Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > Painters/Seats/Chop Parts/General Distributors > Mike Learn Airbrush & Design

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
6 Solo Seat Cover Needed
Last Post: jortegaa3289
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 1,234
American Ironhorse Outlaw Electrical issue.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 11-29-2021
Replies: 1
Views: 56
21" Doom Front wheel needed
Last Post: LorenzoHD
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 13
Views: 2,922
Evil Bitch
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 11-26-2021
Replies: 406
Views: 98,772
Brembo brake ID
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 11-24-2021
Replies: 2
Views: 109
More...
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Mike Learn Airbrush & Design Nov. Seminar

OPEN CALL!! NOVEMBER 11-14
MIKE LEARN AIRBRUSH & DESIGN

THERE ARE STILL A FEW SEATS LEFT!

The Airbrush Weekend will include Instruction on Thursday, Friday and Saturday with a Wrap Up Party on SUnday. The classes are geared toward people with at least some working knowledge of airbrushing techniques.
Curriculum will cover advanced masking techniques, composition, content, lighting, use of transparent and opaque color and pinstripping. It is guaranteed to be educational, and a lot of fun.

Call Danielle at 480.557.0747 for more
information.
Home of Mike Learn Airbrush & Design
http://www.mikelearn.com
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom HD Conversion
Not Ranked     
First Class Review

The First Mike Learn Airbrush & Design Seminar was a resounding success!

On the weekend of November 11 - 14, students from all over gathered in the MLA shop for the first of many training seminars, with instruction led by award-winning airbrush Mike Learn. The 3.5 day course commenced with a class project that challenged the “normal” way of attacking an airbrush mural, and was designed to get students to think creatively and outside the box. As students worked on the first project, Mike conducted several demos, and gave thought provoking instruction. Though Mike is quick to say that his “style” of airbrushing is not the only way of doing things, he feels that a lot of what people are attracted to in his work is the way in which he attacks and executes a project.

Since the classes are limited to a small group of individuals, each student was able to get personalized instruction. The shop was set up in “stations” allowing students to gravitate towards the technique or skill that interests them. A computer and plotter was on hand, and Mike spent quite a bit of time explaining numerous computer-aided techniques. Krash had pin striping brushes, paint and gold leafing supplies available and gave one-on-one instruction throughout the weekend. Krash demonstrated several flame techniques, how to use spray mask, and many graphic and shading secrets. Unlimited references were made available and a staff member was on hand at all times for web and photo research.

Mike gave a pin-up art demo and instruction on several airbrush fire techniques. Of course skulls were discussed at length. In addition to the artistic instruction, Mike gave several talks inspired from his production paint shop days, presenting ideas on how to be more efficient, how to satisfy an artists’ creative needs while still producing mass amounts of product, and how to organize and streamline files and colors to make for easier repairs.

All in all, and enormous amount of information was presented. Mike’s goal was to make the class interesting and challenging to all skill levels, and to inspire artists to take the class more than once.

Extensive interviews with the students who came to Tempe, AZ from as far away as New Jersey, Virginia and even Germany with skill levels from novice to expert proved that the goals Mike set were more than achieved. In a very touching moment during the Wrap-Up party, Gary Hess, from Gary Hess Designs gave a heart-felt speech on behalf of the class and presented Mike Learn Airbrush & Design with a plaque from the students that read “To Mike Learn Airbrush & Design, For Sharing Your Knowledge And Opening Up Your Shop To Us, Many Thanks From your First Students, Airbrush Weekend November 2004.” We were all very touched by the gesture, and are so ecstatic that our efforts were so well received.

The feed back from the students has already been processed into the next class scheduled for mid-January. You can expect to see airbrush seminars available on a very consistent basis, and keep an eye out for more “specialized” training courses to be available later in 2005.

Here are some of the comments from our class review:

“[This class] has inspired me to go home and get to work. I have learned too much to list, pin striping, flame techniques . . . Thanks guys I’ve had a ball!”

“[Because of this class] I will not feel limited on what can be done with an airbrush . . . I have an urge to go home and practice, practice, practice!”

“[This class] has helped me to focus on putting together the original composition ideas and using new techniques. [I am leaving] with a confidence in airbrushing and an added desire to get after it more often. I’m anxious to incorporate motorcycle painting into my present business. The class size was perfect and your willingness to offer individual help and offer suggestions to each person was very impressive.”

“[I took this class] to learn from ‘the best’ in my mind and industry ‘icon’ . . . I have learned a lot and gained the positive attitude and confidence that I was lacking.”

“[I signed up for the class] to learn from the master. After following Mike’s career . . . the opportunity to learn from his experience was too good to pass up. I am going home with a motivation and enthusiasm to try new techniques.”

“Being able to do panels for myself, an not a customer, has proven to me that I can be more creative. I have never had the opportunity or time to do this type of work before. I am leaving with the inspiration to push myself and be more creative and know that I can do the things I wanted to learn.”

“[I signed up for the class because] I wanted some inspiration, and who better to learn from than the best in the industry. I also wanted to meet the people whose web site I check out weekly.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg class_sm.jpg (47.2 KB, 1084 views)

Home of LearnAirbrush.com ,
Mike Learn Airbrush & Design
and
Learn Guitars

Shop Phone: 303.828.0370
Fax: 303.945.7945
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Heard it was awesome. Cant wait until Terrance gets back to the shop today to hear all about it.

Edit: Whens the "members only" section going to be open on your web site?

Last edited by gear-doc; 11-16-2004 at 04:16 AM..
Old 11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 93 HD FXR Chopper
Send a message via AIM to Paint Roller
Not Ranked     
Hey gear Doc,
It will be up very soon. We wanted to get the class information up there first.

Mike