Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Metric Chopper Talk (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/metric-chopper-talk/)
-   -   Not a chopper but differently custrom (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/metric-chopper-talk/123233-not-chopper-but-differently-custrom.html)

gt alex 08-07-2021 04:47 AM

Not a chopper but differently custrom

2 Attachment(s)
Hi I am building a Suzuki SV650 Cafe Racer and am getting near finished but that's where I always get stuck.
I am fine with the mechanics and the modifying despite my often crude abilities,
Now I getting down the the finishing aesthetics.
I am currently making my custom tank and I sure my methods will have many of you shaking your heads.
I will post some pictures for opinions to help get the appearance right.
The tank is still mock up stage but not for long so any thoughts are welcome.

Can you see anything, anything at all you think could be better, tell me what you think it needs to get a wow factor ???

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4rgsTdoueyTLqam57

Spade115 08-09-2021 09:25 AM

I really like it, looks real good.

are you going to leave the frame white or paint to match?

gt alex 08-09-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288353)
I really like it, looks real good.

are you going to leave the frame white or paint to match?

The frame is alloy painted the standard silver.
I could polish it (a lot of work) it may be worth doing, leave it (It looks better than the picture indicates) or change the colour.
I ready don't know what to do.
I got my shield gas today so I can start TIGing up the new tank this week.
I did a video walk around but I don't know if the site will let me post it yet.

Any suggestions are welcome Thanks

gt alex 08-10-2021 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Been making a pattern for the inside shape for the new tank, also pick up some shield gas for the job.

gt alex 08-10-2021 02:07 AM

Modifications

Drivetrain

14/45 520 gear set alloy rear sprocket,
Lightened flywheel
4 deg offset key way for more ignition advance.
Electric fuel pump conversion feeding a mechanical single throttle body on a custom manifold.
with OEM Throttle position sensor

Interior

Revamped wiring hidden under seat,
Lithium battery under hump

Exterior

Shorted front guard, Off cut from guard made into headlight cowl
Hump seat on custom frame, Fuel tank under construction
Aftermarket Rear sets with folding pegs,
Custom clip ons made from cut up drag bars slight bend allowing for ergonomic adjustment,
Radial brake Master cyl. with matching clutch lever, Twin front brake lines,
Smaller switch block RHS and dirt bike style throttle tube.
Digital dash with change light and working gear indicator,
Harley rubber gaiters,
Bar end mirrors

Audio

A great exhaust note

Lighting

5 3/4 inch headlight with 55/55w halogen globe
Led tail/brake/lic plate light
Led indicators and flasher unit
Powered by a gsxr600 Reg/Rec

Exhaust

Black Widow Gen 3 decat header (adapted to Gen1),
Emgo reverse cone shorty with custom internals.

Suspension

Front forks rebuilt with gold valve cartridge emulators and firmer .9 spring lowered approx. 30mm 15wt Oil with 110mm level.
Rear has a fully adjustable remote reservoir 330mm shock/spring with shorter dog bones to restore standard rear height.

Spade115 08-10-2021 08:53 AM

Thats awesome man!

I wish I had the skill, tools or materials to do anything a lot of people do lol.

I did a few things to my bike and it caught fire o.0 been in the shop for 3 years now :/ lol.

Keep up the posts man.

gt alex 08-10-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288375)
Thats awesome man!

I wish I had the skill, tools or materials to do anything a lot of people do lol.

I did a few things to my bike and it caught fire o.0 been in the shop for 3 years now :/ lol.

Keep up the posts man.

I have had the bike 3 years now, Sometimes I just want to have a ride and it's in bits again. I am nearly done that's why I need help to make it look as good as it goes.
I'm a old fart and had a long time to collect tools and play with them.
Fire is always a worry especially if you are sitting on it .. lol

Spade115 08-10-2021 01:53 PM

im just happy this time I wasnt in Motion lol.

its coming out looking good, happy for you man

gt alex 08-10-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288390)
im just happy this time I wasnt in Motion lol.

its coming out looking good, happy for you man

Have you got a picture of your bike, Is it on going project or are you just going to ride?

Spade115 08-11-2021 08:20 AM

I just have a "Simple" lol 85 FXRC (Dream Bike)
I will have to upload some pics.

Got my uncle into bikes and I have been using his 06 Rigid, and we just picked up a 99 Softail that needs work. (Pics to come)

http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost...00/85_FXRC.jpg
http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost...m/06_Rigid.jpg
http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost...99_Softail.jpg

We took the fairing and sissy bar off the softail.

gt alex 08-11-2021 01:29 PM

Is the one with the flamed tank where you're heading with the recent purchased soft tail

gt alex 08-12-2021 04:45 AM

I was working out fuel capacity for the tank I'm making and a conservative estimate is about 12-13 litres.

I can live with that but I hope it's a bit more when all done.

Spade115 08-12-2021 06:44 AM

Thats a good size for a tank, even riding at distance, just depending on where your at, extra fuel bottle on your bike for emergencies.

No, Just removed Fairing off the Softail, and just clean it up, might go up for sale after some work, might be a beater/loaner when done, my uncle is already looking for his 3rd bike....he has ridden the rigid once. lol

gt alex 08-14-2021 11:45 PM

I was thinking of lowering the rear of the tank to get it as parallel as possible with the seat line but to get another litre in the tank I am raising the front and lengthening it about 20 mm, should make it about 13-5-14.5 which I am much happier with.

gt alex 08-16-2021 07:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A step closer, only thing stopping me from using it is the missing hose to run between the regulator and the welder.
Should some rubber fuel line do the trick?
I am thinking of mounting my little plasma cuter on the lower arm.
Then the tank