Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Redneck Engineering Builds (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/redneck-engineering-builds/)
-   -   master cylinder replacement (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/redneck-engineering-builds/123243-master-cylinder-replacement.html)

Richard Chandon 09-06-2021 02:40 PM

master cylinder replacement

i have a problem and need help, i have a 2008 redneck engineering,Buell lighting 1125cc and my master cylinder quit working but i do not know what brand it is ,and the bad part is i ave 3 holes in the left hand, 2 for mounting and the third for the line going to my rear brake line, can anyone help me fix this thing, front brake works like a scolded dog

STEINBVG 09-06-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Chandon (Post 1288451)
i have a problem and need help, i have a 2008 redneck engineering,Buell lighting 1125cc and my master cylinder quit working but i do not know what brand it is ,and the bad part is i ave 3 holes in the left hand, 2 for mounting and the third for the line going to my rear brake line, can anyone help me fix this thing, front brake works like a scolded dog

Pictures please

gt alex 09-06-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Chandon (Post 1288451)

Do you have a brake and clutch shop you can just send it to and have it re-built with a stainless sleeve and re-kitted.

STEINBVG 09-07-2021 03:46 AM

I use for my builds cheap kelsey hayes mc, they are easy to use and rebuild. Work very well in my complex systems- most of my bikes run rear and front calipers from a single foot pedal/master cylinder.

For dual caliper application[ or tripple in my single system case] - i would use bore 3/4[ or 11/16, ] , for single caliper- 5/8[ or 9/16].
They have standard mounting holes[ in the worst case scenario you can drill +/-tap an extra hole in the bracket]

the price range $50-100 depending on the bore. The ruibuild kits are under $20

Spade115 09-07-2021 08:30 AM

if its a Redneck bike they use the factory buell parts, if you can take a pic so we can make sure, but should be factory master cylinder.