Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Old School Chopper Talk! (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/old-school-chopper-talk/)
-   -   S & S P93H Question (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/old-school-chopper-talk/120151-s-s-p93h-question.html)

thesig357 06-23-2017 11:39 AM

S & S P93H Question

O K I am new to the forum and building bikes in general. I can't find the numbers anywhere. How much horsepower and torque does the S & S Panhead 93 H engine make? I really need to know because I want to make a 150 mph bike that has the torque to get there in a hurry if I want. I am still very new and do not have the knowledge to know this info off the top of my head. Thank you guys for any help.

Shovel52 06-24-2017 08:03 AM

S&S usually claims about one hp. for every cubic inch...93 hp.....That's not going to be enough to get what you want..that motor would probably fly apart on you...since 5500 rpm is red line, you are talking about needing crotch rocket rpm. here..the v twin motor is just not made for that.....How ever , if you up'd your cubic inches to around 130 or so...shaved your engine, added some one inch fuel lines and
went to nitro..you could probably make the quarter mile before you redlined.... hopefully ..no misfires..nothing like sitting on a live hand grenade...don't forget to strap your heads to the engine ...:D

STEINBVG 06-24-2017 11:09 AM

If I had an inclination to work serously on a motor, I would learn how to blue print the bottom end, dynamically balance the crancshaft/ roads/ pistons and then would work on the top end tunning...

thesig357 06-24-2017 05:18 PM

Thank you Shovel52 but I was not talking about quarter mile time i was saying that I wanted the bike's top speed to 150 mph and it be able to accelerate fairly quickly.

thesig357 06-24-2017 05:36 PM

Sorry guys I was not paying attention I was hitting the 5 instead of my 3 trying to type without looking. It's suppose to be 130 mph bike not 150 mph. Again sorry.

pushrod243 06-24-2017 06:22 PM

https://assetcloud02.roccommerce.net...ntage-dyno.png

Thiis for the Alt/Gen case versions HP should be the same for the generator case engines as well

Shovel52 06-25-2017 05:18 PM

I,m no expert, I was just mouthing off....If anyone has never been to the Harley drags, you should go...I'ts insane what they do to those engines...those fuel lines hold enough fuel to get
somebody across town and back..and they actually shave all the fins off the engines...and they do wrap big straps to hold the heads down in case they do have a misfire......I have a buddy that has a 96 Harley and that thing really strains to keep up with my 127 ....I was just suggesting that if you want to get that kind of speed and power, I would start with a big inch motor instead of pumping thousands of dollars into a smaller engine..I know everyone falls in love with their pony......I don't remember what engines they were running at the drags..Had to be s&s since Harley doesn't make large engines do they? Maybe they classed them by size..

DB 08-05-2021 04:45 AM

A constant diet of 130 MPH on a air cooled S&S 93 will turn you into a motor rebuilding expert. A Twin Cam would have a better chance at surviving that type of heat abuse!