Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > MotoXcycle

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
6 Solo Seat Cover Needed
Last Post: jortegaa3289
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 1,234
American Ironhorse Outlaw Electrical issue.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 11-29-2021
Replies: 1
Views: 59
21" Doom Front wheel needed
Last Post: LorenzoHD
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 13
Views: 2,923
Evil Bitch
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 406
Views: 98,780
Brembo brake ID
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-24-2021
Replies: 2
Views: 110
More...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Product money is just being pumped out of this country. A few people here make a buck but many many times that amount goes overseas and will never be seen again (except what our government gets in loans). The result is no jobs in this nation, reduced wages, cut back wages, early retirement packages...etc. Want to see government get excited...quit buying made in China items for as long as you can. Make a fad out of not buying made in China goods. Ask your family and friends to stop buying made in China goods.

You know what kind of wages you need or want to live as you would like...can you compete with $4 and less an hour that other countries pay to their workers? That $4 is if you have a college degree. It is no wonder things are being made elsewhere. And it is not China just making stuff and sending it here...it is simply companies that have their stuff made overseas to avoid the expense of putting money into the USA economy.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWerks View Post
Product money is just being pumped out of this country. A few people here make a buck but many many times that amount goes overseas and will never be seen again (except what our government gets in loans). The result is no jobs in this nation, reduced wages, cut back wages, early retirement packages...etc. Want to see government get excited...quit buying made in China items for as long as you can. Make a fad out of not buying made in China goods. Ask your family and friends to stop buying made in China goods.

You know what kind of wages you need or want to live as you would like...can you compete with $4 and less an hour that other countries pay to their workers? That $4 is if you have a college degree. It is no wonder things are being made elsewhere. And it is not China just making stuff and sending it here...it is simply companies that have their stuff made overseas to avoid the expense of putting money into the USA economy.
McCain said it in 2008 and it devastated his campaign. Recently I heard Obama say the exact same thing and his popularity dropped like a rock (paraphrased) "Look people, some of these manufacturing jobs are gone and they are just not coming back" It aint a popular thing to say but it's the god's honest truth. China can disappear tomorrow and those jobs wouldn't come back that is just a reality of our standard of living.

Mech I got tons of respect for your building abilities but this is simply regurgitated Union drivel that wouldn't last 15 seconds in a discussion with an economist from EITHER party. This is heavy industries battle cry to try to guilt consumers into buying goods priced beyond what the fair market will bear. Even if buying only American (qualify that any way you like) goods resulted in more manufacturing (read low end) jobs the lockout of imports would result in many great American companies losing their #1 positions in the greater world economy.

I live in Thailand Mech and I am writing this on a Compaq computer with Seagate hard drive a Cisco router a Intel processor, a HP printer, and it's charging a Motorola phone. From here I can see the bathroom with American Standard fixtures and shelfs stocked with Proctor & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Colgate and I won't even start with the pharmaceuticals. We drink Coke and eat Campbell's soup or Lays chips from 7-11 (not American anymore) daily. I used to drive a Ford truck, I flew here on a Boeing 747, the train station up the street runs G.E. diesel locomotives, the military issues M-16 and flies US planes and helicopters and there is a new deal with America to build Nuke reactors in our province. What do you think would happen to these companies and other too numerous to mention if America stopped buying raw rubber and frozen shrimp from Thailand? Well they would simply buy the reactors from the French, the trains from Japan, the planes from Airbus and the computers from Korea. When you advocate for isolationism you are really ignoring the fact that American companies are very well positioned in the world and that those policies would backfire and deal a huge blow to some of the best American companies out there.

You know what I do for a good part of my income Mech? I sell Harleys in Thailand so am I the great savior who is pumping foreign money into America? I doubt you would see it that way and I don't either I am just a guy who loves bikes and is trying to do right by his family.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 xl 1000
Send a message via Yahoo to vivisix
Not Ranked     
I just read that a tariff was passed on tires coming from China because it was killing american tire sales. good idea: make the cheap chinese tires more expensive than those from US.

what then happened? the american tire companies raised their tire prices back above chinese tires.
some because they have tires made in china, so they spread the cost over all of them, others, well they said the american tires are higher quality and people will buy them based on that. if that wasn't the problem, it would work. but it isn't.
greed is powerful, and I say fuck 'em.