months ago.

There's no prices in the seat area and I can't buy a basic seat from you to see how how your seats are put together. If I like it, maybe I go back and get something with a design. Hard to get people with Harley's to go a little wild and there's a bunch of them out there.

The ladies t-shirts cool because it's kind of generic and the saying makes em feel good about themselves. The mens have a big Pure Kustom logo (maybe a small PK design) on them and a nice bike that no one I know owns. Some of the designs on the seats would be cool t-shirt designs (like baby new years, the guns, skulls and flames)...

Ordering info. link doesn't let you order anything.

Why different domains for each of the product categories? Same owner for each site, right?

Good luck
Old 04-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1996 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Rocky,
I would reccomend putting your contact info on the front page so the user gets that info on the first look. Don't make the user look for your contact info.

Take off every picture or link that does not work. "Under construction" and "coming soon" are not good in web design. Put them on when they work.

Perhaps use "buttons" instead of text links and put a "home button on all of the pages so the user can easily get back to the home page without using the back arrow.

Try a solid background or one with fewer images to draw attention to the subject. White space (or solid colored spaces) draws attention to the subject.

Maybe a budget model seat with a price listed to "get em hooked"

Make your links to pages outside your site open in a new browser so your viewers don't wander off.

Some of these suggestions I remember from reading a book on HTML, take a look at my band website http://www.blueswizards.net/

Just say no to Flash, it only impresses the people who write it.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have been to your site on several occasions looking around and did in fact find it busy, not so busy that I did not attempt to contact you for information regarding the ASS system. My challenge was that I never received any information in response. I love the seats, you have all kinds of talent but there may be some validity to making it a little easier on the eyes. I find myself drawn to the back ground as much as the product. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 Miss Tress Chopper
Not Ranked     
I have to say websites are just a fad. The internet is a bunch of hype and will not be around in 10 years.

really, I could go into a bunch of crap about color theroy, design, content blah blah this or that, but the bottom line is this: download times man. IM running dls at home and it works fine for me, but looking at your site it looks like there is hell to pay for a dial up user on 56k modem.

sure its busy but it sounds like people are finding what they need. Maybe not be as easy as it could be but if your selling shirts that means they are finding them. You could make it easier on folks.

I have seen a few broken img src's too on the top nav of the site. that turns people off also. I know I wouldnt want to submit my CC info to a place online that had missing imgs ect. it just doent make me think you are serious about your online store.

Anyway, i think a more simple design (lose the bg imags, they really clutter up the place) will help a bit. But if its phone calls you want and not online purchases, then make a special ad, phone orders get 5% off or whatever paypal is hitting you for.

I dont know crap about websites.. dont want to. Like I said the internet is a fad. ahaha
-jes

http://www.kingjes.com
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 Miss Tress Chopper
Not Ranked     
ohh BTW man, go thru and check and make sure where ever you have an email like that the mailto: is going to your email address. I dont know how many times i have seen this.. wrong email ahahah

another way to get feedback is to have a form for submitting feedback and not reg email links. Not everyone has an email client set up. you know the click a link and outlook express opens up.. happens more then you can imagin.. a feedback form users can fill in (this allows you to require info if you want) and then they sumbit it.

this can generate an email to you, or write to a dB or both. If it wirites to a dB you can start collecting customer info for a mailing list also. maybe a monthly newsletter or email subscripttion.. just keep it updated and dont email very often... just becasue they are not a customer now doesnt mean they arnt checking out your shit to come back later and buy after they ahve shopped around or saved up the cash ya know..

ok, im done with this internet crap..
-jes

http://www.kingjes.com
Old 04-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks for the help guys made some changes this morning.

tfstrum thanks , I am finished with the A.S.S.SYSTEM. I just wanted them perfect before I added anymore info on them.

There is no such thing as a basic seat. I only sell tooled seats.

The mens shirts with a big Pure Kustom on them is because that is my company. Also that is why it has my bike on them.

The ordering info tell's you how you can order.

3 different domain on the same main domain address is because I own all 3 It is cheaper this way and it also gets more traffic to all of my sites.

Rocky

Last edited by Pure Kustom; 04-29-2005 at 07:07 AM..
Old 04-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks big mike,

info is there now,

There are 308 pages. But I am fixing them.

Back ground is darker now.

Buttons were there I just got rid of them .It depends on a persons computer if they show up or not.

Putting a price on a basic seat would be to vague they can be from 500 to 3,000.

I will try and work on the last one , but what about the pop up blockers?

Rocky

Last edited by Pure Kustom; 04-29-2005 at 07:04 AM..