Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > Redneck Engineering

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Bleeding brakes in dna rear end. Need help
Last Post: chopperfugger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 126
Leaking spoke wheel. Help needed
Last Post: cntrhub
Posted On: Today
Replies: 6
Views: 176
Seen the new Harleys?
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 3
Views: 88
What are these?
Last Post: erlobulldog
Posted On: 03-30-2020
Replies: 4
Views: 126
2001 Road King transmission swap
Last Post: CIC2016
Posted On: 03-29-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 167
More...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 Redneck
Not Ranked     
Getting High Battery

I have a 2004 Redneck Getting High model. I was away awhile and had motor trouble Rev-Tech made it right by rebuilding the motor while i was away the bike has sit unstarted for about 9 months after my friend reinstalled the rebuilt motor and when i returned it wouldnt start so i went local (remote area) and bought a battery that didnt have enough CCA to fire it and because of clearence im wandering whats my best battery option? It had a Deka ETX9 120CCA on a tender before i left.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have a DirtySouth dropseat frame. The battery goes under the tranny like yours. I couldn't find a high CCA that would fit the tray and ended up redoing the tray for a standard softail battery demension so it wouldn't bite me in the ass down the road. I had to shave the end of the 5th tranny mount but no big deal there. So I ended up with Deka battery I think 220CCA. Good luck finding high CCA for the stock tray brudda.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 Custom EVO
Not Ranked     
Yes, there's no way a Deka 120 CCA is going to work on a V-Twin, that's more for jet skis and scooters. I had similar battery space issues with my Santee frame when I didn't want to run a battery box equipped horseshoe oil tank. So I shopped for battery dimensions rather than battery CCAs and bought a custom use battery from Jireh. It's the smallest they sell (dimension wise) but it's rated at 230 CCAs. And it fit nicely behind my starter. Only problem was it didn't work, LOL. On a tender overnight it was fine, but sitting, even for a short time, while out riding and it would spin the motor just fine but have nothing left over to fire the motor. And my motor is a stock crate Evo.

So I bought a Big Boar Battery rated at 350 CCAs determined to make it fit somewhere on the bike even if I had to carry the damn thing around in a backpack! (But later thought the wires coming out of the backpack would make me look too much like a suicide bomber!)

Anyway, I did some creative welding, shaving, and filing and managed to make it fit behind the starter and my battery woes were over. But about a month later Big Boar came out with a brand new battery that's much smaller but still rated at a decent 300 CCAs (I wouldn't consider anything less than 270 CCAs) that may be easier for you to make work.

It's here:
http://www.bigboarproducts.com/314BB.htm

It's not in the J&P Cycle Catalog yet (too new) but they probably have it and maybe cheaper than the $159.95 MSRP.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: A fuckin tractor
Not Ranked     
this is what i'm running and she has no problem turning over my 127" . they have quite a few more small ones in their no-weight batteries, not sure what size your needing?.. http://www.braillebattery.com/index....teries/b2015/#
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2008 124" S&S Pro Street, 2010 Road King
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl4rat View Post
this is what i'm running and she has no problem turning over my 127" . they have quite a few more small ones in their no-weight batteries, not sure what size your needing?.. http://www.braillebattery.com/index....teries/b2015/#
426 CCA, That must be one hell of a powerful battery for its size..

Mak
C'mon Scary, theres a decending order of cool and WCC is at the top, we all know its true and the only thing that would make me cooler would be a bike with a vagina I could fuck start in front of 7-11 during a scratch off banaza sale. Cole 02/15/09
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Lucky Dog
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Shovel bobber, 77 FLH
Not Ranked     
Look at Interstate, I had one in a gettin high frame with good results..
~ Marion Robert Morrison
Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I got the highest CCA that would fit and had to drive 50 miles to find AMG 225 CCA and it will barley turn the motor over and it still wont fire? Any suggestions on how to get it to fire? Thanks for ny help.....
Old 02-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: few
Not Ranked     
A odyssey pc545 will fit. Do you have compression releases?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yes it is 100' Rev-tech with compression releases but as i said i have been away a while and the bike hasent been started in 9 months and i cant get enough juice to turn the motor over freely and i already FRIED a battery trying to boost it to start.....
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yes i Have compression releases.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The AMG (225 CCA)Battery did spin motor over fine but not getting any fire..... Next?