Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Metric Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
New build. CFL Style 6up
Last Post: jgs348
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 44
2" ultima open primary clutch hub problem
Last Post: Aliti
Replies: 6
Views: 90
Ultima wiring harness 18-530
Last Post: jworm
Replies: 3
Views: 41
CFL In the West Indies
Last Post: caymanchris
Replies: 131
Views: 7,705
Gpz900
Last Post: donald branscom
Replies: 13
Views: 212
More...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
750 Honda ?

I picked up a good runing 1981 Honda 750 and I'm trying to decide what type of bike to build, #1 old school chopper or #2 more of a pro street with a lot of tin work, I was looking for some input from the menbers on here, I will do a photo journal as work progresses so let me know what you think Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT Motorsports View Post
I picked up a good runing 1981 Honda 750 and I'm trying to decide what type of bike to build, #1 old school chopper or #2 more of a pro street with a lot of tin work, I was looking for some input from the menbers on here, I will do a photo journal as work progresses so let me know what you think Thanks
cafe or street fighter
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Google Steve Carpenter.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by David O'Hanlon View Post
Google Steve Carpenter.
Steve Carpenter? all I found is Steve Carpenter Fine Art
Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Punchbowl Lifeguard
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT Motorsports View Post
Steve Carpenter? all I found is Steve Carpenter Fine Art
i think he meant for you to start here:

http://www.cb750cafe.com/

some of these other so-called sex offenders arenít even registered. they donít even have papers! they donít put the work into it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Carpy does do some great work also check out http://benjiescaferacer.com/ some nice designs. you can always bobber it out with a hardtail and keep a low rake for getting in and out, or Cafe it, and keep the stock frame. Some good things to do to them 750's.
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 96 Yamaha Royal Star 1300
Not Ranked     
I would lean towards a cafe racer style bar hopping scooter, but I also think that styles of bikes are not only dependent on the bike but the size/weight/height of the rider...that is a fat man or lady would not look good on a cafe racer.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Stop the shaker can! Hole the press IS! Double Trouble You NO ChecKEY D ~ COMPRESSION!

Or you're pissing UPa R-00-----------D ~~~~~~ Pee.

Notoriously reliable as this model is notoriously soft in the head area. She is the valve and she pounds that head in a way you need to check the valves before I'd sink the carbs in vinegar is not even buy the vinegar.

So, the suggestion is to check those puppies quick!

1. First ~ Blow away any debris from the plugs. Lots of road rocks you can't see that were once rock say. Let those get in and add to crunching more air gap between seat and valve is not the way to go; if you want reliability.
2. If she is not at least 130 for such an old mare still in good condition, she can't hit 100 a hole. Gotta point out the 10% window. Bad idle you "try to tune-in 10% that is not there." So if one hole reads 130 and the other 140 psi, "it's an automatic tear-down." Slow goes the 10/15% window you think you got game for chop.
3. Can you run with a 10/15%'er? Sure you can. Who's racing? This is chop. But, the caveat [emptor] to this bike is it will eat you alive you do not check a shim gap.

Other than that soft metal technology, now leaps ahead today, where within a few thousand miles you'd lose a valve via burned out. It seems with those, you first needed to clear that pounding or peen-in of that soft kind of metallurgy back then. Today, owner's manual's first interval for valve inspection is at 15,000 miles. Back then it was a 600 miles yanking those delicate rocker box screws. Strip those out and oh my!

And the trick about getting the cover off is to; load the 4 corners with a flat blade screwdriver- the bigger the better. Then push up each time. Eventually, you'll see what I mean.

Those have a rubber lock to it and to make it easy, you first unscrew the bolts as they seem easy to spin and then they butt up against that rubber cushion that is well sealed on the cover. The deal is to float that rubber boot so it is one, easy to spin off by hand, two, you do no tear up that 6mm threaded hole or the cover will leak you tweak that bolt too tight over an old hard rubber that has no memory or lack of you keep twisting the bolt, the front tire comes around kind of gorilla torque is no! Not even! Use your hands to stop what feels tight and stop!

Cause and effect, you take a look at that bolt and it will laugh at that aluminum hole is buy-bye problem, hello heli-coil! Hey, you bought it to have fun. So, careful is the build with that old puppy and who knows how many tore that guy up, they last if you more hand feel those old parts on.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Not Ranked     
What the f.......???? I think somebody needs to get some air!!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 softail 103 S&S
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan125 View Post
I think maybe he forgot to turn the exhaust fan on in the paint booth
Old 01-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
That is one long post, I like to build frames thats what I do. I have built many frames that I like, so I can't decide what to build. The stock frame is out of the question the forks also have to go. I'm thinking a 300 rear tire and maybe a 200 front tire if its going to some thing low or a 21" front if its an old school chop.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 shovel CFL, 54 Pan, Z06
Not Ranked     
well Frank and Ron predicted the cafe craze is on ! yup yup yup

build whatcha like, what will you be doing with it, as in are you gonna do alot of long riding , or around town, or drag strip ? rider no rider etc.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty d View Post
well Frank and Ron predicted the cafe craze is on ! yup yup yup

build whatcha like, what will you be doing with it, as in are you gonna do alot of long riding , or around town, or drag strip ? rider no rider etc.
I like the cafe race look but I put many miles on a FZR 1000 and I don't feel that young any more not planning on putting a lot of miles on it but I would like to have the option to take a rider with. I have a drag car for the strip so I'm not looking for speed, just somthing that will turn heads and is fun to ride. I just finished a bike that was 14' long it was fun to drive but to hard to turn around out here, I live in the Mark Twain National Forest.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
build a bobber, something a little hot rod maybe a deraked bike.
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan125 View Post
OK, Not only have I raced this engine family, I sort of know this bike quite well as a matter of fact.

Let me get this straight. YOu would continue to pour in money into some roller that needs an engine that was not gone through first. Brush the squid smell off is what is the goings on here.

If you want to be an look like one, be my guest, send it into the spray booth and breath heavy.

I am not the one in left field here. You might as well call what you are riding a winged airplane. Would you fly with low compression across the country? Would the FAA let you?

You are being sprayed in the de-squidding booth is what is happening here.