Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Metric Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
This is where it begins -- New Build
Last Post: Old Guy
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 37
Gas tank weld failure
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 1
Views: 48
Got myself another old timer
Last Post: caymanchris
Replies: 8
Views: 145
AMA Announces Vote Like a Motorcyclist / ATV Rider Campaign
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 0
Views: 18
More...
Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 83 Virago XV500
Not Ranked     
Yamaha 500xv wiring chart needed

Anyone have a chart on a Yamaha 500xv? I'm looking for just a basic wiring chart for my chop. Thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: too many
Not Ranked     
Ive been on the hunt for a minimalist wiring diagram for my CB500t for a while tonight.....Im hoping I can use the posted cl360 diagram???? if not could someone point me in the right direction? thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Punchbowl Lifeguard
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
Hey, fig. I got one for you. I'll post a link today from the office. Although, the one you just mentioned would work.

some of these other so-called sex offenders arenít even registered. they donít even have papers! they donít put the work into it.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Punchbowl Lifeguard
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
alright, fig. just got to the office, where i can look at this on a bigger screen than my smartphone, and see that the diagrams SJ posted on the last page for the 360 is what you need. there are two diagrams, one for the ignition system, one for the charging.

the guy at oregon motorcycle parts has a nice diagram that incorporates the headlight and taillight setup if you need it. (i did.) however, he has his combined, solid-state regulator rectifier unit drawn into it. it will be a little different if you decide to use the original units, which are separate. (for that matter, i highly recommend his solid state combined unit.)

and finally, i know this isn't what you asked for, or the thread for it, but the stock diagram may help you solve some unforeseen issues, and here it is.

let me know if you need any help, i'd be happy to lend my very limited knowledge.

some of these other so-called sex offenders arenít even registered. they donít even have papers! they donít put the work into it.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: too many
Not Ranked     
Thanks poop! (never thought I would say that...) the Oregon schematic is exactly what I was looking for, dont know how I missed it as I was just there before posting this......I am running the head,tail/brake lights and also have replaced the rectifier and reg. with a Kholer unit. These charts will come in handy in a couple weeks when its time to wire and fire!!!

just for laughs I stripped it down to the frame today and was making killer progress until calamity ensued.........chimney fire!!! damn that was fun.......not... even had it out before the FD got here but they scoped the house with the Flir thermo scanner looking for hot spots and made sure everything was good to go ( made the wife feel a whole lot better) so a quick trip to the hardware for a new flapper vent, a ton of brushing and a huge mess later we're back in business
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: redneck
Not Ranked     
Anybody know anything about wiring made easy for Yamaha xj650? 4cylinder
Old 04-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
This is great info
Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
how about for a xv1100 virago?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bikesaws View Post
I notice allot of people have trouble when it comes to wiring up their rice chops. XS and CB diagrams are readily available on the web but other bikes are a complete mystery to most. Here are a few of the diagrams I have made up for weird shit here and their.

This one is for a Suzuki GS1100, it will probably work on a few other suzuki 4 banger models too:
[IMG][/IMG]

These are what I drew up for my CB360 project. This shows how to wire up your points. It also shows how to wire up a 2 diode system that is found on all early honda twins (CB-CL-SL 350, 450, 200, 360, 500T, etc.):

I drew these up for a Honda VT500, but they will also work for all of the early VT series (500, 700, 750) and the early VF series (V30, V45, V65) bikes:

I am also encouraging others to share any diagrams they may have here.
I checked out the wiring diagram that was posted here for the gs1100, looks nice n simple. Problem is, my Cdi has different coloured wires than those shown in the pic. Any ideas guys??