Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Redneck Engineering Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
2007 Big Bear Choppers Sled Prostreet
Last Post: waxlrose
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 1,002
6 Solo Seat Cover Needed
Last Post: jortegaa3289
Posted On: 12-01-2021
Replies: 3
Views: 1,267
American Ironhorse Outlaw Electrical issue.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 11-29-2021
Replies: 1
Views: 84
21" Doom Front wheel needed
Last Post: LorenzoHD
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 13
Views: 2,938
Evil Bitch
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 406
Views: 98,977
More...
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2013 Redneck Lowlife / SPCN
Not Ranked     
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg

Pictures of my build. Redneck lowlife 0 up, 5 out. This was an abandoned project at a fairly reputable shop that I picked up a few years ago. Craftsmanship on their part was terrible. Tank mounts were crooked. Fender wasn't straight. I'm still uncovering mysteries of why they did stuff the way they did. This was supposed to be a 40 deg frame but is actually a 42.
I'm building this one on a budget. Smaller Evo motor and 5 speed. Simple. Going to be either black or silver. Tonight was the first night that I was able to roll it off the lift. Last few things to do before paint is mount licenseand add extra gusset to neck. A few other small things as well. Since this is my first build from the beginning, I'm cautious that I dont overlook something prior to break down for paint. Goal is to get the mock up completely done before it's so cold that I can see my breath in the shop. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-11-20-2011_-38-resize.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-11-20-2011_-33-resize.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-11-20-2011_-34-resize.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-11-20-2011_-35-resize.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-11-20-2011_-36-resize.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: bdm mastiff,bdm pitbull,
Not Ranked     
looks cool... so does the street rod...
Old 11-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 76 shovel fx with mods,
Not Ranked     
Yup it gonna b cool! looks like ya got some 67-72 gm trucks there two,post up sum pics of them too!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks guys. Street rods are my passion but bikes are a good change of pace. Would post some pics of the trucks but someone may get upset saying it's too off topic.

I appreciate the help that's on this message board. I pretty much read all the new topics on Shop Talk on a daily basis. People have been extremely helpful when I've asked questions. I'm sure I'll have more as I go along. I've got almost everything to finish the build as far as parts. Just some small stuff like oil lines, brake lines, fittings. I've bought lots of stuff used which helps the budget. I'm a little nervous about wiring but this bike should be simple. I guess I'll use one of the wiring diagrams in the tech section and modify it a little. Just don't want to discover that I should have drilled a hole to pull a wire after everything is painted.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004War Eagle
Not Ranked     
I think this may be the best for simplicity;

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/18-536.pdf

Also, this is about as bare bones as it comes;

My Photo Gallery - wiring_diagram31
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The diagram is about perfect. I need to add a horn and in IL we have to put in a brake switch for the front brakes
What do people do about the headlight ground? There's a hole in my neck presumably for running headlight wires but no way you can get three thru that hole. Are they just grounding through the headlight and then the neck bearings....? Putting a hi/lo switch on the headlight in an inconspicuous spot would be like tities and beer. Simple.

Not sure if I have room for the Ultima module under the backbone. I think so. Need a small horn too.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Just looked at the Jireh website for a pic of the module. No sizes listed but it looks no bigger than a regular relay. I suppose I would need to keep that in an easy to get to spot for servicing the elctrical like under the seat.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 11:42 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004War Eagle
Not Ranked     
The 18-536 is approximately the size of a Bosch type relay. Wherever you can put a relay, you can put the 18-536.
All your wires for the headlight can be run through the hole in the neck and into the backbone. It's never too small, there's a reason bigger drill bits are made.
As far as the brakelight switch, I think I would mount it under the trans.
If you wire from scratch you may find this diagram more complete.

My Photo Gallery - WiringDiagramHD1

By the way, have you been working on this since '04?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks. Maybe the module would be handy. I'll have to size things up again under the seat.
In IL we have to have 2 brake light switches. One for front brake and one for the rear. I bought one to go on the front master cylinder banjo. So more wires there. Just not keen on opening the hole up and having 3 wires for the headlight, and 2-3 more wires for the brake light and horn.

The 04 is the one that I had Redneck assemble. I did the paint work and had the frame chromed and they assembled it and titled it.

I bought this frame in 08'. I've been accumulating parts slowly since then but only began to assemble it recently. In March/April I began to assemble it assuming that the shop I got it from had some things right. WRONG. They solid welded in the rear fender which may work for some but it doesn't for me. Way too hard to paint like that. It was crooked. I could only get 3 out of 4 bolts in the tank...mounts were wrong. For some stupid reason they cut off the tabs for the internal fork stops off the neck. Just a host of problems. But a grinder, welder and access to a machine shop has taken care of most of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-abate-show-04.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Tailight mounted. Need to cut the gusset at work still. This is an early frame... 2002/2003 and doesn't have any neck gusset at all. They added one... makes me think I should add one.
Attached Thumbnails
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneckrocket-002a.jpg  

Last edited by kxmotox247; 11-22-2011 at 06:40 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Just before teardown around Thanksgiving. Had some welding to do once disassembled.
Second picture is the frame back from Powdercoater. Bike black is the color. A really nice glossy black. Very happy with it. I spent a lot of time adding and blending welds on the frame. They came out great. Had the bars done too. Spent every minute I had over x-mas vacation and the holidays painting the tank, fenders and oil tank. All house of kolor black. Nothing fancy. But you can't beat glossy black paint for simplicity and class. I want this bike to stay simple. A little concerned that there's too much black though. Have the lowers for sale in the classifieds and would like to get some chrome up there.
It's cold here. 35 degrees in the shop but I was ready to finally set the engine in place. I don't enjoy frozen fingers but I'm excited. Oil tank is bolted in. Kind of a downfall with the Redneck frames that you cant take it in and out without pulling the motor. Anyway... it's in. Engine is setting in place. Gotta get some longer bolts. Getting the trans ready to drop in. Have to shave down 4 of the studs. Inner primary needs some new seals and then i'll put it on. Still gotta figure out what locking tab is used for this PBI sprocket (never had a chain final drive).
I'll update more as I move forward. I'm really anxious to keep moving.
Attached Thumbnails
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneckbpc.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneckpc.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneckpc1.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneckpc2.jpg  

Last edited by kxmotox247; 02-11-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: bdm mastiff,bdm pitbull,
Not Ranked     
thats a cool bike..
Old 03-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Almost finished... just add fuel!
Attached Thumbnails
Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneck-3-17-12f.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneck-3-17-12g.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneck-3-17-12c.jpg   Redneck Lowlife Build - 0up 5out 42 deg-redneck-3-17-12e.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
looks nice and clean. Nice job bud.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks.

Fighting a few battles right now. Bike fired on the first push of the button. It pulls pretty hard. Taking it easy as I break it in.